It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chris Pratt Speech- "God Is Real"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Absolutely raising her without God. Also to stay away from peoe that like to proclaim him as real. We don't need those types in our life.

No... it would be much better for her to idolize Spiderman, Batman and all of the other fake superheroes. 🙄 Now run to the store and get her some new Spiderman shoes... they’re magic you know 😆

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

.... it would be much better for her to idolize Spiderman, Batman and all of the other fake superheroes.

hang the # on.
What are you implying?!!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No one is going to have a problem with what he's saying.

Because he isn't using his religion to be a jerk. He's being positive, inspirational and uplifting.

He's not using his religion to put anyone down or telling people they are going to hell.

If we had more religious people spreading religion with that positive message then maybe we'd have less problems in the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Because he isn't using his religion to be a jerk. He's being positive, inspirational and uplifting.

He's not using his religion to put anyone down or telling people they are going to hell.

If we had more religious people spreading religion with that positive message then maybe we'd have less problems in the world.

Yes.. he is being positive and inspirational, which is why I take offence to people calling him a moron for speaking about God.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't fault him but that end part.. about don't you ever forget it.. Did you hear the implied threat? He was right to say grace is everywhere but you don't have to believe that cross did anything. That wasn't the pain inflicted that satisfied god at all. In fact, the thought that he did or that that was even needed is the Abomination of Desolation and the reason that religion is so divided and at each others throat.
No, the pain and punishment on Jesus is that he's been reincarnating along with us, suffering with us. It pleased both God and david to go through the diaspora among his peeps

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Its an opinion
He thinks God is real
I think he is an idiot

That's allowed

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Ok so he is a moron.
Got it

Wow... who’s really the moron ? What is wrong with saying God is real ? I guess you’re raising your daughter without faith in God or His grace. How truly sad for her.

He is the moron.
What's wrong is God is not real. It's a story about magic and I don't believe in magic.

Absolutely aising her without God. Also to stay away from peoe that like to proclaim him as real. We don't need those types in our life.

Like I said... how truly sad for her.

How sad for you that you want everyone to need the same imaginary crutches that you like.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes.. he is being positive and inspirational, which is why I take offence to people calling him a moron for speaking about God.
And then, instead of you being positive and inspirational, you tell another member here how sad it is for their kid.

If only christians had some kind of moral example to follow. Maybe someone like Chris Pratt.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Well, you say that, but Tom Cruise still has a career, and that guy has been involved with an alien cult for quite some time now. There was also that horror show with Katy Holmes...

Compared to that enormous clusterbang, Chris Pratt being honest about how he feels is pretty much nothing with a side order of an absence of something.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Ok so he is a moron.
Got it

Wow... who’s really the moron ? What is wrong with saying God is real ? I guess you’re raising your daughter without faith in God or His grace. How truly sad for her.

He is the moron.
What's wrong is God is not real. It's a story about magic and I don't believe in magic.

Absolutely aising her without God. Also to stay away from peoe that like to proclaim him as real. We don't need those types in our life.

Like I said... how truly sad for her.

How sad for you that you want everyone to need the same imaginary crutches that you like.

Funny how that works isn't it?
Gotta bring the kid into it and start talking #

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: norhoc

Well, you say that, but Tom Cruise still has a career, and that guy has been involved with an alien cult for quite some time now. There was also that horror show with Katy Holmes...

Compared to that enormous clusterbang, Chris Pratt being honest about how he feels is pretty much nothing with a side order of an absence of something.

But aliens are more tolerable these days. Some 10+ years ago, people would think you're crazy if you told them you believed in aliens. Now they think you're crazy if you believe in God.

Ahhh... Oh how the roles have changed

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Faith is a gift some weren't given.

I'm ok with that.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here's the unedited version minus the dramatic background music. Still inspirational but more lighthearted and goofy. No need to chop out the funny bits. He seems like a pretty decent dude.

edit on 6 20 2018 by underpass61 because: fixed link

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

I'm ok with that.

Too bad everyone does not feel as you do.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ok so he is a moron.
Got it

That's how you decide who is and is not a moron? Seriously?

Ok so you're an imbecile. Got it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

Its an opinion
He thinks God is real
I think he is an idiot

That's allowed

Yeah but who would want to associate with someone so closed minded, who would consider the opinions of such a person to be valuable? I know if I start believing in God, and admit it to you, your opinion of me will be that I am a moron. If you have kids or spend time around kids, think about the implications of a child that is afraid to tell you the truth, because of your unabashed intolerance which you wear like a badge of pride.

Yes opinions are allowed, but we know you are just being a contrarian edgelord here and you would never call Einstein a moron, so you're really just being disingenuous and "creating an image" of yourself that isn't real...

So now that we all know this has been an act, What is it that is Really upsetting you, ATS Member TinySickTears? I'm here, and I am listening...
edit on 6/20/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'm ok with that.

Is it given, or is it something that cannot be reduced to reason?

Maybe some of our ‘better angels’ can prevai and members stop with the moron/imbecile/name-calling back-and-forth*?

*Not directed at you...a call to all the posting members.

edit on 20-6-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: asterisk

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

And then, instead of you being positive and inspirational, you tell another member here how sad it is for their kid.

If only christians had some kind of moral example to follow. Maybe someone like Chris Pratt.

I think it is sad... that he called Chris a moron just for believing in God... it’s a terrible example of how to be a good “athiest” for your child. So don’t get on me for addressing his rudeness by implying that I’m not a good Christian for doing so. I’m not a perfect Christian, just like Chris Pratt said... but I do have grace from Jesus.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Thank you and good point

I wondered why it jumped around. I was starting to wonder if this was spliced from 2 seperate events lol, of course my belief in a god explains this as it makes me an automatic moron (according to Some, apparently
...) so, it's all good 🍻
edit on 6/20/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm ok with that.

Too bad everyone does not feel as you do.

Yes, everyone is attacking you because of your lack of faith... is that what you are insinuating here with this post? That people are "not okay with" your lack of faith? And it has nothing to do with your childish insult?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join