It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Word Leaders Managed to Find An Agreement at the G7... Then Trump Tweeted.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The U.S. image was going down the drain big-time in those days.

I think world leaders and the world outside of America really, really don't like Trump. America is no longer an impressive power-house of economics and military might but a drunken buffoon stumbling around the world stage.

Trump is weakening America's standing in the world but people are so blinded by 'what about her emails?!' that they can't see what a disaster this presidency is.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What's with this insistence that we need to a part of global agreements to have dignity as a nation?

Since when has it become the norm to conflate globalist economic relations with success as a nation?

Last I checked the people of the UK wanted out of the EU because ultimately it was not in their best interest and people weren't classifying the British folks as "bufoons."

But then again, the hatred for Trump is what shapes the critics' opinion of what's geopolitically successful these days. This madness is gonna hit a solid brick way soon enough.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Admit it, Missy:

edit on 9-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I would have respected Obama if he has shown some backbone like Trump does, rather then the spineless, sissy behavior we saw all through the Obama administration. Obamas hate America, and Trump loves America.

I've seen photos of Obama bowing down really low to certain world leaders. CNN praised him for his agility and respect. The U.S. image was going down the drain big-time in those days.

LOL. Do you even believe in the crap you post? Please be honest.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Our country is great. It has always been great. We don't need anybody to make it "great again". We need someone to make it progress, not regress.

It's been "great" because of the way we have done things. Things within our own borders, and managing our relationships with those beyond them. I could name many of them and call them to your attention, but if you don't know what they are by now, you won't ever. I assume you do.

Trump is in the process of dismantling those things that have made the country great. Within our borders and beyond.
If he is allowed to continue for more than one term, he will be our undoing. Unless of course, he suddenly becomes intelligent and educated and looks at the third world country he's created and asks "Who Knew"?

Yes and no. Liberals have been saying forever that the US needs improvement on issues from race to poverty. Why is it suddenly "already great" when it's conservatives saying a different version in some way. I actually agree with the apparently former liberal position, but find your comment disingenuous.

Further, I hope you realize that for decades the US has often acted in a unilateral and aggressive manner across the world.. This too used to be the liberal position, at least in the 60's and during the Bush years. It's mine still. Lots to improve still.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

This man(?) is a menace to the world.

You bet Turdeau is. Among other leaders in the EU.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Actually NK nuking US would make Trump / the GOP / the DNC / the MSM / the CIA look good as itd justify all the alarmist hair on fire jingoistic obsessionism they put into tiny NK. Its the one thing all those all agree on, but if you listen to the people of South Korea and how they are NOT obsessed with NK trivial chest pounding (too often instigated by US rutt strutting) its screamingly obvious a non-issue. Not to mention one that isnt even our business except our rulers have made it their little pet project of a place they hope to attack one day.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
What's with this insistence that we need to a part of global agreements to have dignity as a nation?

Since when has it become the norm to conflate globalist economic relations with success as a nation?

The half of the world is dependent on your filthy Petro dollar. You end up like Gaddafi if you say no to it. And than some dumb American redneck comes here and talks about globbuuhhlists and how USA should get out of every deal. Yeah. You know what would happen to your economy if you did that?! Your country would become a violent third world # hole in no time

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Haters gonna hate no matter what though. I personally wish we'd pull out of everywhere but someone is sure to call it isolationism if we don't do the imperial thang lol."Isms" are the only thing haters love in a co-dependent kind o' way.

History informs the future and Rome burns to the sound of a lonesome but happy fiddle.

edit on 9-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

The half of the world is dependent on your filthy Petro dollar. You end up like Gaddafi if you say no to it. And than some dumb American redneck comes here and talks about globbuuhhlists and how USA should get out of every deal. Yeah. You know what would happen to your economy if you did that?! Your country would become a violent third world # hole in no time

If we as Americans withdrew from global trade, it would open up more jobs than we have people for.
It would also strengthen our economy and put the rest of the world in a difficult position. Remember just one of our states is the 6th greatest economy in the world.
Your pipe dream is sadly incorrect.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: FyreByrd

If I were Putin, and I could, I'd be doing EXACTLY what our President is doing in order to place a wedge between the US and its NATO partners. Funny how the Right can't see it.

Why are you so worried about keeping partners that we have to pay to keep happy?

If Trump wants to eliminate all tariffs then everyone wins but they don't want that because they want to have an advantage over us.

You want them to keep the advantage over us because you don't want to upset them.

That's the mentality of a loser.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Lol. Thats exactly what they said before and during WW2. America is an isolationist blah blah blah. Then they all came begging for these isolationists to save them from their own ego games.

posted on Jun, 9 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I take it you weren't an economics major.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I take it you weren't an economics major.

He was a major error :-)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

World economy would crash and millions would die across europe and asia. Bottom line without the US the world economy would fall apart within a month.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Vermin. Higher class but still vermin.

Vermin infects everything with pestilence and disease and eats up and destroys all your stuff that you worked for!

Talk about trickle down!!

It's almost a sign from God!

edit on 6 10 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31

Lol. Thats exactly what they said before and during WW2. America is an isolationist blah blah blah. Then they all came begging for these isolationists to save them from their own ego games.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
who cares what Canada thinks, by Canada

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
who cares what Canada thinks, by Canada

Hard to argue with this guy.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

How eloquent! Not really a big fan of book-learning there are ya Butch...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join