It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump directing Pentagon to set up "Space Force" as a "separate but equal" branch of the military

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I do applaud Trump's desire to really move towards keeping space exploration in the forefront. Still, not sure we need a "space force." Seems like he wants to put his personal stamp on the movement for future generations to swoon over when his name comes up as the founder. My favorite comment about this was from Mark Kelly, retired astronaut and Air Force pilot

"This is a dumb idea. The Air Force does this already. That is their job. What's next, we move submarines to the 7th branch and call it the 'under-the-sea force?'"

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Who are we at war with on the moon? In space?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Your people.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Your people.

What do you mean?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I just assume Silly is from the moon or mars or somewhere equally foreign.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Who are we at war with on the moon? In space?

Now, no one, but as a halfassed futurist, I'd say, The Chinese and Russians alliance will grow in power and become a global threat.

I don't see how the US economy can support a "space patrol" and a wall army at the same time, unless it's given over to a corporate cabal.
edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The Air Force sent out a letter basically saying "We're going to slow roll the hell out of this directive".

I'm shocked, I say.

Shocked.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Phage

Do you think it should be a military base?

No, staff it with Halliburton and KBR like we do all the wars.

War is a business, why should this be any different? Put it up for public investment, place it on the DOW and NASDAQ..free enterprise, Capitalism in action!!!

Because this initiative and proposed separate military branch has nothing to do with war. But it is a massive undertaking that will cost a few bucks to pull off.

Unless it's the war against large pieces of space debris that may come crashing down in the middle of someone's backyard BBQ.

It's difficult to wage war against gravity and deteriorating orbits.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Phage

Do you think it should be a military base?

No, staff it with Halliburton and KBR like we do all the wars.

War is a business, why should this be any different? Put it up for public investment, place it on the DOW and NASDAQ..free enterprise, Capitalism in action!!!

Because this initiative and proposed separate military branch has nothing to do with war. But it is a massive undertaking that will cost a few bucks to pull off.

Unless it's the war against large pieces of space debris that may come crashing down in the middle of someone's backyard BBQ.

It's difficult to wage war against gravity and deteriorating orbits.

Aren't most most waste and recycling services private enterprises. Turning a military operation into a garbage collecting service seems a bit demeaning.

This is interesting....

americanmilitarynews.com...
edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Who said anything about a space patrol? This is a consolidation of organizations, all earth based.

They might do some cleanup, but the far larger part of their mission is using the existing equipment to do the existing mission.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I love the Space Force more and more every hour. It's amazing how many people (including active duty people) have gone from "Create the Space Force" to "We're putting troops in orbit".

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is one of the few making the rounds today that can be reposted here without either having to explain it, or causing massive offense to someone.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Demeaning?? try being a bilge rat

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Does anyone perhaps think this is Trump's move to get us out ahead of the possible Alien Invasion False Flag... It's just a theory, but this could very well perhaps be his attempt to eliminate the total control that the cabal has on the space frontier and the information we know about the universe. I find it hard to reason why we need a space force so urgently... Isn't it within 8 years he said this should happen?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackhawk0044

He's pushing it, because if he doesn't it won't happen. Eight years would allow him to be president for much of that. Otherwise the next president will kill it, while the Pentagon slow rolls it, and it won't happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I just don't see why it benefit's Trump at all... If anything, he's open to more attacks over this than he was before. I think it's undeniable this will be one of the main Democrat talking points during 2020. And it really does reek of wasteful spending, which divides his base on what he ran on. I think this might be another master move by Trump to prevent the power player's plans before they can go into effect so if anything, we at least have some means of discernment if the Alien invasion false flag was to happen. I'm sure it's a stretch, but they planned for that with Bluebeam and other projects for decades, not to mention the Government is ALWAYS, AT THE VERY LEAST 50 year's ahead of the technology we have available to us. Maybe this is really in preparation for something people aren't seeing yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The government is nowhere near 50 years ahead of us. They're at BEST 5-10 in some fields, but even that's a stretch.

It benefits Trump because it leaves him a legacy. How many presidents go through their terms without doing anything particularly memorable. This, in theory, puts him on the level of Reagan.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Idk, maybe to the masses that's what they'd have us believe. But I firmly believe the off the books project's are where the real advancement's are made. Have you ever heard of "Solar Warden," we very well may have had this "Space Force" the entire time...
Even Reagan mentioned this in his public diaries

The entry for Tuesday, June 11, 1985 (page 334) reads: “Lunch with 5 top space scientist. It was fascinating. Space truly is the last frontier and some of the developments there in astronomy etc. are like science fiction, except they are real. I learned that our shuttle capacity is such that we could orbit 300 people. This is curious since the Space Shuttle holds a maximum of eight people and only five were built for space flight. Even if all five took off fully loaded it would be impossible to place and maintain 300 astronauts in orbit.”

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have many friends that spent years working on all kinds of SAPs. They don't have off the books programs. They have classified programs, and programs that they bury through other organizations, but they're all on the books. Every one of the people that I've known in those fields laughed at the idea of the government being 50 years ahead. Some of them would have killed someone just for the ability to use an off the shelf computer programming language, instead of what the Pentagon has been using.

Yes I know about Solar Warden. I still laugh about the fact that he was the greatest hacker ever, with mad skills, but couldn't even screen shot anything he claimed to have seen.

As for the Reagan comment:

Already in 1979, a manned Space Shuttle was proposed in [DURST79], with a cabin module designed to offer a seat capacity for 74 passengers (fig. 6). The costs for this design were calculated in 1997 to be $3.6 million per passenger, assuming a launch rate of 12 flights per year [KOELLE97].

www.spacefuture.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I want to take a moment and tell you, that really is good point you bring up. And I absolutely agree that A LOT of aspect's of the government is highly inefficient, and resource intensive for no reason besides just to spend that extra money lining the Military-Industrial Complex's even fatter. That seems like the perfect type of wasteful spending you would want to redirect funds to other program's...
I would like to say though. That there is undeniably, at this point proof of the means in which they fund these program's by trafficking in the drugs, like coc aine. As they were caught doing in the 70's through Mena, Arkansas with Bill Clinton as Governor during that time funneling it out to their network of operatives, they were hard at work building even back then. As well as the CIA's involvement in Child Sex Trafficking, as evidenced by the Franklin Scandal. None of this is put on the books, maybe laundered through various front's. But the CIA is the "MOST FUNDED ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD" if that unprecedented level of funding still isn't enough to satiate the CIA's spending habit's to where they have to turn to such despicable criminal behavior as they have been caught wrapped up in time and time again... Black-Budget Project's have serious money being funneled into it. To quote Independence Day
, "You don't really think they spend a hundred thousand dollars on a toilet seat do you?"

And not only that, the writing of Reagan seems to suggest that even in 1985, none of those "proposal" shuttles were ever put into any real commission beyond being conceptual for a possible shuttle that will be to come. He seems to be completely unaware of how we have that capability at that time with the fleet we had available.

Either way, you must admit. It is quite interesting Reagan's response

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join