It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 72% of Americans Believe Establishment Media Deliberately Report Fake News

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I guess the majority of people are not well conditioned to believe lies yet. They will have to boost the zombie food chemistry to achieve their goals of mind control. I think that the news agencies think they have most of us brainwashed, they are not very smart. Now we just have to figure a way to pass laws to make fake news creation illegal without interfering with the freedom of the press or our freedom of speech. We just need the press to tell the truth, not a spun truth to show something that is not real.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

shows the 28% who post liberal crap on here,and the ones who work for media lot's of outlets,and I think about 12 % are pushing an agenda,and 16% are actually that stupid

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: myselfaswell

I agree, breitbart is partisan. Who isn't these days?

If you follow the link to the website of the actual polling service, it is not, IMO, a particularly biased poll. Seems legit, and also references a poll by another company that got a similar response.

These people cried over Drudge Report. No actual reporting, just a news aggregate.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
All media outlets have a bias. It's just a matter of degree. Some, like Fox News, deliberately distort facts or use inflammatory adjectives to rouse its viewers. All use meaningless talking points to distract attention, and all use what might be the worst tactic at all — avoiding reporting something at all. What stays out of sight stays out of mind. Mainstream media is worthless for forming an objective, intelligent opinion and should not be taken too seriously yet it dumb you down. The internet is a much better source of truth, though there is an enormous amount of noise to filter. It's hard to maintain critical thinking skills, but necessary if we have a chance to evolve mankind.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The poll did not have a huge sample only 3,936 adults.
Research polls are not the end all be all. They can be indirectly swayed by the question wording, bad statistical analysis, human biased woven in to the polling question, or just error.
When I did a research paper in college I notices that a few of the questions I came up with leaned toward my hypothesis without me realizing. oops...

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If anyone doubts the deep state/NWO bunch IMO look no further than the corruption of the FBI, DOJ, and the script directed news reports that fight tooth and nail against anything Trump tries to do as president.

I kept thinking much the same way, during the election.

That basically, by their actions, they were putting themselves in the limelight better than any conspiracy theorist could ever hope to do.

But alas, there are folks who still believe every headline on CNN, even when the text of the story directly contradicts it.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The fake news is in the title....Poll: 72% of Americans Believe Establishment Media Deliberately Report Fake News

To make the statement "72% of Americans " starts out the article as false. I'm an American and I didn't receive a request to complete a survey. There are over 400 million Americans and I doubt every American received an invite to complete their survey.

This goes for both sides of the fence. Don't say or imply all Americans when their survey base are their friends or political side of choice.

posted on Jun, 29 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
The fake news is in the title....Poll: 72% of Americans Believe Establishment Media Deliberately Report Fake News

To make the statement "72% of Americans " starts out the article as false. I'm an American and I didn't receive a request to complete a survey. There are over 400 million Americans and I doubt every American received an invite to complete their survey.

This goes for both sides of the fence. Don't say or imply all Americans when their survey base are their friends or political side of choice.

Do you understand how surveys work? Whilst I agree the results can be misleading, you really don't have to interview everyone to get a read on public opinion. Honestly. No, really.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I work in Advertising and i know that a large share of MSM stories are really placed advertisements, right down to a script and video clips being provided.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Their methodology is questionable, but it does suggest that the disinformation campaign is working. Americans no longer understand how to assimilate news.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

I work in Advertising and i know that a large share of MSM stories are really placed advertisements, right down to a script and video clips being provided.

Not exactly. Television news relies on "fluff pieces" provided by marketers to pad out their broadcasts. This has been a growing problem as media corporations trim the news department budgets. Local news stations often rely almost entirely on these prepackaged "infomercials." This is why I constantly urge everyone to rely on print journalism. Although newspapers and magazines publish fluff pieces, they do not present it as being important news.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Apparently this is true when it comes to the American brain dead’s choice for news. Only 10% of what they regurgitate is actually true. www.politifact.com...

As usual, thanks for posting a partisan laugh riot.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I understand how surveys work. I also understand they are not polling 72% of Americans. Basically, what I'm saying is, don't make a statement that 72% of 400 million people have given opinion when they have not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join