It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump directing Pentagon to set up "Space Force" as a "separate but equal" branch of the military

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
These are the kind of conversations I've been coming here for years for, I usually just lurk in the background reading it all very rarely commenting. But I'm happy to be out from the shadow's to be discussing this with you! Thanks for a quality conversation though, Zaphod!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackhawk0044

The CIA funds through drugs and weapons, they're not the Pentagon. I've had the discussion about those $600 hammers and $1,000 toilet seats many times. It has nothing to do with funding other programs, it has everything to do with the fact that you can't go to Home Depot and buy a toilet seat and slap it into a lavatory. Everything you put on that aircraft has to be certified before it can be installed. They make a fraction of the toilet seats that are aircraft rated, which means they cost a lot more. To give an idea of the disparity, they sell on average 10 million toilets in the US annually. The Boeing 737, which is the longest running continuously produced aircraft (entered service in 1968, and is still in production) hit 10,000 airframes built this year.

Black budget programs are funded legally, through both the unclassified and classified budgets that are passed annually. The Pentagon is weird with their money. I was talking to someone many years ago, who had been working on one of those projects. He was a friend of the family, and was bitching about his program, sadly without ever saying what it was. He said they'd go to the program office, and tell them they hit a six month delay, and it was going to cost X amount to figure out. The program office wouldn't even blink. One day, an engineer had a bad day, and went to the program office. He told them he could get the software portion of the program ahead of schedule, and decrease the amount that it was costing significantly, if they'd switch to another program. The program office told him he'd have to file a budget adjustment request, justify the amount of the switch, wait while they verified that it did what it was supposed to do without affecting the other software they used, oh and by the way, they're budgeted out for this year so they'd have to wait until the following year at least....

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
This is one of the few making the rounds today that can be reposted here without either having to explain it, or causing massive offense to someone.

LMAO!!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

There were some really good ones too.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackhawk0044
a reply to: Zaphod58
I want to take a moment and tell you, that really is good point you bring up. And I absolutely agree that A LOT of aspect's of the government is highly inefficient, and resource intensive for no reason besides just to spend that extra money lining the Military-Industrial Complex's even fatter. That seems like the perfect type of wasteful spending you would want to redirect funds to other program's...
I would like to say though. That there is undeniably, at this point proof of the means in which they fund these program's by trafficking in the drugs, like coc aine. As they were caught doing in the 70's through Mena, Arkansas with Bill Clinton as Governor during that time funneling it out to their network of operatives, they were hard at work building even back then. As well as the CIA's involvement in Child Sex Trafficking, as evidenced by the Franklin Scandal. None of this is put on the books, maybe laundered through various front's. But the CIA is the "MOST FUNDED ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD" if that unprecedented level of funding still isn't enough to satiate the CIA's spending habit's to where they have to turn to such despicable criminal behavior as they have been caught wrapped up in time and time again... Black-Budget Project's have serious money being funneled into it. To quote Independence Day
, "You don't really think they spend a hundred thousand dollars on a toilet seat do you?"

And not only that, the writing of Reagan seems to suggest that even in 1985, none of those "proposal" shuttles were ever put into any real commission beyond being ptual for a possible shuttle that will be to come. He seems to be completely unaware of how we have that capability at that time with the fleet we had available.

Either way, you must admit. It is quite interesting Reagan's response

DARPA is our "collective memory".

And the CIA's real budget is probably 4x the number that gets submitted to Congress.

I have security clearances that cover a fair patch of ground but not enough to get the "official unofficial" numbers.

That's strictly NTK, and I don't...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The CIA doesn't need to know. But there's a big difference between the CIA budget and Pentagon budget.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The CIA doesn't NTK, you say? This is the world's most prominent Intelligence agency. They're the sort who pride themselves on knowing EVERYTHING they can get their grubby hand's on, and planting all of the other stories/narratives they want out there. A perfect example being the Vault 7 leaks revealing the proof's of the cyber-espionage tool's they use being let loose, and many of those program's intelligence being obtained via highly illegal method's. Nothing new with the CIA, honestly.

