It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chris Pratt Speech- "God Is Real"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Sheye

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Ok so he is a moron.
Got it

Wow... who’s really the moron ? What is wrong with saying God is real ? I guess you’re raising your daughter without faith in God or His grace. How truly sad for her.

He is the moron.
What's wrong is God is not real. It's a story about magic and I don't believe in magic.

Absolutely raising her without God. Also to stay away from peoe that like to proclaim him as real. We don't need those types in our life.

What in the name of Abraham are you talking about?? Why does god need an accompanying story?

"proclaim him as real" ?? What?! Who said it had to be a him?

Can't the world just be such an incredible place full of so many amazingly impossible "coincidences", that you believe there must be Something out there, guiding things, and God is a fitting label for it?

It sounds like you are replying to a different thread, with a different video of Chris Pratt, where he is specifically talking about a certain god of a certain religion. It's pretty clear he was intentionally being ambiguous so as to respect all spiritual beliefs.
1. There is a god
2. You have a soul
Most people agree on these in some form. He never mentioned Jesus or Moses or Mohommed. But, like some weird dog whistle or a moth to a lamp, here you come charging in to specifically denounce the Abrahamic Religions... intentionally trying to start sh# with people. Yeah, real mature.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ok so he is a moron.
Got it

Wow... who’s really the moron ? What is wrong with saying God is real ? I guess you’re raising your daughter without faith in God or His grace. How truly sad for her.

He is the moron.
What's wrong is God is not real. It's a story about magic and I don't believe in magic.

Absolutely raising her without God. Also to stay away from peoe that like to proclaim him as real. We don't need those types in our life.

Does Santa and the Easter Bunny get a free pass or do you keep your child away from those wacko cult people too?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: grey580

No one is going to have a problem with what he's saying.

Because he isn't using his religion to be a jerk. He's being positive, inspirational and uplifting.

He's not using his religion to put anyone down or telling people they are going to hell.

If we had more religious people spreading religion with that positive message then maybe we'd have less problems in the world.

Yes.. he is being positive and inspirational, which is why I take offence to people calling him a moron for speaking about God.
And then, instead of you being positive and inspirational, you tell another member here how sad it is for their kid.

If only christians had some kind of moral example to follow. Maybe someone like Chris Pratt.

I think it is sad... that he called Chris a moron just for believing in God... it’s a terrible example of how to be a good “athiest” for your child. So don’t get on me for addressing his rudeness by implying that I’m not a good Christian for doing so. I’m not a perfect Christian, just like Chris Pratt said... but I do have grace from Jesus.
Well, you should try using it instead of belittling people. If that is the grace that you get from jesus, i’ll have none of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Oh they get a pass
Anything else?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

1. There is a god
2. You have a soul

Can you demonstrate the validity of either of these claims?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

No one is going to have a problem with what he's saying.

Because he isn't using his religion to be a jerk. He's being positive, inspirational and uplifting.

He's not using his religion to put anyone down or telling people they are going to hell.

If we had more religious people spreading religion with that positive message then maybe we'd have less problems in the world.

Yes.. he is being positive and inspirational, which is why I take offence to people calling him a moron for speaking about God.
And then, instead of you being positive and inspirational, you tell another member here how sad it is for their kid.

If only christians had some kind of moral example to follow. Maybe someone like Chris Pratt.

I think it is sad... that he called Chris a moron just for believing in God... it’s a terrible example of how to be a good “athiest” for your child. So don’t get on me for addressing his rudeness by implying that I’m not a good Christian for doing so. I’m not a perfect Christian, just like Chris Pratt said... but I do have grace from Jesus.
Well, you should try using it instead of belittling people. If that is the grace that you get from jesus, i’ll have none of it.

I wasn’t belittling... merely pointing out my opinion . If TST can have opinions that are belittling, I’m sure I’m entitled to a concerned opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Oh they get a pass
Anything else?

Can’t you see the absurdity and confusion you may cause for your child ? God is fake but the Easter Rabbit and Santa is real ? I bet you celebrate Christmas as well...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470
I don't know for sure, but I'm fairly certain alien life exists. Does that make me a moron in the eyes of an atheist? I also believe in God. It's funny that these days believing in a higher power gets you more grief than believing in aliens.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Oh they get a pass
Anything else?

