It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Medical Association Calls for Confiscation of Guns, Universal Firearm Registration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why is it their version of "common sense" was never thought common until recently?
Did we just discover guns can be deadly or something?
Leave our rights alone,
you may relinquish yours but you aren't taking mine with you.

These big groups have nothing better to do but create issues to raise money and look important over.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
So the AMA is calling for civil war?

Neat.

Do these idiots exist in a bubble where no one will resist their good idea fairy bull#?

They want the extra business it will bring.
War is big $ for hospitals too.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If this doesn't teach people not to trust the medical mafia I don't know what will.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
O9h ooh. What did you do for hyperteneion? And acid reflux. Please dont say no beer though. I will cry. a reply to: khnum

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There is nothing in what the AMA is calling for that is "banning guns."

That would be counter to the 2nd Amendment.

What they are doing, as reasonable people might expect, is calling for changes in regulations that might give shooting victims a better chance of survival.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

... when in reality, Republicans have traditionally been in favor of gun control.

Nixon called for a ban on handguns, for example.

Reagan (who had a special understanding of being shot) supported gun control.

GHW Bush quit the NRA over their politicization of the issues.

I'm sure all those against groups trying to influence politics are also against the NRA?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Common Sense Gun Control...I hear it a lot and the retort is always enforce the current laws on the books.

So let’s try that but enforce ALL the laws on the books, like say groups engaged in seditious talk undermining the Constitution...some pretty big penalties there.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Common Sense Gun Control...I hear it a lot and the retort is always enforce the current laws on the books.

So let’s try that but enforce ALL the laws on the books, like say groups engaged in seditious talk undermining the Constitution...some pretty big penalties there.

Hmmmm ... "seditious talk undermining the Constitution"?

Who, what, where?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

And why should that not be the retort?? There's plenty already!

No argument on enforcing all the laws either.

edit on 6/18/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Uhhh, eliminating AP rounds is not the way to do that! In fact, just the opposite.

Further, when was the last time you heard of someone dying behind an armored barrier as a result of someone using AP ammunition? Ever???? Nope. So, it's not like it's this huge problem out there. This is just another way to implement further restrictions.

No, what they're angling to do (and there's always an "angle", they never play it straight) is to eliminate / outlaw military surplus ammunition, specifically imported FMJ ammo (which is not "AP", but they will classify it that way because it will pierce some steel plate. It's a hidden agenda.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Government is not allowed to keep a registry. Tying a found gun that was ditched to person is pure legwork. The serial number to the manufacturer (clearly on the found gun), manufacturer to the distributor (required company owned records), distributor to FFL (required distributor owned records) and the FFL to purchaser (Form 4473 owned by the FFL).

4473 is what you fill out and when they call in to NICS, the particular gun isn’t mentioned. The check is if the person can buy that particular type of firearm (handgun, long gun). Only the form is proof that the gun was purchased. You can fill out the form, pass the background check and still not purchase or be sold the gun. The form itself can only be checked, not placed into a database that the government has access to without direct permission. But can be produced on demand as part of an investigation or compliance check. So a FFL can make their own database or electronic scan, but still has to retain the original paper form (usually three hole punched and kept in a binder). The exception is filling out the form on a computer and then printing a copy for the customer to sign.

Why is this important to be done this way, 4th Amendment protections. Unlike a car or house, you truly own a firearm. You receive a bill of sale not a title of possession. Interesting concept. Which is a little odd, considering you don’t really own money either. So how did you “buy” the firearm in the first place other than bartering in an acceptable medium that you happened to possess at the time. Sometimes you can trade a gun for a different gun directly. No gun shop owner would refuse a working Beretta for a used Jimenez

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Asktheanimals

... when in reality, Republicans have traditionally been in favor of gun control.

Nixon called for a ban on handguns, for example.

Reagan (who had a special understanding of being shot) supported gun control.

GHW Bush quit the NRA over their politicization of the issues.

I'm sure all those against groups trying to influence politics are also against the NRA?

All examples of political expediency to further careers (AKA talking out both side of their mouth). By the way, the only part of the the NRA that lobbies is NRA-ILA (Institue for Legislative Action). Very easy to be for what the NRA promotes in the majority (gun safety, teaching children about hunting, safe personal defense strategies, etc.) and not support a tiny piece of their business, NRA-ILA. In fact, NRA-ILA must solicit their own own funds for lobbying and cannot use membership dues to promote their legislative objectives. If you want to actualky learn, it’s nraila.org.

But, as usual, don’t let facts get in your way.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Let's try this approach:

This same organization should maybe stand in front of a mirror, assess the medications that they are over-prescribing that are generally an ingredient of the psychotic behavior that leads to mass shootings, and maybe consider regulating that behavior before pretending that guns are the problem.

Doctors--for all of their book smarts, the majority of them lack the necessary intelligence to discuss such topics.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't agree with what the AMA said, per se; I merely corrected the errant claim made about what they said.

As far as your question:

Cop Killer Used Armor Piercing Rounds - Desert Sun

You'd have to be more specific about who "they" is referring to for me to cogently responsd ... the AMA? Gun Control proponents?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Very good points, particularly about title versus bill-of-sale.

I'll give the Fourth Amendment protections angle some thought.

However, I'm still not sure who you are referring to with the "seditious undermining of the Constitution" reference ...

To that, the First Amendment protects someone calling for the Constitution to be amended, right?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

You'll get no argument from me that Presidents often act to further careers and political agendas.

Talk to GHW Bush about the NRA ... he's the one that left it.

Facts haven't "gotten in my way" ... is anything I stated inaccurate?

You added facts in support of your opinion that changes NOTHING I stated.

Good for you; you're ahead of the pack.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In other news the American Dental Association call for the elimination of Pop Rocks.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I say to them go to he'll you dirty pill pushing sellouts .The reason the opioid problem has grown so out of control is doctors over medicating minor problems so they could get kickbacks from big pharm.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That’s a specific “problem” about the Bill of Rights. In order to abandon the original Articles of Confederation, or any alteration, required 100% unanimous decision of member states. The Bill of Rights was the concession to achieve the vote to abandon the AoC in favor of the Constitution.

Under the First, we can have a belief system (religion), talk about that belief (speech), organize in groups (assembly), make pamphlets or post online (press) and even address government about slights to your belief or even recognition of your beliefs (petition). But the limit is that your beliefs can not be used in an authoritative manner to pressure government to enforce your beliefs to the point of denying the protected rights of others (sedition, because violent counterpoint could be an expected result). There is no end of armchair generals that claim they will shoot gun grabbers.

The AMA isn’t guilty (yet) of sedition; but plenty of other groups are, including prominent and influential members of the DNC. I am sure we can both name names here of ones that can introduce and vote on such legislation. The AMA does have considerable influence and authority based on just sanctioned approvals. Imagine the fallout if the AMA declared that there were zero harmful effects to smoking cigarettes. Doesn’t matter that they were wrong or even outright lied. Plenty out there would pick up that ball and run with it.

Big problems with such groups doing and saying things with reckless abandon.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Strictly speaking ... aren't the Articles still technically in effect, just superceded in places by the Constitution?

If I remember a law class once up on a time ... The Articles, The Declaration and the Northwest Ordinance are included in the first volume of the US Code ... I'll look it up. Anyway ...

Speech is not limited to talking about religious belief.

The Constitution particularly in the First Amendment is not placing limits on the rights of the People, but on the actions of the Government.

There are idiots on all sides of every issue and controversy.

Now you return to sedition ... which is what I was interested in your first comment.

Are you saying that votes to regulate firearms or ammunition are treason/sedition?
edit on 18-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join