I think it's important to also point out the extent of the compartmentalization that happens at the CIA, supposedly not even the director has the ability to see the entirety of all program's and directive's the CIA undertakes. Now, i'm not 100% sure of the validity of this fact, obviously... And not many ex-CIA head's speak openly on the record, and truthfully on top of that, about such situations. But it rings very similarly too the government's long-established policy of plausible deniability.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

There are probably three people in the CIA that know everything going on and how big their budget really is. They're so paranoid it's not even funny. They won't talk to anyone about even fairly open things they have going on.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I think it's important to also point out the extent of the compartmentalization that happens at the CIA, supposedly not even the director has the ability to see the entirety of all program's and directive's the CIA undertakes. Now, i'm not 100% sure of the validity of this fact, obviously... And not many ex-CIA head's speak openly on the record, and truthfully on top of that, about such situations. But it rings very similarly too the government's long-established policy of plausible deniability.

Compartmentalization is the default "architecture" for all of our Intel agencies.

Partly because of the nature of the "company" business (pun semi intended) and partly because CIA - although non-military - is still a gov't "agency" (there goes that pun machine again) and all gov't agencies tend to try and gather and then hoard as much info as they can.

Share is a dirty word in those hallowed halls.

And finally, speaking of compartmentalization there is an entire class of clearances called TS/SCI which is the acronym for "Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information". The entire TS/SCI clearance level is a labyrinth all by itself.

But why should they be different?

edit on 6/22/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The CIA doesn't need to know. But there's a big difference between the CIA budget and Pentagon budget.

There goes coffee all over my keyboard again...

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Wow, now that I had no clue of! I guess that's how I assumed it worked. But thank you for sharing the specific clearances, and hierarchy form this entire process take's. It really is fascinating, seeing the scope of the system's consolidation of control over, hell, all aspect's of the military. Some worse than other's, undoubtedly.
I guess this all come's from my belief that the CIA above any other agency, worldwide. Is responsible for far more global hegemony in just it's 60 year existence(being founded largely by Paperclip Nazi's, btw. I feel that must be mentioned, for what it's worth...) time and time again they've shown the constitution to be non-existent in their thought process of what they do. I'm under the impression that the continuation of the effective control of populations through carefully fine-tooth combed propaganda and that line of research that was brought from Post-War Germany, and continued into mass implementation through Mockingbird, is far more harmful to the people in this nation than any other weapon in the entire arsenal... It really is disgusting seeing the level of ambiguity this process has taken, that it's become the modus operandi means for Mass Deception on a global level.

And i'm sorry to hear another keyboard has potentially fallen for the truth cause! A tragic day, indeed my friend.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Actually their clearance and compartmentalization system is closer to a Gordian knot than a labyrinth.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Rogers with Aviation Leak:
podcast

When President Donald Trump announced at the National Space Corps that the U.S. would pursue a Space Force, it appeared to come out of the blue. In fact, Congress has been working its way toward that very goal, and its chief supporter in the House, Rep. Michael Rogers (R-Ala.) joins Aviation Week to explain how that might unfold.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here we go again! Leaders and governments drilling patriotism for your country BS. The very thing that keeps most people in check.

Space exploration should be something we do as a species, not as bloody countries for dominance over one another!

So frustrating that so many people are completly brainwashed!

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

And if we just give up the military, everyone else will follow suit and we'll get along peacefully, right? We'll suddenly realize that we should all get along, and start to explore space peacefully.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Space exploration should be something we do as a species, not as bloody countries for dominance over one another! 

Again, if you're thinking of this in terms of putting pew pews and marines in space, you really are sort of missing the point of this reorg.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

And if we just give up the military, everyone else will follow suit and we'll get along peacefully, right? We'll suddenly realize that we should all get along, and start to explore space peacefully.

Oh thst means I cannot say it, or write it. How do things change? By people opening their eyes. If people's eyes remain closed, then we will never learn.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Again, if you're thinking of this in terms of putting pew pews and marines in space, you really are sort of missing the point of this reorg.

Nothing to do with militery. It is that fact that a country wants to dominate. Be it militery or technology, or the first country to do this and that. It is backward and primitive.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Never said anything of the sort. But suddenly getting rid of our military isn't going to change the rest of the world overnight.

More than one nation is after the same thing. As long as people need resources and are willing to fight over them, then there's always going to be "a country wanting to dominate". There's no quick solution.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Never said anything of the sort. But suddenly getting rid of our military isn't going to change the rest of the world overnight.

More than one nation is after the same thing. As long as people need resources and are willing to fight over them, then there's always going to be "a country wanting to dominate". There's no quick solution.

Never said it will happen overnight, but it needs to happen. This "tribal warfare" this "patriotism for your country" will be our downfall.

I know some people will say we have had past wars and we are still here, but those past wars, we did not have weapons that could destroy us over night.

We have a bunch of sociopaths that control this planet, and control us.

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join