It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump directing Pentagon to set up "Space Force" as a "separate but equal" branch of the military

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think if "time" is of the essence for this project, it should be turned completely over to private enterprise.
Government bureaucracies always do things halfassed and take forever. We should already have a moon base in operation by now.
Trumps a business man he should understand this.

How long has it been....1972 was a long time ago.
edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do you think it should be a military base?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Which sort of gets around the whole "military service" thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do you think it should be a military base?

No, staff it with Halliburton and KBR like we do all the wars.

War is a business, why should this be any different? Put it up for public investment, place it on the DOW and NASDAQ..free enterprise, Capitalism in action!!!
edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: oralje brenda

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yeah, because all those troops that have been fighting and enlisted in the military were really hired by Haliburton and KBR instead, and were just fooled into thinking they were in the military.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yeah, because all those troops that have been fighting and enlisted in the military were really hired by Haliburton and KBR instead, and were just fooled into thinking they were in the military.

I'm just voicing alternatives. I don't think it will ever get beyond the area development planning stages or management structure.

It's been 46 years since Apollo... We should be on the moon and launching to the outer planets.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You don't think the military and everyone associated with it are ultimately there to protect the interests of American investors and corporations? The American "way of life," as it were?

Nobody is fighting for the glory of God and King anymore.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That doesn't change the fact that the military is not a business, and a business isn't a military service.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And businesses aren't military services.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And businesses aren't military services.

I know I was in the military and saw how the COC works; Very inefficient compared to corporate structure.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

And a new service consolidating things would help with that some.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And a new service consolidating things would help with that some.

It would still be under pentagon control. There's your problem....political corruption. It's a fact of life when big money is involved and that's not about to change. It's institutionalized and you know it!! Contracts, kickbacks and greed....business American style.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

That doesn't change the fact that the military is not a business, and a business isn't a military service.

It really depends on who you think its customers are.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Kind of making a funny, but also an important question;
Is the Space Force going to be having their own Boot Camp like the other 5 branches, or are they going to pull in people from the private and public sectors like NASA?

I know it sounds silly, but if it is a separate but equal branch of service it does need to be answered. I know that if I was in Highschool looking to join a branch of service, Space Force would seem tempting. On the other hand if it's going to require two PhDs to just get in the door (NASA) then maybe not.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I know I was in the military and saw how the COC works; Very inefficient compared to corporate structure.

If it didn't have the taxpayers propping it up, it would have failed a long time ago. It's not trying to sell a product, but rather a concept, so it's not as focused on the bottom line. It can't exactly turn a profit. But its primary goal -- the goal of the huge corporations feeding into and out of it -- is to convince lawmakers to expand its budget in order to maintain "security" and "liberty," which are intangibles.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

You can't compare the military to a business. A business exists to turn a profit, the military doesn't. I get it, the military is evil and needs to go away so we can all live in peace and harmony, but it's not a business, and trying to compare it to one doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Kind of making a funny, but also an important question;
Is the Space Force going to be having their own Boot Camp like the other 5 branches, or are they going to pull in people from the private and public sectors like NASA?

You'd pull initially from the NRO and Space Command, and the dozens of other service commands with a space mission. After that they'd probably run their own camps. No real need for an academy. Certainly not immediately.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's worked for 30 years. A little more footdragging won't be out of character.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I get it, the military is evil and needs to go away so we can all live in peace and harmony, but it's not a business, and trying to compare it to one doesn't work.

That's not what I'm saying at all, but thanks for the skew. I think the military, like any good security company, is a necessary component of any nation, and has been since the beginning of recorded history. It doesn't turn an ordinary profit, but judges its success by the continuation of the nation that created it and the intangible feeling of safety held by its citizens. Money goes in, money comes out. It's more like a psychiatrist's office. It sells peace of mind, but it is still run like a business.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I wonder at that language of separate but equal.
You know how he always adopts the ideas of those he's spoken to recently?
Who has been speaking to him about "separate but equal" which is usually applied to the branches of government not branches of the mi!itary.
Someone training him in civics and the rules of govetnment? Someone have to tell him you can't because of separate but equal branches of government?
Someone explaining how things in the judicial branch works and why he can't just mandate things like a king?
Someone explaining to him how much trouble he is in?
edit on 6202018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join