It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Xenogears

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: Xenogears

We already have strong vetting process here. It hasn't changed since Obama. And no the left does not want open border. You have been spoon fed that propaganda.
Also children can't help what their parents do (in your case irresponsible parents) so we shouldn't ignore them. There are organizations, including Christian ones, who try to help families (the ones that want to live normal lives we enjoy) in war torn countries. People with compassion would consider those poor children.
wikileaks is not propaganda. Hillary's behind close doors talks of open borders, iirc, are not propaganda. Sanctuary state California, with closely guarded voting records, iirc, is not propaganda.

So basically you are saying they want to allow anyone in America? That's pretty much an invasion. Not sure why Hillary and Democrats want that.

Honestly we waste 100s of billions in overpriced military hardware. Don't see what all the fuzz is with blocking the WALL, even if it is ineffective, it still stands as a symbol. I mean can you imagine if family members complained about building a fence, specially when many are trying to get into the house?

The thing is low skill migrants who don't speak english and depend on welfare will tend to vote for the left. It is basically importing voters. You can do that until the welfare state collapses.

If the rumors of many of these migrants also being lower IQ and likely to produce lower IQ children likelier to remain trapped in poverty and dependent on the welfare state, it is basically buying future generations of voters with freebies.

Well IQ can add productivity to an individual and an economy id argue that low-skilled immigrants should be allowed to work in the world’s richest countries: Low-skilled immigrants have little or no net effect on the wages of the citizens of rich countries, but their lives massively improve when they are allowed to work in these countries.

As such it seems like more the right thing to do however i do believe you do have to set limits because like any system add to much of one thing can destroy the system. To many low skilled workers and it will become a problem as you create competition for those jobs leading to unemployment.

Now your going to be called racist for this i dont believe that to be the case.It is a fact illegal immigrants will test lower on IQ however they are a labor force and will add to total gdp of a country. It is reasonable to be cautious about claims that IQ has a major influence on national productivity. After all, a large labor economics literature shows that IQ and other testable skills have only modest correlations with wages at the individual level.

Bottom line immigration is preferable but it does need to be managed.i think the key is find a fair way let me tell you from personal experience the process is way to complicated and takes way to long took 6 years to get my wife her citizenship and she had a PHD. As for should people be able to just cross the border and jump ahead of say my wife no thats simply not fair. But heres the catch i dont believe you can have an immigration policy that would be fair.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes.

Are their children institutionalized?

Yes, if there is no immediate family or similar or someone with some sort of rights to watch over them now that their parents are in jail yes absolutely.

Are their families permitted to visit them? To communicate with them?

Under normal circumstances and on a limited bases, yes. I think even if the children are under state care eventually arrangements will be made for them to visit their parents which are in state custody though I can see this arrangement taking several months to happen.

I think the children being able to visit their parents should be given a high priority and if it’s taking months or not happening at all within a week or two then something should definitely be done about that. This goes for citizens AND non citizens.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You'll have to clarify.

ATEP was passed in 2008 by the 110th Congress, where Democrats held a majority in both houses.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Sure, you can play "games" but you suck at it.

Did you know that when American citizens break the law that they are separated form their children too?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
Just remember folks, if liberals really cared about children and families they wouldn't attack families and support abortion.
Yep....another reason why these people are taken advantage of by selfish politicians who want their vote and it is mostly liberals.

It is the only reason the liberals are shilling the country right now. Their whole existence as a relevant political party is seriously threatened. Right now the DNC is rotten to its very core. Like yeah ... I'm gonna just stand idly by as they disrespect my flag, my family, my faith and my country .... not. Liberals do not realize that the more they try to subvert people, the nastier and crueler things are going to be.

Here is the code of the DNC:

>Know the rules >Break them anyway >Seek special treatment >Rinse and repeat
edit on 18-6-2018 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Supreme Court ruling in Flores vs Reno and the Homeland Security Act of 2002 does.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Phage ignored it when I posted it, so don't expect a response either.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Some Prominent Conservatives Call On Trump To Stop Separating Migrant Parents & Children

LINK

Alan Dershowitz, Anthony Scaramucci and Bill O’Reilly all spoke out against the practice on Monday.

Alan Dershowitz, a Harvard Law professor emeritus and staunch supporter of President Donald Trump, on Monday spoke out against the administration’s policy that separates migrant children from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border.

During an appearance on “Fox & Friends” ― a show Trump is known to follow closely ― Dershowitz appealed to the president directly. “You have to end this policy of separating parents from children,” he said. “Not because of the parents, but because of the children.”

“It imposes a trauma on the children. It’s just unacceptable. It’s just not proper,” he went on. “There are other ways of doing this. You can send the parents and the children back together. You can do other things, but separating parents and children ― no matter where you put them, no matter how the facilities may look... It’s not the facilities. It’s the act of separating the parents from the children.”

Trump is a heedless fool, he doesn't see the obvious immorality and evil in what he is doing.

Maybe some of his, usually knuckle headed justifiers can make this blind man see

Here’s Trumps, the mindless jackass’ response, always blaming others for his f____ up Actions.

