It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Medical Association Calls for Confiscation of Guns, Universal Firearm Registration

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

My response to the AMA recomendations, common sense or not...can be summed up in two words.

Piss Off.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I am so sick and tired of these so-called authority figures and organizations taking away my rights.

Go #### yourself, AMA.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You can't register guns you lost in a tragic boating accident.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

You mean the same hacks — sponsored by Big Sugar — that told us for 20 years eggs were killing men and a cardiovascular nightmare?

They should keep to “An apple a day, will keep the doctor away.”

What a turd sandwich of proposals

Yes, and that hydrogenated fats in margarine which clogs your arteries quite quickly was better than butter.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Because the sensible solution is to arm doctors, amirite?

For what purpose would we arm doctors?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What keeps your employer from firing you if you own a firearm?

Since many pay your healthcare they at some point gain the false right to tell you what you can and can not do...

They are already partially there.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

On Wednesday, the American Medical Association approved an expansive list of “common-sense” demands for new gun control measures, including proposals to ban the sale and possession of “all assault-type weapons, bump stocks and related devices, high-capacity magazines, and armor piercing bullets.”

It would be fun to watch doctors and nurses trying to take these away from police and military.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
On youtube the other day, I'll fell down a hole where you click the videos on the side and end up watching something total random from what you were watching originally. I stumbled across a day in the life vlog of an emergency surgeon. He was working a 30 hour shift. He explained that there is break room with a bed that you can sleep in but a lot of times he just doesn't sleep and is up performing surgeries for the entire 30 hours because it's the ER and you never know if it will be busy or not. So here you have a guy up for 30 hours straight performing life saving operations on people. I would never want to be wheeled into the ER on say hour number 27 of a surgeons shift. No wonder the medical field has so many deaths from errors. 30 hour shifts is insane and poor planing.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
What keeps your employer from firing you if you own a firearm?

Since many pay your healthcare they at some point gain the false right to tell you what you can and can not do...

They are already partially there.

Well, for one, unless you have concealed carry, they should have no idea if you own one or not. Again, Registration will royally screw us.

Also, the insurance industry would LOVE to make it mandatory to pay them for insurance coverage if you own a firearm, which again, registration would make possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

so the answer in short is that not much is stopping them from implementing there will

The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) is a United States federal law that revised many provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any sort of database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.Jun 18, 2015
Are Guns Registered in a National Firearms Registry | Concealed ...
www.concealedcarry.com...

i wonder if they will try an ama gun database

AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION. The American Medical Association (AMA) is a federation of state and territorial medical associations. The AMA seeks to promote the art and science of medicine, the medical profession, and the betterment of public health.
American Medical Association facts, information, pictures ...
www.encyclopedia.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Where is the 'Confiscation of Guns' part? Didn't see it.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The AMA can go F themselves as far as I am concerned

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Well, I guess they're entitled to their opinion like anyone else. It's a good thing their opinion doesn't matter.

And like the saying goes, opinions are like buttholes...

And every butthole has an opinion...lol
.....not referring to you ....

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Did that make sense to you before you posted it?

Honest question.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Cool proposal. Absolutely NO.

We all know people like the ones proposing this. I suppose we all cringed a little on this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Civil War would be good for their business you know.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The hospital I work at has armed guards/campus police. Many hospitals have an actual police force stationed in the hospital.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The AMA?
Doctors kill more people than guns so how about some common sense regulations for doctors?

A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.
Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.

Link

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No way all those 'scientists' could be in on some vast conspiracy. No way I say!

Yeah, its super duper creepy when they ask your mental etc and if you own any guns.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

We already do..with a prescription pad and a pen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join