It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a problem with the log out feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have come here today, and have seen that I was 'logged in". and I only logged in once, the same thing hapened two days ago, I came to check on a post and did not log in but I was "logged in". Now, I came to see if there were any interestinh new posts and noticed I was 'logged in" and I know I logged out today after sending a U2U to a moderator. Wh y is this happening? Is there anyway for me to fix it? I also noticed there are names in the dropdown box that are not mine, one is a friend of my sons, who is griffen something, who has no computer, and uses this one. Other than that there are names in the box that I have never seen before. I am really confused?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Automatically stores your password.
The cookie on your computer lets the server know who you are and saves you from logging in.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The cookie on your computer lets the server know who you are and saves you from logging in.

ditto, try deleting your cache and cookies after you log out, I delete them everytime I close out my browser. And it seems to work for me, I never have a 'problem' of being logged in. Not that it is a huge problem, because I spent about 90 percent of the time on the net surfing ATS.......

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82

Originally posted by infinite

ditto, try deleting your cache and cookies after you log out, I delete them everytime I close out my browser. And it seems to work for me, I never have a 'problem' of being logged in. Not that it is a huge problem, because I spent about 90 percent of the time on the net surfing ATS.......

Or just hit the Kill Cookies button, itll delete all cookies for the site. You have to click it in each of ATS/BTS/PTS, same as Log Out.

[edit on 2-19-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I have no idea what a cache is, or a cookie, I see the words"kill cookie' on here is that what you mean?What is a browser? Sorry, but I don't get what you are saying.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I clicked the cookie button here, but it is still there,
so something is wrong and when I clicked it,
I was logged out? ??? , and the cookie buttton never even left.
I am so confused.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
realorritt -

What type of internet browser do you use? IE? Foxfire? Oprah? MSN? you can delete the cache and cookies from the browser itself.

Open up your Browser:

Lets say you have Foxfire, you go to tools, then options, then privacy, then you click clear, next to cookies, and the same for cashe, and history.

Lets say you have IE, Go to tools, then Internet Options, the tab on the top of the window that opens should say General, then in the middle section of that window, it says temporary internet files, click the buttons that say Delete Cookies, and Delete Files. then one section down, you can also Clear History....

And if you do that and then close your browser, and open again, or just go to ATS you should be logged out, and it shoulndn't have remembered anything.

Clearing your cache, and files/cookies is like erasing the memory of your browser!! so hopefully this works for ya.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask away, here, u2u or yahoo.......

good luck

edit: and let me know if this does the trick!!

[edit on 2/20/2005 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I did what you told me to do, but I can still see the kill cookie sign, it never leaves?? ? Does everyone have a cookie that they can't get rid of?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by realorritt
I did what you told me to do, but I can still see the kill cookie sign, it never leaves?? ? Does everyone have a cookie that they can't get rid of?

You will always see the
button. It won't disappear after you press it. It's a function of the board not a reflection of the cookies on your computer.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Oh I think I undestand, computers have cookies
and so does this board.
Thank You.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
glad you understand it realoritt, so you don't have the problem of being "logged in" anymore??

i hope this thread answered all of your questions

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm glad I know now, and it was you who helped me learn how to delete the things, but I am no computer whiz, and have a lot to learn. Kinglizard knew exactly what I meant by the log out button, now the confusion has become clear- in that area anyways.Thanks Sarah

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
your welcome realorritt, anytime you need help, don't hesitate to ask, ATS is good like that giving help to their members that need it!!!
-sarah

new topics

top topics

join