It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California woman forces Border Patrol off Greyhound bus at agricultural checkpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Source

“This is a violation of your 4th amendment rights. You don’t have to show them *s- -t*!!! This is illegal,” she said, according to her Facebook post.

This was well outside the 100-mile constitution free zone, I guess border patrol thinks they can stop anyone at any time regardless of where you are in America.

ICE has been terrorizing Hispanic and Latino communities for years but, to me, it seems they've ramped up their "enforcement". Between detaining legal residents and American citizens until they can determine their status to pulling over buses full of people to do 'random' checks.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

our law enforcement officers are doing the best they can with the brains they have.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source

“This is a violation of your 4th amendment rights. You don’t have to show them *s- -t*!!! This is illegal,” she said, according to her Facebook post.

ICE has been terrorizing Hispanic and Latino communities for years but, to me, it seems they've ramped up their "enforcement". Between detaining legal residents and American citizens until they can determine their status to pulling over buses full of people to do 'random' checks.

Good!

Sorry, but illegal search and seizure doesn't apply to friggin' ILLEGAL NON-CITIZENS!!!!!

edit on 15-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

You think it's good that citizens get caught up in these fishing exercises, WTF !

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You think it's good that citizens get caught up in these fishing exercises, WTF !

Sin ingles, sin paso.

Lo siento!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

You have shingles, that sux...

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

the notion that :

" if you can get further than 100 miles from the border - you are free from scrutiny of your legal status "

ammuses me no end

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Yeah I had a case to beat the band. Stay on topic, champ,

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Pretend it’s muellers team.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: links234
Source

Good!

Sorry, but illegal search and seizure doesn't apply to friggin' ILLEGAL NON-CITIZENS!!!!!

Actually it does apply, since the illegal search has no way of discovery of the people's status in the first place without acting outside their legal capacity. Breaking the law to find out if there are illegals on the bus isn't an argument that Border Patrol can justify anything with. This bus incident is like the Gestapo in 1944 Germany,.
Which is why they retreated from the bus and let them continue. But they would have gotten away with that huge abuse of authority if that woman hadn't called them out on it. Imagine all the junk they do that they haven't been caught at..

When there are any authority doing things like this they are enemies of all Americans. You can't be their Pal and defend them because you will be next on their list.
edit on 15-6-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Yeah I had a case to beat the band. Stay on topic, champ,

Righto, next time police raid your neighbors house or the house down the street they should raid your house to, you know just in case you are doing anything illegal in there....

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
So the media is now reporting on Facebook posts?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Some people don't care about govt abuses as long as those abuses are targeting their opponents (and some actually like them). They only "care" when the govt starts targeting them. It's like the people who rail against a police state unless it's in a minority neighborhood. Then, they come up with all kinds of ways to justify it.
edit on 15-6-2018 by enlightenedservant because: clarified 1st sentence because it was worded weird

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

She said on Facebook???

People will believe anything.🙄

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Shes wrong border patrol cant set up a check point but they can board a plane train or bus to question people. Questioning individuals, collecting evidence, and making arrests, are not subject to the 100 mile rule. In the case here they simply boarded thr bus to question people and thats perfecrly legal.

I think border patrol is given way to much power muself. For example within 25 miles of a border they dont even need ro get a warrant to enter your property. But bottom line is she was wrong the agents were right.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Best part.

"I didn’t do what I did, or share it for accolades or thanks …

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Why not raid businesses and arrest the owners that are hiring illegal labor? Oh, thats right ,$$$$$$$$$$
Nope. Instead we rush towards being a police state.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Because they don't actually want to get rid of illegal labor. They want to keep it as taboo and "underground" as possible. That reduces the chances that the undocumented labor will try to report them for wage theft and any other abuses (and keeps them desperate enough to take the crappiest jobs with the least possible compensation). And if any undocumented workers do speak up, then the company "coincidentally" discovers that the workers are undocumented and reports them to get them deported.

Their whole point is to keep a pool of cheap labor.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Because they don't actually want to get rid of illegal labor. They want to keep it as taboo and "underground" as possible. That reduces the chances that the undocumented labor will try to report them for wage theft and any other abuses (and keeps them desperate enough to take the crappiest jobs with the least possible compensation). And if any undocumented workers do speak up, then the company "coincidentally" discovers that the workers are undocumented and reports them to get them deported.

Their whole point is to keep a pool of cheap labor.

Exactly, also it allows for unconstitutional searches on citizens which lead to more profits in the prison industrial complex.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

If you have a problem with the way ICE is run then contact your representative, I would hardly calling doing a thankless (legal) job terrorizing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join