It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California woman forces Border Patrol off Greyhound bus at agricultural checkpoint

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Knowing your rights help:

www.acluaz.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
So I got a lot of backlash from my post.

What I gather from it is this--border patrol isn't allowed to patrol the border because it violates constitutional rights.

Umm..pretty sure police are allowed to detain anyone at anytime. Good luck telling them otherwise.

California woman had to get out her google translator to tell the Spanish speaking passengers.

So did the patrol have probable cause to detain the bus? I'm sure they did.

cool story. why didn't they get detained?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Is there any else left who still wants the laws about illegal immigration enforced. I think the plan is to round up a couple illegals every so often to make it look as though the laws are enforced. Business loves the flood.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Is there any else left who still wants the laws about illegal immigration enforced. I think the plan is to round up a couple illegals every so often to make it look as though the laws are enforced. Business loves the flood.

im anti illegal immigration. my parents worked hard to bring me to the US and put me through school, after which I served in the armed forces of this country, where i swore to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States of America, in and out of uniform.

im very pro Constitution.
the dilemma here is there are no asterisk in the Constitution nor fine prints. we can't circumnavigate the rights of some because of technicalities.

we can't infringe on the rights of some citizens in case others are non citizens
otherwise those officers would detain people they think are illegals to their hearts content... unfortunately the law doesn't work that way.

im for legal and proportioned immigration, there must be a method to the madness.
its in the execution we are failing, otherwise if there were illegals on that bus and were detained in a legal manner, then this thread wouldn't exist.

edit on 15-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: i know sound discussion is anti ats these days, but i had to elaborate

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It should not have gotten to the point of needing to stop buses on the highway.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Why not raid businesses and arrest the owners that are hiring illegal labor? Oh, thats right ,$$$$$$$$$$
Nope. Instead we rush towards being a police state.

No its because business's will be only fines until congress increases penalties. Currently First offenders can be fined $250-$2,000 per illegal employee.
For a second offense, the fine is $2,000-$5,000 per illegal employee.
Three or more offenses can cost an employer $3000-$10,000 per illegal employee.

So guess what its cheaper for busineases to pay fines if caught. And with the number of agents used in raids unless they have a large amount of illegals its not worth it.

I actually have a solution for this. Put up a 100,000 dollar bounty paid to anyone regardless of legal status, that reports an employer hiring illegals. The state fines the employer that as a minimum, plus 2k for each illegal.

Because anyone can call in and claim it, then illegals will turn in their own employers get deported, but with 100k in their pocket. Eventually people will stop hiring them, and they will stop coming. Illegals will like it cause it’s a get rich quick concept, and the government likes it cause they self deport themselves basically cause no jobs.

Camain

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Has the story been verified?

(Just responding to you cause there is no reply tab at the top)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What I gather from it is this--border patrol isn't allowed to patrol the border because it violates constitutional rights.

Umm..pretty sure police are allowed to detain anyone at anytime. Good luck telling them otherwise.

California woman had to get out her google translator to tell the Spanish speaking passengers.

So because there were Spanish speaking passengers on the bus then it should be allowed to be searched? That will be good for tourism in the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: roadgravel

Has the story been verified?

(Just responding to you cause there is no reply tab at the top)

I don't know. Hard to know what is reality anymore.

In this case I would not be surprised if it were true. Traffic stops have become the prime area for LE to find people to arrest for whatever reason.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I actually have a solution for this. Put up a 100,000 dollar bounty paid to anyone regardless of legal status, that reports an employer hiring illegals. The state fines the employer that as a minimum, plus 2k for each illegal. 

Oh Christ, lets turn our people into a nation of one massive Stasi state the likes of which have not been seen since Commie East Germany whydontcha!!
edit on 15-6-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickKilgannon

So because there were Spanish speaking passengers on the bus then it should be allowed to be searched? That will be good for tourism in the US.

If the story is true then it would seem that the driver would have to call BP otherwise I don't know how the agent would know that Spanish speaking passengers were on the bus.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RickKilgannon

If you've followed everything regarding Arpaio then you would know that most ATS members would agree that any Spanish speaking person should be allowed to be detained by the authorities regardless of whether they're in this country legally or not.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source

“This is a violation of your 4th amendment rights. You don’t have to show them *s- -t*!!! This is illegal,” she said, according to her Facebook post.

ICE has been terrorizing Hispanic and Latino communities for years but, to me, it seems they've ramped up their "enforcement". Between detaining legal residents and American citizens until they can determine their status to pulling over buses full of people to do 'random' checks.

Good!

Sorry, but illegal search and seizure doesn't apply to friggin' ILLEGAL NON-CITIZENS!!!!!

Except being Hispanic does not by default make you illegal or a non citizen.....

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You think it's good that citizens get caught up in these fishing exercises, WTF !

Until you get caught in one, and treated like you just snuck across the border. Lemme tell ya, dealing with law enforcement is bad enough- dealing with Border Patrol law enforcement is even *worse*. There are bacteria that have more intelligence.

This is coming from a blue eyed white male, BTW. I don't know what the hell country they thought I stumbled out of, but they were bound and determined to send me back to it. Meanwhile, drug dealers are sneaking by in *droves*.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

The Fourth Amendment is part of the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Our constitution and bill of rights are supposed to be our ideology, supreme law of the land. So, yes it does apply to illegals, it applies to everyone in the world. When the US gov deals with anyone they have to follow the law. People get treated fairly and humanely regardless of origin. Any American who believes in what the founding fathers spelled out should have no problem with this.

Capt. Kirks says it nicely

if our ideals don't apply to everyone then they apply to no one.
Constitutional free zones are unconstitutional and should not be allowed.
So many "Americans" pay lip service to the Constitution and the bill of rights. But don't seem to really understand it or actually believe in it.

Really wish I was more of a writer. I'm just really able to express what and how I feel on this.
edit on 15-6-2018 by ishum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ohh booohooo

Time to pay the piper.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yeah, you guys are right--let's not even try to combat illegal immigration.

The damage is done. Let the ship sink.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The American Hispanic community has done more damage to this country than any other simply by ENABLING their family members to come here and supporting them.

The Hispanic Community are accessories to crimes.

face it

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Thats actually not a bad idea may want to send that to your congressmen. Sounds slot cheaper then building a wall that wont work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join