It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chris Pratt Speech- "God Is Real"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
a reply to: DISRAELI

I do. The easter bunny hops around and leaves candy filled eggs. The easter RABBIT sounds like he drives a volvo around giving people financial advice.

kind of sounds like the holiday armadillo

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Lol. easter RABBIT.

You think he should have said "Bunny"? You are not aware that "bunny" is just a nickname applied to rabbits?

I think he was getting a chuckle out of the notion of a rabbit (or bunny) actually having something to do with Easter. But hey the kids have fun so it's all good.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The easter RABBIT sounds like he drives a volvo around giving people financial advice.

I take it you refer to some TV advert. People outside your area would not make that connection.

Elsewhere, "Bunny" means a confused cartoon animal who can't make up his mind whether he is a rabbit (living a communal life under ground) or a hare (living a solitary life above ground).

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The easter RABBIT sounds like he drives a volvo around giving people financial advice.

I take it you refer to some TV advert. People outside your area would not make that connection.

Elsewhere, "Bunny" means a confused cartoon animal who can't make up his mind whether he is a rabbit (living a communal life under ground) or a hare (living a solitary life above ground).

Guess it depends on what season it is....

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Any lagomorph that goes around passing out plastic shelled confectionery to celebrate the salvation of human souls, would have to be confused. Im sure that whole rabbit/hare crisis played some part in it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Lol. easter RABBIT.

You think he should have said "Bunny"? You are not aware that "bunny" is just a nickname applied to rabbits?

I think he was getting a chuckle out of the notion of a rabbit (or bunny) actually having something to do with Easter. But hey the kids have fun so it's all good.

The connection is well established. South Park went over this. The first pope was a rabbit.
The truth is out there folks.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
you follow a magic man with a magic book

Is this really what you think of everybody who believes in God? Or are you talking about Jesus specifically?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: TinySickTears
you follow a magic man with a magic book

Is this really what you think of everybody who believes in God? Or are you talking about Jesus specifically?

im talking about most of them

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: 3n19m470

1. There is a god
2. You have a soul

Can you demonstrate the validity of either of these claims?

Is/Are life on this planet the only life out there in the universe?
- Yes? Demonstrate
- No? Demonstrate

When someone says YES, most scientist will turn their heads sideways and look at you perplexed.

Yet... They've been unable to 'demonstrate' otherwise.

Haven't we've gotten to a point where "Prove It" is a cop out from broadening one's mind and trying to find a real truth? A few thousand years ago, players were on completely different sides of the fence and the way we got through that was... opening one's mind. And for that, today we have Science! So why just take that and close your mind to other possibilities now?

Once upon a time:

"There is ONLY God!... Burn anyone who believes otherwise"!

Today:

"There is ONLY Science!... Belittle anyone who believes otherwise"!

Oh my! How far we have fallen from that tree.
You are talking about The difference between a possibility and probability. If you hold the world view that anything is possible, That is demonstrably untrue. If you want to talk about the probability of certain things, then you need to add up all of the evidence and evaluate a percentage value. If we are talking about the probability that there is other life in the galaxy I would put that value very high. If we were talking about the probabilities of God’s existing in creating the universe, if I evaluate all of the available evidence, which comes to an astounding zero, I would have to put that probability very low.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No one is going to have a problem with what he's saying.

Because he isn't using his religion to be a jerk. He's being positive, inspirational and uplifting.

He's not using his religion to put anyone down or telling people they are going to hell.

If we had more religious people spreading religion with that positive message then maybe we'd have less problems in the world.

Yes.. he is being positive and inspirational, which is why I take offence to people calling him a moron for speaking about God.
And then, instead of you being positive and inspirational, you tell another member here how sad it is for their kid.

If only christians had some kind of moral example to follow. Maybe someone like Chris Pratt.

I think it is sad... that he called Chris a moron just for believing in God... it’s a terrible example of how to be a good “athiest” for your child. So don’t get on me for addressing his rudeness by implying that I’m not a good Christian for doing so. I’m not a perfect Christian, just like Chris Pratt said... but I do have grace from Jesus.
Well, you should try using it instead of belittling people. If that is the grace that you get from jesus, i’ll have none of it.

I wasn’t belittling... merely pointing out my opinion . If TST can have opinions that are belittling, I’m sure I’m entitled to a concerned opinion.
you are entitled to say whatever you want. In fact I promote honest speech as much as possible. It lets me know how you think. And now we know that when you are offended by others opinions, You will Likely shame them and attack their children. And that seems like an important thing to know about a person.
edit on 21-6-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Omg he talked about god at a stupid award show. Who cares? It was annoying bs like most anything else at these award shows.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Because he isn't using his religion to be a jerk. He's being positive, inspirational and uplifting.

He's not using his religion to put anyone down or telling people they are going to hell.

If we had more religious people spreading religion with that positive message then maybe we'd have less problems in the world.

Yes.. he is being positive and inspirational, which is why I take offence to people calling him a moron for speaking about God.
And then, instead of you being positive and inspirational, you tell another member here how sad it is for their kid.

If only christians had some kind of moral example to follow. Maybe someone like Chris Pratt.

