It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump saluted a NK general

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Out of COURTESY Trump was RETURNING the general's salute.

Obama bowed all the way down to the crotch of world leaders.

Trump's gesture of courtesy contributed to saving 20 million lives on the Korean Peninsula.

Obama's gesture of awe and submission cost America billions of dollars.

Nuff said?

What bow? There must be an Alt-Right meme I do not know about.

And Trumps gesture was (a) awkward af and (b) towards an underling who has not the finger on the button and (c) did not contribute to anything worthy, because you are trusting the North Korean dictator-for-life with honouring an "agreement". And he is well known to only follow his own agenda without acting like some paper tells him to..

You all are trusting Kim.

And you all are judging Obama for a courtesy he made to real trusted friends of the USA.

I think that is the current state of doublethink to the Alt-Right, you all should apply there.

Not sure that "real trusted friends" is a good description of saudi arabia......*cough*9/11*cough*cough*

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

It's called a sign of respect to the country,only some nit picking liberal would try to construe it any other way,some peoples countrys are already Fed up,so now all they have to do is berate others,as they show who the true fool is

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You’re embarassing yourself with your partisan sheesh.

Trump is accomplishing things whether you like it or not.

Better than Obanana that all he did was spy you and provide financial support to Isis.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Technically, it would be General No respecting Trump as the lower ranking officer initiates the salute, so he is recognizing Trump as his superior.

Honestly, there is actual stuff to bitch and moan about. This, however, is an awkward faux pas. Nothing more. I mean, I get why everyone brings it it up. I remember how sean hannity talked for a week straight about Obama bowing, or the time he pronounced it "corpsemen". If everyone wants to get their licks in now that the other guy is in power and be even stevens, well i guess it is what it is.

Even Stevens? People only attacked every silly thing Obama did because of the way the other side treated Bush JR.... and we all know that only happened because of the way the other side treated Slick Willy ... and so on.

No Even Stevens here ... these people have been doing each other wrong for so long they dont even know which side even started it or why they where originally made at each other in the first place. It's even generational st this point; most people hate the other side simply because their parents did/do.

Then, of course from THEN on, as you probably guess,

Things really got into a horrible mess.

All the rest of that day, on those wild screaming beaches,

The fix-it-up Chappie kept fixing up Sneetches.

Off again! On Again!  In again! Out again!

Through the machines they raced round and about again,

Changing their stars every minute or two.

They kept paying money. They kept running through

Until neither the Plain nor the Star-Bellies knew

Whether this one was that one…or that one was this one

Or which one was what one …or what one was who. 

Then, when every last cent

Of their money was spent,

The Fix-it-Up Chappie packed up

And he went. 

And he laughed as he drove

In his car up the beach,

“They never will learn.

No. You can’t teach a Sneetch!” 

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

There really was no bow. That's why the word bowed is in quotes in my comment. You do know that the Right made a big deal of that handshake when Obama was in Saudi Arabia, don't you?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia really isn't our friend. It's just in THEIR best interest to work with us right now. And we let them because some believe it's in OUR best interest. I'm not one of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

There really was no bow. That's why the word bowed is in quotes in my comment. You do know that the Right made a big deal of that handshake when Obama was in Saudi Arabia, don't you?

Are you from another timeline? Have facts seemed ro change for you? Im blaming the mendela effectvbecause if you were from this timeline you wouldn't say something this stupid.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Saudi Arabia really isn't our friend. It's just in THEIR best interest to work with us right now. And we let them because some believe it's in OUR best interest. I'm not one of them.

Id say Israelis agree with you 100 percent.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Look again. The guy is short and Obama was trying, IN MY OPINION, to look eye to eye. So he leaned over when he shook his hand.

It's a custom in Japan to bow.

Even if I believed Obama bowed, it's not a problem for me, just like Trump saluting. Get over it guys.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Get over it.
Heads of State salute the military all the time, even if its not your own military.

What better way to soften relations and show respect.

MoFu

Very classy!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kkintekk

Maybe you can point out where in the Statutes an "Act Of Treason" was committed.

I'll be waiting
edit on 15-6-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I wonder why people against Trump arent taken seriously. They have such strong arguments.

edit on 6 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump's gesture of courtesy contributed to saving 20 million lives on the Korean Peninsula.

The juries still out on that.

If I see that no US companies have gone in to mine the rare minerals, or Coke doesn't set up franchise's in North Korea within the near future then I'll eat my hat.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

No they probably told him that they would salute and that he shouldn't salute back.
And defiant child trump sez F.U.
Like when he was told not to congratulate Putin on the election and he just did it anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Just like everything else he does. He doesn't think things through.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Salutes being a sign of respect, I take it the U.S now respects the north Korean regime.

And

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

To the Chinese no less, thats North Korea's big brother in case you didnt notice

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I don't know what the protocol is in The U.S.

However in The U.K. you only salute if you are in uniform. People wearing " Civvies " do not salute.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Really?
Because they still have all the same nukes they had last week.
And bigger more comprehensive promises from North Korea have been broken over and over.
No one has been saved.
Trump got a flipping photo Op. Un got prestige to show his tortured people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join