It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIG Report Released: Full text

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

"We found that it was extraordinary and insubordinate for Comey to conceal his intentions from his superiors, the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, for the admitted purpose of preventing them from telling him not to make the statement, and to instruct his subordinates in the FBI to do the same," Horowitz’s report says.

Ouch. The report calls Comey "insubordinate," and concludes he was trying to do an end-run around his superiors (which would be Loretta Lynch).

With a statement like that, who can argue that firing Comey wasn't justified?

Oh, they still need that for the "obstruction" angle now that the "collusion" angle is dead. That's all they have left, they won't let go of it easily.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

why you dont trust me?
Or you dont like it?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
After reading the conclusions and recommendations, this feels a lot like Comey, again:

“So much was done wrong, so much, but none of us are perfect, and even though intent is pretty obvious, we can’t prove intent, so let’s move on, and learn from this... Nothing to see here.”

“We need to do better, but what we did wasn’t too bad...”

“The FBI is too valuable and trusted to say anything else...”

(Hyperbolically Paraphrasing)
edit on 6/14/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Well what kind of influence could they possibly have? I mean the Russians didnt have any effect right?
if all of that didnt effect the election then nothing that two people said possibly could.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Regarding Comey's July '16 exoneration of Clinton:

A statement that the sheer volume of information classified as Secret supported an inference of gross negligence was removed and replaced with a statement that the classified information they discovered was “especially concerning because all of these emails were housed on servers not supported by full-time staff”

In other words, we need to change this so we don't have to charge her.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
The report is Damning for Comey and Lynch.

Wait till people actually read it.

1. What matters is any criminal referrals to prosecutor Huber.

2. The 3rd section of the I.G. Report will focus on SPYGATE. That will make today's release look like a playground spat.

That, and keep in mind the public report is not the entire report.

😎

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Zelun

I know everyone is partisan to one degree or another.

I just hope that this leads to people guilty of crimes, getting punished.

Is it too much to ask for?

Yes, apparently it is, because this report is just a whitewash.

link   
a reply to: trb71

Yes. Exactly.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

2. The 3rd section of the I.G. Report will focus on SPYGATE. That will make today's release look like a playground spat.

😎

I don't think we'll see criminal charges at this point. It will likely be a new investigation since the Clinton email investigation was obviously mishandled, per what's coming out of this report.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

why you dont trust me?
Or you dont like it?

Lol, you are always telling members that you don't believe them but expect others to take your word??????

No, I don't trust you.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Too bad the only investigation we knew about and the only one the FBI spoke about was Clinton. The only campaign that was effected was Clintons.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I don't think we'll see criminal charges at this point. It will likely be a new investigation since the Clinton email investigation was obviously mishandled, per what's coming out of this report.

Or, it's been ongoing all along

😉

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Look, I don't care what this report or any report says. The idea that Hillary did not intend to break the law by using a private server is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

A. SHE KNOWS THE LAW

B. SHE SET UP THE SERVER ANYWAY

These facts are not in dispute.

That is F'ing intention to break the law - and no amount of spin will ever change my mind.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Too bad she didn't hear about the snap chat app sooner.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

why you dont trust me?
Or you dont like it?

It doesn't help you make big claims and when people ask you what source you got it from you deflect or ignore. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yeah, and I said the part you quoted was only talking about Comey.

Which was not accurate.

There was plenty of impropriety found.

Maybe impropriety was too vague of a term to use. After looking through all the case documents, communications, etc and conducting interviews, as it's clearly stated multiple times, that there was no evidence found that connected the bias reflected in the texts with the decisions made in the investigation:

However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions we reviewed in Chapter Five

(p.III)

did not find documentary or testimonial evidence directly connecting the political views these employees expressed in their text messages and instant messages to the specific investigative decisions

(p. XI)

However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions discussed below, or that the justifications offered for these decisions were pretextual.

(p.149)

As described in Chapter Five, our review did not find documentary or testimonial evidence directly connecting the political views these employees expressed in their text messages and instant messages to the specific investigative decisions we reviewed in Chapter Five.

(p.420)

Although we found no documentary or testimonial evidence directly connecting the political views these employees expressed in their text messages and instant messages to the specific Midyear investigative decisions we reviewed in Chapter Five

(p.424)

While we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative actions we reviewed in Chapter Five

(p.497)

Chapter Five btw, is "Investigative Methods Used in the Investigation" which is the 100 or so pages that details the nuts and bolts of the investigation, which *not* at all, as you stated, "all about Comey."

They also found no evidence of political motivation in Comey's decision to announce the closing of the investigation:

We found no evidence that Comey’s public statement announcing the FBI’s decision to close the investigation was the result of bias or an effort to influence the election. Instead, the documentary and testimonial evidence reviewed by the OIG reflected that Comey’s decision was the result of his consideration of the evidence that the FBI had collected during the course of the investigation and his understanding of the proof required to pursue a prosecution under the relevant statutes.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

i was joking. Of course you don't trust me. I say everything you dont want to hear.

So wheres the part where they are reopening the investigation?

I heard a lawyer on TV say Clintons investigation is not part of this report. I know you're not going to take my word for it.

Guess you can look it up or just wait and see that I'm right.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
lol what a crock of BS...

'No evidence FBI aided Clinton'

'There might be evidence the FBI tried to impact the Trump campaign'

FBI : "WE'LL STOP IT"

For all those who struggle with basic math... Trying to stop Trump from getting elected is aiding Clinton.

For those who struggle with reality, the FBI brought up Clinton’s emails during a critical time in the election and said nothing about their investigation on Trumps team

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

ut oh name calling.
I think he should be fired.

oh wait...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I say everything you dont want to hear.

Most people call that trolling, unless you can back it up with proof.

Even if nothing comes out of this it still going to hurt the dems chances at ever seeing a presidency in a very long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join