It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
“The measure would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time.

So now, instead of separating kids from their parents, their just gonna detain women and children in (essentially) minimum security prisons, alongside potentially very dangerous and violent men.

Lmao you just are just never satisfied are you... or perhaps never considered there may be a reason as to why kids are some times separated from their parents if they are detained.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Thank God, now the rest of the website can agree with us that this has been inhumane.

Weird, because when the 9th circuit ruled, they saw putting the kids in prison with the parents as inhumane. Mark my words, Trump will now get $hit for putting the kids in prison with the parents. The next outrage will call for them to just allow the families in to the country.

They’ll call it “Trumps put children in prison policy”.

link   
Didn't he say two days ago it can't be fixed by executive order?
Lol
Courage of his convictions.
Pressure.
He caved.
He's weak.
Lol
No I'm glad really. I am. These children should never have been subjected to this abuse.

link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Sure we are.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

“The measure would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time.

So now, instead of separating kids from their parents, their just gonna detain women and children in (essentially) minimum security prisons, alongside potentially very dangerous and violent men.

Yup. Which is how we got to the separation in the first place.

Only took 2 posts for someone suggest it

link   
I normally don't like Presidents using EOs to legislate, however, in this case I will make an exception. As long as their are families illegally invading our country I think detaining them together until we can send them back is the best solution. I am glad President Trump dealt with this situation and hopefully we can now move on to more pressing issues facing our country.
edit on 2018/6/20 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Maybe it'll be the right going nuts this time. By now the effects from 'Trump' shutting down Backpage.com. Where most the hookers had been indoors collecting their clients in private, now they'll all be out standing the corners again. Of course that's not how you frame it, instead its a ZOMG CRIME WAVE!!!!!!!!!!

link   

Yes, this is what all the caring folks wanted. Now they have it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just got my tablet set to show avatars. You don't look anything like I was picturing. Lol

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It’s just more proof that Trump listens to the people. The rest just placated the people behind a facade of public relations.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What was your solution? I know I have asked you in multiple other threads and you never have anything to say other than complain that Trump stole your lunch money.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It was never about the children in the first place. I can’t wait to watch the media contort this.
edit on 20-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Good for him he has done the right thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And now we can observe the Alt-Right doing mental gymnastics praising Trump while simultaneously telling us that Trumps decision isn’t against their fears and hate against illegals but totally d’accord with it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why California and not the federal government?
The tent cities will cost $795.00 per night per person. Your idea of the holiday inn is really better but of course they can't lock them into a hotel and they don't want to risk those bad bad breast feeding la Leche league mamas loose in the South west. You never know what they will do.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: network dude

It was never about the children in the first place. I can’t wait to watch the media contort this.

you and I know that. I suppose that's good enough.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But it's what the liberals were asking for.

So we have to do it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

This order changes nothing.

One problem is that it's not actually legal, there's another law in place that says children can only be jailed for 20 days over immigration. If you're keeping family units together, then you're effectively saying anyone can only be jailed for 20 days which in turn brings back the catch and release program that Trump is trying to stop.

The other issue is that this does nothing to zero tolerance. We are still running around grabbing suspected illegals off the streets and putting them in concentration camps. It's still just as big a crime against humanity.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Voila.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BlueAjah

Why California and not the federal government?
The tent cities will cost $795.00 per night per person. Your idea of the holiday inn is really better but of course they can't lock them into a hotel and they don't want to risk those bad bad breast feeding la Leche league mamas loose in the South west. You never know what they will do.

Why don't you go up to a parent or family who had a loved one murdered by one these illegal aliens and flippantly say that to their face?

Bet they will see it your way aye?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join