He posted on Twitter afterward

Why don’t the Democrats give us the votes to fix the world’s worst immigration laws? Where is the outcry for the killings and crime being caused by gangs and thugs, including MS-13, coming into our country illegally?

TypicaL RESPONSE OF A CHILD-LIKE MORON.

edit on 18-6-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here's more...

LINK

In an appearance on CNN’s “New Day” Monday, former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci also said “the president should stop” separating parents and children. “It’s very bad policy... Aside from which it’s inhumane and it’s cruel, which I absolutely don’t like. I think he needs to step back, stop listening his aides and his advisers,” Scaramucci said. “He’s got to step in there and he’s got to end this thing because I think it’s an atrocious policy, it’s inhumane, it’s offensive to the average American,” he went on. “When you think about American values, it does not represent American values.” Bill O’Reilly also weighed in on the issue via Twitter. “The government should know how bad this looks and how innocent children are actually suffering,” the former Fox News host wrote Monday. “That kind of scenario is unacceptable to most Americans.”

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Supreme Court ruling in Flores vs Reno and the Homeland Security Act of 2002 does.

what does it say about accompanied minors?

i read your post and noticed you put all focus on the unaccompanied minor portion of the ruling.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Xcathdra

what does it say about accompanied minors?

i read your post and noticed you put all focus on the unaccompanied minor portion of the ruling.

The laws don't appear to speak directly to the situation as far as I can tell. So the only way to interpret the law would be as follows.

Once they arrest and detain the parents they are detained in an adult jail. The children would not be able to remain with parents while they are incarcerated.

If there is a US citizen who is family to the child the child would be placed with the family.

If there is no family the child must be detained as well, until the parents are released/deported.

I'm not sure we have the infrastructure to go about this differently.

Trump is right when he said he needs Democratic votes. Trump's administration has put forward immigration reform but they can not pass the reform without partisan support.

The dems are so against the wall that they are refusing to work on reform unless Trump drops the wall requirement. The wall was part of his platform I don't see why he should concede, sense it is the will of the people that Trump is President.

With that being said, it would be nice to see some sort of executive order put in place to temporarily fix this situation. Something that would last until after the 2018 elections. If they are men of faith. God prefers those who take action over those who point fingers, and so do Americans.

You can't MAGA without fixing this situation.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

yep from what i gathered the usa can only hold an unaccompanied minor for 20 days under that scotus ruling.

i have not heard how long they can hold accompanied minors.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Weird how they forgot this gem under Obama

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
Weird how they forgot this gem under Obama

The same thing was happening under Obama when he held a majority and could have passed anything. Strange how the media conveniently ignores these facts.

If you need proof he could have passed anything just check out the ACA.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

If the rumors of many of these migrants also being lower IQ and likely to produce lower IQ children likelier to remain trapped in poverty and dependent on the welfare state, it is basically buying future generations of voters with freebies.

How about we only compare those who have adequate access to education? There is absolutely no way to know how intelligent these immigrants are or could have been if they had recieved proper education since youth.

Your comment is ignorant, racist or both.

Education doesn't change intelligence. Training doesn't change intelligence. Assuming proper nutrition and adequate social interaction, the intelligence level can be measured even in childhood.

Your ignorance is to assume that education will significantly change their IQ, their innate potential. If they are dwarfs in terms of intelligence, it will be no different from dwarfs in terms of height, no amount of environmental stimuli will make them giants.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yes.

Are their children institutionalized?

Yes, if there is no immediate family or similar or someone with some sort of rights to watch over them now that their parents are in jail yes absolutely.

Are their families permitted to visit them? To communicate with them?

Under normal circumstances and on a limited bases, yes. I think even if the children are under state care eventually arrangements will be made for them to visit their parents which are in state custody though I can see this arrangement taking several months to happen.

I think the children being able to visit their parents should be given a high priority and if it’s taking months or not happening at all within a week or two then something should definitely be done about that. This goes for citizens AND non citizens.

I think if the parents are directly responsible for child abuse, say prostituting them, they are barred from seeing them again.

If the rate of rape crossing the border is 80% for children and women, iirc, and you cross the border with children, you're effectively having them raped or worse killed.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

IQ tests track memory of learned concepts and pattern recognition.

How the hell is someone going to do well on an IQ test if they didn't learn to read or do arithmetic? Every damm IQ tests incorporates these skills into the test.

It is obvious I am speaking with an ignorant racist who has no understanding on the subject you are talking about.

I'm sure many of these good people can do many things in the construction and farming industries that most of your high IQ group can't do. Elitism has no place in society.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Where was all your outrage back in 2009? 2014?

When detainees were being subjected to abuse and degrading behaviors?

When the children were literally in fenced in cages on 1" mats on the floor?

That's what I thought...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

they were not operating under the policy of detaining everyone until now.

different situations

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Did you know that when American citizens break the law that they are separated form their children too?

Wow! I didn't know that! Thanks so much for enlightening me!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join