It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump saluted a NK general

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
He did WHAT?

Is this acceptable?

Really?

Because "It’s a common courtesy" like Sanders said? To a general of the MoFu North Korean military?...

What was that? Genius at work?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

*sigh*

“It’s possible that it was just instinctive and he didn’t think it through,” Ms. Saunders said.

Do you want a nuclear war or not? Beggers cant be choosers.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well it’s one up than doing a curtsy I guess

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Salutes being a sign of respect, I take it the U.S now respects the north Korean regime.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

What he did was actually the act of “treason”, as a head of state he shouldn’t greets “without uniform” in military style.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

There are usually more than just TWO options.
Not only "Total Thermonuclear Mutual Destruction" and "Being North Koreas Bitch".

He got nothing and gave up a lot.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
He did WHAT?

Is this acceptable?

Really?

Because "It’s a common courtesy" like Sanders said? To a general of the MoFu North Korean military?...

What was that? Genius at work?

I had to laugh you could see borh were confused as to what to do. General salutes like he would to his leader then realizes that he wasnt supposed to so goes to shake hands while the confused Trump pulls back his handshake and tries to return the salute. Realize presidents are trained to do this they constantly receive salutes from military around the white house. It becomes second nature to return the salute so they wont stand there stuck. Once a salute is started you have to hold it until a superior returns the salute or they leave.
edit on 6/15/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Out of COURTESY Trump was RETURNING the general's salute.

Obama bowed all the way down to the crotch of world leaders.

Trump's gesture of courtesy contributed to saving 20 million lives on the Korean Peninsula.

Obama's gesture of awe and submission cost America billions of dollars.

Nuff said?

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I KNEW IT!!!!

Trump just proved himself to be a North Korean plant, I bet he’s already given little Kim the nuclear codes.

You know one day Trump will actually do something genuinely bad and the 80-90% of the population not suffering from TDS will be so desensitised to your constant cries of Wolf that it will go unnoticed.

Y’all need to take a break, go outside get some fresh air. Forget about Trump for a day or 2

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I didn't have a problem with Obama "bowing" and I don't have a problem with Trump saluting. See, not so hard not to be a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Technically, it would be General No respecting Trump as the lower ranking officer initiates the salute, so he is recognizing Trump as his superior.

Honestly, there is actual stuff to bitch and moan about. This, however, is an awkward faux pas. Nothing more. I mean, I get why everyone brings it it up. I remember how sean hannity talked for a week straight about Obama bowing, or the time he pronounced it "corpsemen". If everyone wants to get their licks in now that the other guy is in power and be even stevens, well i guess it is what it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I'll take it over a bow anyday.

/shrug

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
As opposed to what, flipping him off? -- AFTER WE HAD JUST FINALLY REACHED AN HISTORICAL AGREEMENT WITH THEM? Ruin it and go back to threatening each other with nukes???

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

He reached nothing. Who said that Un would honour this "agreement" more than the previous ones he completely ignored/canceled?

You are trusting Kim Jong Un.

How trustworthy is that dictator?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What bow? Obama to Kim Jong Un? Didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

But about what "bow" do y'all speak?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
As opposed to what, flipping him off? -- AFTER WE HAD JUST FINALLY REACHED AN HISTORICAL AGREEMENT WITH THEM? Ruin it and go back to threatening each other with nukes???

It worked for President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

He reached nothing. Who said that Un would honour this "agreement" more than the previous ones he completely ignored/canceled?

So far, he's honored it with South Korea, so we'll see with the U.S., won't we. Baby steps, obviously..

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Out of COURTESY Trump was RETURNING the general's salute.

Obama bowed all the way down to the crotch of world leaders.

Trump's gesture of courtesy contributed to saving 20 million lives on the Korean Peninsula.

Obama's gesture of awe and submission cost America billions of dollars.

Nuff said?

What bow? There must be an Alt-Right meme I do not know about.

And Trumps gesture was (a) awkward af and (b) towards an underling who has not the finger on the button and (c) did not contribute to anything worthy, because you are trusting the North Korean dictator-for-life with honouring an "agreement". And he is well known to only follow his own agenda without acting like some paper tells him to..

You all are trusting Kim.

And you all are judging Obama for a courtesy he made to real trusted friends of the USA.

I think that is the current state of doublethink to the Alt-Right, you all should apply there.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

So far, he's honored it with South Korea, so we'll see with the U.S., won't we. Baby steps, obviously..

Okay, now I am really curious: WHAT part of the agreement did Kim honor in the last few days?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join