It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration to a Native American tribe in US how would it work?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Cranston did some really memorable characters! He was on an X-Files, which was what led to Breaking Bad. For my money he's best as Hal in Malcom in the Middle and I'm not kidding. He is a comedy genius.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: SummerRain

Cranston did some really memorable characters! He was on an X-Files, which was what led to Breaking Bad. For my money he's best as Hal in Malcom in the Middle and I'm not kidding. He is a comedy genius.

Ahhh Bryan Cranston, lol, had a brain fizz and just couldn't remember his name.

I agree, he is great at both comedy and serious drama. Never saw him in the x-files, but saw him in a really old baywatch episode, looked so different yet the same. Anything he is in, I give time to watch !

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenBrain71

I second this. I am 1/16 Muscogee, 1/8 Cherokee and 1/32 Catawba. Many people in my area trace back to Georgia/South Carolina tribes, families migrated here in the late 1700s / Early 1800s to escape wars on the east coast. ( also, tends to piss off a local federally recognized tribe, who claim to be muscogee only, yet all in my tribe are kin to them, hehe. )

Mexicans just can't come in and become natives. They would have to prove a family link through official records--- I had to, they ain't getting off lightly.

Some might have Choctaw and Chickasaw blood, because some went to northeastern Mexico instead of going to Oklahoma.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrapscalllion

I agree, it takes some effort and a lot of research to prove up ancestry.

By the way, for those who don’t know. Indians, native Americans, first peoples, whatever label used, isn’t actually what a “native” refers to when asked what he/she is. We say Choctaw, or whatever the name of the tribe is because that’s who we are, not a name created by others.

Another thing for those who might want to know. Choctaw and Chickasaw people came from the same family line. In short, the two brothers, Chahta and Chicksa, who eventually founded both tribes fled from Mexico some thousands of years ago for whatever reason, so we are basically Aztec blood, which like all other native peoples of the americas was also of asian decent, Mongolia regions to be precise.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenBrain71

Yup. The Choctaw " sat down " at Nanih Wayah ( please excuse the spelling ). I have Choctaw kin, but I am not Choctaw.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join