It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California woman forces Border Patrol off Greyhound bus at agricultural checkpoint

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ishum
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Our constitution and bill of rights are supposed to be our ideology, supreme law of the land. So, yes it does apply to illegals, it applies to everyone in the world. When the US gov deals with anyone they have to follow the law. People get treated fairly and humanely regardless of origin. Any American who believes in what the founding fathers spelled out should have no problem with this.

Capt. Kirks says it nicely

if our ideals don't apply to everyone then they apply to no one.
Constitutional free zones are unconstitutional and should not be allowed.
So many "Americans" pay lip service to the Constitution and the bill of rights. But don't seem to really understand it or actually believe in it.

Really wish I was more of a writer. I'm just really able to express what and how I feel on this.

Of course it applied to illegals problem is they still broke the law and as such consequences exist. Being illegal is a crime thats why its called illegal immigration. Legal immigrants do not break the law to come to the US.

I had one solution for thr problem since half the illegal aliens come crom mexico we could annex Mexico make it a state. This solves two problems it allows the feds to stop drug cartels and Mexicans wont have to move to become US citizens.

And Mexicos southern border is alot smaller and easier to build a wall. Who would have thought we could use the russian model to solve a problem. We just need to send the little green men to get the vote started.
edit on 6/16/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The poster I replied to basically said they have no rights.
I see that a lot online, "they're not American so no rights". The same people claim to "love" and "support" the Constitution. But, to claim you love and support a set of ideals then deny others of those ideals is wrong. as far as I'm concerned that shows the opposite. Considering its the US constitution, to me, that makes it unamerican.

I'm not saying we don't do anything about the illegals, They're human and should be treated properly.
When they're found, detain them. if they have warrants for other things send them to jail. If they have a legit
asylum or refuge request determine its validity if yes do what the law requires. If its no then again do what the law requires, deport them.

ICE is going around and detaining Americans, just grabbing people because they look Hispanic.
The 4th amendment is protection from illegal search and seizures. Police are supposed to have a specific reason when detaining and searching to go after a specific person. Not just randomly harass someone.

This would be a better country and world if we treated each other with a bit more respect then we do now.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ishum

I just want you to know that you're not wrong. This is not an opinion that you alone hold, it's the viewpoint of the United States government and its judicial system:
Yes, illegal aliens have constitutional rights

The U.S. Supreme Court settled the issue well over a century ago. But even before the court laid the issue to rest, a principal author of the Constitution, James Madison, the fourth president of the United States, wrote: "that as they [aliens], owe, on the one hand, a temporary obedience, they are entitled, in return, to their [constitutional] protection and advantage."

<< 1  2  3   >>

join