It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome To Canada! Trudeau says Canada will take refugees banned by U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Give me your criminal, your poor that will not work , your miscreant masses yearning to live free on the citizen's dime, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
I think you misunderstood who Trudeau was talking about.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
That article is a year and a half old.
He's changed his mind a little bit.

www.nytimes.com...

Canada’s minister of immigration, Ahmed Hussen, himself a former refugee who moved to the country from Somalia when he was 16, said Canada was proud to be a welcoming country but could not welcome everyone. Only about 8 percent of Haitian migrants had received asylum here since the summer, he said, while there is a backlog of about 40,700 cases, according to Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board.

“We don’t want people to illegally enter our border, and doing so is not a free ticket to Canada,” Mr. Hussen said in an interview. “We are saying, ‘You will be apprehended, screened, detained, fingerprinted, and if you can’t establish a genuine claim, you will be denied refugee protection and removed.’ ”

So you're saying Trudeau is a racist Nazi who likes to be peed on by Russian hookers and eats babies? I knew it...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

We have 37 million legal immigrants living here and we take in 1 million a year.

Canada has what, 36 million total citizens. How many legal immigrants does Canada take in, in one year?

You do realize you are talking about taking in people that cannot be vetted and who may not be you know, good people?

Trump has never banned Muslims, is Trudeau not honest? It would seem so and I suppose politicians are the same worldwide. Spin facts when the truth is inconvenient.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Do you think he can be persuaded to also take the refugees on the southern border? Instead of deporting them back to Mexico after a stint in a detention center; just pick them up at the board and bus them over into Canada. Then everyone can be happy.

The bus would be empty before they reached Canada.
People are not coming here to move to the great white north.

If we can keep them locked up in tents. I'm sure we can do something about them bus doors for a few hours

No.
You can't make them move to Canada.
Then we will have people in Canada trying to get back in the US.

We will need two walls.

We could probably get Cannada to pay for that one. I hear they dont like us much these days, Trudeau can show the world how much by building a wall.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

it's pretty obvious we're racist with those numbers I think we need to double it at least

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

This is not true at all... I am a blue collar worker in Hamilton ON. And have many friends in Brampton, otherwise known as 'Browntown' and crime is like it has always been, either gang related, of close friend of relative related. Maybe you should stop reading the Toronto sun.
The biggest news in murder was a serial killer who preyed on gay men in Toronto other than that crime has been like it always was, normal stupid petty conflicts.
Canada has made immigration work believe it or not, and we manage it because we only have 36 some off million people.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I actually do think we need to take in more, but only if they are vetted and do it the right way. We could up it to 2 million.

Of course Congress would have to play nice together and do the right thing in a bipartisan manner. It should be much easier to come here, but we don't need to start taking in people we have no idea who they are.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No, Trudeau does not represent me and I didn't vote for him. He sickens me.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How does the law define "refugee"?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I love my American neighbours. Have no issues at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Here let me take a page out of the US logic books.

Still your PM, get over it.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I'm in northern Ontario.
Google Thunder Bay Ontario crime.
Or listen to the CBC for a day

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yup, yup, yup.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Why should I get over it? He's useless, he's making a mockery of Canada, he isn't treating all provinces fairly and he's destroying us.

Sure, I respect him as my country's elected leader, however that doesn't mean I have to get over it. If I were to get "over it" then I wouldn't be voting him out the first chance I get!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

In agreement with you.

Mayor John Tory says the city is not equipped to handle any more waves of refugee claimants because of 'unprecedented pressure' on its shelter system and will not be able to so without immediate provincial and federal financial help. (John Rieti/CBC)

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

well, you need to double your tax contribution (voluntarily) and since your probably a white oppressor or at least someone in your family lineage was at some point in time you need to move out of your house at the very least

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I don't think we need to take more in at all I think we can do whatever the economy and system can handle no more no less

the schools are already a mess the roads everything so at what point do we start bringing in people who can help us solve our problems and not people who pressure the system?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Ha, ha. It's coming.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Does India have something to do with this topic?
Are refugees from India banned from the US?

edit on 6/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join