It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 72% of Americans Believe Establishment Media Deliberately Report Fake News

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Another crazy poll shows 72% of Americans Thinks the MSM deliberately reports fake news !!

Yup, the word "deliberately" is the key word I think.

A bit Partisan, but looks like it might be "balanced" 😎

People waking up to the propaganda that's many times pretty obvious especially with some news outlets.

The alarming part is : 25% believe the MSM news is rarely or never "deliberately" fake !! 😵

Poll: 72% of Americans Believe Establishment Media Deliberately Report Fake News

More than two-thirds of Americans, a full 72 percent, believe “traditional news outlets knowingly report false or misleading stories,” according to a Axios/SurveyMonkey poll.

Only 25 percent of Americans believe the media “rarely” or “never” deliberately report fake news.

In other words, only one-quarter of the country believe the media are not guilty of intentionally spreading lies to mislead the American people.

The partisan breakdown is even more revealing…

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Keep it going as your on a roll.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Going by that other poll that says 33% see civil war looming.

Fake news still has some work to do.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Your source is Breibart.com and you put this sentence into your OP.

A bit Partisan, but looks like it might be "balanced"

FFS

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So an article from a fake news site about fake news....

Just slightly ironic...

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Only 72%?

So, 28% of Americans are still stupid, then?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I agree, breitbart is partisan. Who isn't these days?

If you follow the link to the website of the actual polling service, it is not, IMO, a particularly biased poll. Seems legit, and also references a poll by another company that got a similar response.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I believe in a free press and all that but there really should be a means of retribution when MSN fabricates a news story just to slander..

A friend of mine (not American) went to the states (was not a Trump supporter) and when he came back all he could talk about was the non stop lies and slander the press in the states got away with. Even he swore off watching and believing anything CNN had to say.

If anyone doubts the deep state/NWO bunch IMO look no further than the corruption of the FBI, DOJ, and the script directed news reports that fight tooth and nail against anything Trump tries to do as president.
edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

For anybody afraid of a Breitbart click...

(from the article)
SurveyMonkey poll

💥👁💥

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I’d like to see a poll showing how many people this is breaking news to. And then have it cross referenced with voting records.

Maybe then we can start to get a handle on the epidemic of idiocy that has been sweeping the nation. If you only recently found out that the news (gasp!) isn’t all true, you probably have a lot more pressing things to worry about than what CNN and Fox is telling you.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

There should definitely be a clear line between news, and opinion. To say it has become blurred would be the understatement of the century.

I would like to believe the poll is accurate. That would mean ppl are paying attention, and see through all the rhetoric.

Maybe I've been underestimating my fellow Americans.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When asked

When you read news, which of the following things do you do to verify that what you hear or read is true? (Select all that apply.) (AMONG THINK FAKE NEWS EXISTS)

I find it ironic that 47% of them stated "I stick to news sources that I trust".

To the question:

How often do you think traditional major news sources report news they know to be fake, false, or purposely misleading?

43% reported a lot.

In addition, when asked:

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as president?

42% reported a strong disapproval vs 25% who reported a strong approval.

Finally, when asked:

How certain are you that you can spot fake, false, or purposely misleading news? (AMONG THINK FAKE NEWS EXISTS)

Only 22% reported they were very certain, while 52% reported somewhat certain.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That poll is accurate. Most Americans are not as gullible as the MSM thinks we are.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I don't believe the poll! It must be fake ne-. . . oh, wait.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Your source is Breibart.com and you put this sentence into your OP.

A bit Partisan, but looks like it might be "balanced"

FFS

You don't read , do you ?

according to a Axios/SurveyMonkey

From the link...

edit on 6/27/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A poll about fake news being released by the news..

72% of me thinks this is fake.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I read something once from a guy in the 70's that pointed out that as news got bigger as a business, as more TV channels rolled in, more newspapers and radio stations came online, that there came a point where there wasn't enough news to cover.

So they started making news to cover.

Flash forward to today and the internet and I believe the premise entirely true.

It's mostly content that is being reported on so that they can have something TO report on.

So it is no wonder that it went from being news to being opinions.

ETA, in unrelated news I heard today that CNN's viewership in America just fell under the Food channel.

edit on 27-6-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Statistics....

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

For anybody afraid of a Breitbart click...

(from the article)
SurveyMonkey poll

💥👁💥

Also shows that independents are more aligned with Republicans than Democrats on the issue.

Come on midterms!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Mach2

And as expected it is BS;

Have a look at the actual breakdown of the survey

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join