Can’t you see the absurdity and confusion you may cause for your child ? God is fake but the Easter Rabbit and Santa is real ? I bet you celebrate Christmas as well...

No I can't and honestly why are you so worried about it. She is 6 so she is quickly approaching the age of disclosure on the Santa issue.
God though???
Never
Why would I do that to her? Look at your snarky little attitude about feeling bad for how I raise my kid.
It's none of your business and people like you are the reason my family stays far away from that magic bull#.

Anything else?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Why would I do that to her? Look at your snarky little attitude about feeling bad for how I raise my kid. It's none of your business and people like you are the reason my family stays far away from that magic bull#.

And your snarky attitude doesn’t matter becsuse you have no faith in God ? You are allowed to be snarky about Chris, but God forbid anyone calls you on it who is Christian. What business is it of yours what Chris says ?

edit on 20-6-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

So you must stick up for him?
You have to make comments about feeling bad for my daughter?

Reality is you don't. You got all pissy cause I said God is fake.
Just admit it

But yeah you really seem to be a caring and accepting person. As soon as someone gives an opinion you have to go on the offensive and point out the faults in my parenting.

edit on 20-6-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have a right to my opinions as well.
Did you not go on the offensive when Chris gave his opinion? Don’t be a hypocrite!

Bye.. done discussing this topic with you.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

That you do
Keep up that acceptance and understanding though. Good work thus far

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

1. There is a god
2. You have a soul

Can you demonstrate the validity of either of these claims?

Is/Are life on this planet the only life out there in the universe?
- Yes? Demonstrate
- No? Demonstrate

When someone says YES, most scientist will turn their heads sideways and look at you perplexed.

Yet... They've been unable to 'demonstrate' otherwise.

Haven't we've gotten to a point where "Prove It" is a cop out from broadening one's mind and trying to find a real truth? A few thousand years ago, players were on completely different sides of the fence and the way we got through that was... opening one's mind. And for that, today we have Science! So why just take that and close your mind to other possibilities now?

Once upon a time:

"There is ONLY God!... Burn anyone who believes otherwise"!

Today:

"There is ONLY Science!... Belittle anyone who believes otherwise"!

Oh my! How far we have fallen from that tree.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

He never mentioned Jesus or Moses or Mohommed.

To be totally fair, Chris actually does slyly throw it to Jesus at the end when he said:

"Grace is a gift, and like the freedom we enjoy in this country that grace was paid for with someone else's blood. Do not forget it."

Still, it's his belief (mine too being Catholic) and I'm fine with him expressing it. I wouldn't have a problem with a Jew, Muslim, etc. or atheist saying what they believe. It's pretty much what our country was founded on.
edit on 6 20 2018 by underpass61 because: formatting

edit on 6 20 2018 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That you do

I find it amazing how athiests can say and do whatever they please, yet hold such a high standard of behaviour for Christians. We are human and we are not doormats for those who call us morons. You started this TST with your snarky rude comment... and now you want to shift the blame on me for standing up for my opinions.. pffft 🙄

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

That you do

I find it amazing how athiests can say and do whatever they please, yet hold such a high standard of behaviour for Christians. We are human and we are not doormats for those who call us morons. You started this TST with your snarky rude comment... and now you want to shift the blame on me for standing up for my opinions.. pffft 🙄

difference is i know i am an asshole
difference is i was not saying anything to you or about you. i made a comment about a magic man you didnt like so you got pissy and decided to go on the offensive and bring up feeling sorry for my daughter.

that is the difference.

its all good though. i would expect nothing less than that kind of # from people like you.
you follow a magic man with a magic book and cast judgement as soon as someone has an opinion that goes against what you believe. like 99% of the other religious nutters out there. go figure huh?

and i thought you were done? so be done

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Oh they get a pass
Anything else?

Lol. easter RABBIT.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
Lol. easter RABBIT.

You think he should have said "Bunny"? You are not aware that "bunny" is just a nickname applied to rabbits?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I do. The easter bunny hops around and leaves candy filled eggs. The easter RABBIT sounds like he drives a volvo around giving people financial advice.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join