It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Tekaran

SO, he reversed his own policy, and wants to blame the Democrats?

Yeah, ehheh, that's our Trump.

I don't understand, isn't this what you wanted?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

A concentration camp that has free medical care, free education, and free entertainment? Sign me up.
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Don't you worry sir, im quite FEMA has a bunk and coffin liner with you (and all of our) name(s) on it already...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
So they are awaiting mass execution are they? who knew.....

See that word "sometimes"? Using camp residents for slave labor or executions is not a requirement for a concentration camp. What is a requirement is that you forcibly abduct specific groups and hold them against their will.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Since when have there been co-ed detention centers?

Oh, I'm sure that there are adult videos of it somewhere...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Feinstein proposed a bill that the Dems supported. Of course because of partisan bull# the Republicans wouldn't back it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I'm going to have to ask you to step away from the pipe.

See, there are these things called "laws". They exist because at some point, someone did something wrong, and it happened enough that we needed to be able to stop if from happening. You can't just hit your neighbor over the head with a hammer and take his stuff. that's "illegal". So is entering a country without permission. If you don't believe me, try entering into Mexico or Canada without permission.

If any of that is unclear, just holler.

Some of the people in these camps have been American citizens who couldn't prove their citizenship on the spot. Others have been asylum seekers who were going through the proper legal channels.

ICE does not care, they are literally rounding up any brown people they see. That's how you get to 12,000 children in prisons.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

So they are awaiting mass execution are they? who knew.....

See that word "sometimes"? Using camp residents for slave labor or executions is not a requirement for a concentration camp. What is a requirement is that you forcibly abduct specific groups and hold them against their will.

are our jails concentration camps?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I recall hearing secretary Neilson saying that something like 10,000 of the 12,000 children in these centers were without parents, meaning they were being trafficked. Now, because of the bellyachers in the media and their parrots, these children will be detained along with the people trafficking them. Is this the case?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Didn't he say two days ago it can't be fixed by executive order?
Lol
Courage of his convictions.
Pressure.
He caved.
He's weak.
Lol
No I'm glad really. I am. These children should never have been subjected to this abuse.

Technically speaking Trump's EO could be thrown out by the Supreme Court. Notice that in the EO he is calling for a change in a Supreme Court decision.

However with all the public outcry I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to challege this EO. Not even the Supreme Court.

Anyone who challenges the EO will be prosecuted in the court of public opinion. Anyone who challenges this EO will prove it was always about partisan politics and never about the children.

Trump heard the American people and gave them what they asked for. I can't remember a president ever responding to the public this quickly and succinctly.

edit on 20-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
What should be discussed here isn't tit-for-tat, but why didn't Congress try and stop/fix this loophole? Trump can be vilified/Hero worshiped all people want, but in the end why hasn't Congress taken any action about this or any of the other issues that have popped up and had to EO'ed to stopgap a fix on. Instead what we end up with is a bunch of political pandering over a known issue, with no solutions being handed out, but instead just name calling and head bunting.

Congress did. The Democrats have put forward a "clean" bill to solve this. Which means a bill that deals with this and only this issue. It is supported by all 49 Democrats in the Senate. All 51 Republicans oppose it, and therefore it is not going up for a vote. They will only support ending concentration camps if they can add pork barrel spending to it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Feinstein proposed a bill that the Dems supported. Of course because of partisan bull# the Republicans wouldn't back it.

I'm not doubting you, but I would like to read that proposed bill. Have a link?

Either way what you said is the problem, neither side is willing to sit down and talk to the other about finding a solution. They both (for the most part) have taken the my way or the highway mindset, instead of compromise a solution.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm sure you have proof of this.

What's that? Oh, you're just parroting what CNN told you to, got it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Tow that company line Foxy.
Don't burden yourself with an original thought.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Which is why Congress has to pass a new law.

😃😃

Yes, I addressed that. Separating families is not legal. Holding them cannot be done on a long term basis.

Maybe the real problem is zero tolerance? I've said this in regards to zero tolerance on many other issues in the past, but I have zero tolerance for zero tolerance. Zero tolerance is the easy way out, it lets you ignore all mitigating circumstance. It removes reason and thought from the process. Zero tolerance is never an effective policy.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

They will only approve a bill that gives the DHS and Border Patrol the security that they want.

Why would the American people want to go against the brave men and women who protect our border and are in favor of a wall in strategic locations?

Only partician politics would deprive our men and women the tools they are requesting to protect our nation from drug and human trafficking.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't burden yourself with an original thought.

Wow, the irony here....

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I recall hearing secretary Neilson saying that something like 10,000 of the 12,000 children in these centers were without parents, meaning they were being trafficked.
Meaning very many came on their own.

Is this the case?
You could always read the EO.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

edit on 6.20.2018 by SituationNAFU because: your posting system sucks

link   

are our jails concentration camps?

Jails are for everyone, these camps are for latinos. If you don't accept that, then let me give you a statistic.

www.theatlantic.com...

If Asians are the group most crossing the border these days, then why are there only latinos in these camps?

link   
a reply to: Phage

Meaning very many came on their own.

"Very many" of those 10,000 children were travelling on their own?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join