I think it is sad... that he called Chris a moron just for believing in God... it’s a terrible example of how to be a good “athiest” for your child. So don’t get on me for addressing his rudeness by implying that I’m not a good Christian for doing so. I’m not a perfect Christian, just like Chris Pratt said... but I do have grace from Jesus.
Well, you should try using it instead of belittling people. If that is the grace that you get from jesus, i’ll have none of it.

I wasn’t belittling... merely pointing out my opinion . If TST can have opinions that are belittling, I’m sure I’m entitled to a concerned opinion.
you are entitled to say whatever you want. In fact I promote honest speech as much as possible. It lets me know how you think. And now we know that when you are offended by others opinions, You will Likely shame them and attack their children. And that seems like an important thing to know about a person.

First off I wasn’t attacking his child.. I was voicing a sadness and concern on how it was being raised. Her father sees fit to call someone like Chris Pratt and the majority of Christians morons for believing in a “fake” God, yet is quite self righteous about feeding her fake stories of Santa and the Easter bunny as if they are real , until she is mature enough to be told those were actually fake. made up stories.

Do you not see the hypocrisy ? Don’t twist the meanings and reasoning behind my words .

Chris Pratt had a lovely message that I think way more children nowadays should pay heed to. It is balm for the soul, and children need to believe they are loved by their creator and have grace. It’s a message that brings hope even to children and is not in the least “moronic”.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

children need to believe they are loved by their creator and have grace. It’s a message that brings hope even to children and is not in the least “moronic”.

bull#

children need to know that whole magic story is garbage and to stay away from people like you that feel bad for them when that magic is not in their life.
that is what they need.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Good for him for recognizing that God is real. And for confessing it. You don't have to be smart to know that we came from an intelligent designer. In fact you have to be inculcated otherwise. For example little children by nature know there is a God. It takes indoctrination from this wicked world to get them to disbelieve in him.

And one could nitpick his small speech he said many wrong things. Such as "you have a soul." When you ARE a soul. That is a living being. Or that God designed us with imperfection. That came from sin, not from God's design. But we understand his heart. We all have a lot to learn.

Here is another good speech by a very famous actor. He was in Iron Man. And many other movies. His name is Terrence Howard. Most here have probably not heard the interview. It was done on radio, NPR, so no video:

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
He’s such a nice dude. As long as you don’t use your faith, or anti-faith, to be an ass then everything’s peachy. No one’s gonna lose any fans over that.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You can listen to a person for 12 hours a day for a month and you would still not know "how" a person thinks. You would only know their current outlook and only what they want you to think you know about their outlook. I wouldn't for once think or believe that a person is simply black and white. There are quite a few greys that alter those black and white choices at any moments notice based on surroundings, words, thoughts and so many other factors.

I think a few people are overly concerned about something trivial. From the perspective of a Christian would be similar to any concerned parent. Example....

Bob does not want to vaccinate his child.

Mary feels sorry for the child because of what that child might endure.

Sally and Bob thinks Mary should keep her nose out of their business because they don't believe in vaccinations.

Mary doesn't care because the concern isn't for them but for their child that will have to live life with the 'possibility' that he/she may contract a deadly infection that could of been avoided with minimal effort.

-------------------------------------

From the heart of a Christian, there is concern and love for all (a true Christian). For a Christian, God is as real as the air outside. You can breathe it but you can't see it. God is as real as the sun to the blind. You can feel it's warmth even though you can't see it.

From the heart of a true Christian, or ANY person who has a heart, it doesn't matter if someone else doesn't belong to you, you care for them, fear for them and look after them and most of all, give to them as you would your own children, mother, father, brother, sister.

I believe Christians understand this better than most. The only time a Christian would say "Don't you worry about my child and how I raise them" is if someone was trying to inflict harm or take away from the love and happiness they provide their children.

To a Christian, the absence of God is like denying a child food or water. To an atheist, the absence of God doesn't mean anything. Perhaps one doesn't feel empty inside if they never had anything to fill that void in the first place. To Christians, that empty void is louder, more hollow, more painful, more incomplete than anything. It makes life meaningless.

It's sad to see that some would take offence that another would actually care for their child even though there is no physical or verbal or any kind of contact at all with that child. A thought can't hurt a person, only actions. A feeling can't harm another, only actions. So what's the big deal? There was no attack here.

I as well feel bad for the child. To me, the child will not know (through her family) that relationship with something good and real. One can counter "real" all day but again, you wont see the sun unless you come out of the shadows to bask in it's warmth. I will say this in all belief... One day that child will have the choice to know God and will act on her own choices. God will not allow anyone to be denied.

Still.... To be a fly on the wall throughout her life only to enjoy a sick twisted smile due to the irony should that child become a very strong Christian in her lifetime. Oh to see the father's face then.

It's funny... Some people will even have their children attend church even through they don't believe themselves. I've heard it said that it helps with the child's upbringing in making the right choices... God or no God. The children will have their own choices to make to continue and or believe for their own free will some day.

I will never understand why some parents would take issue with God but they're totally ok making their children believe in the Easter bunny or Santa. That's just stupid and shows "how that person thinks". lol

edit on 22-6-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join