It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIG Report Released: Full text

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

All 568 pages, huh?

Impressive reading speed. And you comprehended enough of it to draw conclusions based on the information you read? Amazing.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks for the TLDR. I can see how saying you would stop the nominee from attaining the win would "appear" to be bias, but I'm sure that it just appeared that way. I trust these guys. Almost as much as your observations that "appear" to be biased.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

if you're thinking Hillary then yes that's too much to ask for.

its already been said that this report will not alter the outcome of the Clinton investigation.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

if you're thinking Hillary then yes that's too much to ask for.

its already been said that this report will not alter the outcome of the Clinton investigation.

Who is saying that?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
lol what a crock of BS...

'No evidence FBI aided Clinton'

'There might be evidence the FBI tried to impact the Trump campaign'

FBI : "WE'LL STOP IT"

For all those who struggle with basic math... Trying to stop Trump from getting elected is aiding Clinton.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Heh, Page 345 "Somebody in New York Will Leak This." Also shows the concern over the New York branch. Does a number to confirm all of the rumors of the NY FBI branch trying to leak anti-Clinton information? If I remember correctly this is the branch that Rudy Giuliani when we went on his big media tour between Alex Jones, Gateway Pundit, and Fox News was claiming he was getting his damning info on Clinton from.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Looks like a let down to me.
Theres a lot of reading to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
The report is Damning for Comey and Lynch.

Wait till people actually read it.

🎃🤷

1. What matters is any criminal referrals to prosecutor Huber.

2. The 3rd section of the I.G. Report will focus on SPYGATE. That will make today's release look like a playground spat.

Yes!
Interestingly, that report may not come out until September.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Evelyn Wood speed reading courses from the eighties is paying off.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

haha
i knew if it didnt crucify Hillary you guys would say this.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
lol what a crock of BS...

'No evidence FBI aided Clinton'

'There might be evidence the FBI tried to impact the Trump campaign'

FBI : "WE'LL STOP IT"

For all those who struggle with basic math... Trying to stop Trump from getting elected is aiding Clinton.

Yes, in a two man race, cutting the legs out from under one man might possibly be seen as aiding the other man, huh?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
lol

no one should have to read this to know it is a joke like the rest

otherwise action would have been taken before the release

do you still believe that the justice department is not covering and will continue to do so

shows over folks

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Zelun

I know everyone is partisan to one degree or another.

I just hope that this leads to people guilty of crimes, getting punished.

Is it too much to ask for?

it wouldn't be American politics if guilty politicians did end up paying for their crimes, would it?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

He will probably get demoted.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: face23785

The part about not having any evidence of political bias is specifically talking about Comey,

No, it's not. Here's the paragraph before:

In particular, we were concerned about text messages exchanged by FBI Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, Special Counsel to the Deputy Director, that potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions were impacted by bias or improper considerations. As we describe in Chapter Twelve of our report, most of the text messages raising such questions pertained to the Russia investigation, which was not a part of this review. Nonetheless, the suggestion in certain Russia-related text messages in August 2016 that Strzok might be willing to take official action to impact presidential candidate Trump’s electoral prospects caused us to question the earlier Midyear investigative decisions in which Strzok was involved, and whether he took specific actions in the Midyear investigation based on his political views. As we describe Chapter Five of our report, we found that Strzok was not the sole decisionmaker for any of the specific Midyear investigative decisions we examined in that chapter. We further found evidence that in some instances Strzok and Page advocated for more aggressive
investigative measures in the Midyear investigation such as the use of grand jury subpoenas and search
warrants to obtain evidence.

That's the paragraph immediately preceding what I excerpted. It's clearly not about Comey.

Yeah, and I said the part you quoted was only talking about Comey. You originally left the part about Strzok being biased out, and stated "exhaustive examination of the actual investigation didn't turn up any impropriety". That's not true. There was plenty of impropriety found. Bias among some of the lead investigators, everybody and their uncle didn't follow procedure and policy, made poor decisions. They were also using personal email to do official business themselves, which is an obvious conflict of interest when you're investigating someone who used personal email to do official business.

This investigation was deeply, deeply flawed, and I don't see how we won't get a new one.
edit on 14 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Fast reader you are... and a lawyer too?

Yes, I read quickly. I also type quickly. Is that a bad thing? Not a lawyer though.

Or did you just go by what CNN is reporting right now...

Nope. Do you just say random stuff that comes into your head? You do realize that the first several pages are an executive summary of the rest of the right?

People that are guilty of crimes should be punished.

Sure. I agree. Which crimes would those be?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not to memtion Comey being called insubordinate.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Always looking forward to the next one huh CareWeMust? Every time one fails to bring the results you hope for.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"We found that it was extraordinary and insubordinate for Comey to conceal his intentions from his superiors, the Attorney General and Deputy Attorney General, for the admitted purpose of preventing them from telling him not to make the statement, and to instruct his subordinates in the FBI to do the same," Horowitz’s report says.

Ouch. The report calls Comey "insubordinate," and concludes he was trying to do an end-run around his superiors (which would be Loretta Lynch).

With a statement like that, who can argue that firing Comey wasn't justified?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The report found that the investigative team (my emphasis):

Did not seek to obtain every device, including those of Clinton’s senior aides, or the contents of every email account through which a classified email may have traversed. We found that the reasons for not doing so were based on limitations the Midyear team imposed on the investigation’s scope, the desire to complete the investigation well before the election, and the belief that the foregone evidence was likely of limited value.

The bolded portion is by definition a political consideration. What is a political consideration doing involved in the process of a criminal investigation, no matter how minor of a factor it was? Yet more of a case to get a new investigation. The last one was improperly rushed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join