It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Not Reporting Rapes - Sexual Assaults - Incest - Child Abuse.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Don't quite understand the federal and state mandates behind reporting things like statutory rape, do you?

I don't care how you want to spin it, these Title X facilities MUST report instances of statutory rape, which absolutely means an instance of an underage woman coming in pregnant--whether it was "consensual" or not (age matters in legal ability to consent).

So, it absolutely is the job of Planned Parenthood to report these issues--by law. Why would you claim otherwise? I absolutely is NOT the "sole choice of the people to whome that information refers, namely the patients themselves."

You need to better understand our laws here in America before incorrectly asserting opinion as fact.

But to ease your mind, patients don't HAVE TO talk to authorities about what happened, the medical facility just has to report the case of statutory rape (or other assault communicated to them).

You are very good at presenting subjective opinion as fact, but if you really want to discuss this logically, you should research the reporting laws prior to claiming that PP doesn't have a responsibility to report these incidents of rape and/or abuse.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Careful. Counter protesting is why people seem to think that Antifa is a hate group/fascist group now.

Actually, it's because of the violence and destruction and utter contempt for the law that Antifa displays.

But something tells me that you already knew that.

And you should also know that such ways of "protesting" are illegal.

I bet you already know that, too, though.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I didn't mean to assume. But as you've expressed, you feel like any pregnant, underage, female should be subjected to a police investigation.

The fact is, despite what you claim, most jurisdictions do not consider sex between minors to be a felony. And that is where most teenage pregnancies occur. Sex between teenagers.

So if sex between teenagers is not statutory rape, and there's no signs of sexual assault, why should a doctor be required to refer a patient to the authorities?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Discuss this logically?

Hmm, so how is this a logical statement "patients don't HAVE TO talk to authorities about what happened, the medical facility just has to report the case of statutory rape"? Clearly, a report will instigate investigation, which will, without question or exception result in victims being put to question by the authorities.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
all we have to do is look at the right's response to the me too movement, look at how they respond when a group of high school football players are accused of gang raping some poor girl to know that they aren't in the least bit sincere in this...
heck on of the guys cooperating with the mueller investigation is a convicted child sex abuser who was welcomed at the white house for several visits... then there's moore's accusations, trump's own accusations, the republican's slush funds to pay off their own sexual misadventures....

but any excuse will do, even the ones that are only substantiated with doctored up video clips, when it comes to planned parenthood!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Discuss this logically?

Hmm, so how is this a logical statement "patients don't HAVE TO talk to authorities about what happened, the medical facility just has to report the case of statutory rape"? Clearly, a report will instigate investigation, which will, without question or exception result in victims being put to question by the authorities.

Let's break it down in the simplest of ways, shall we?

Police can questions someone.

Said person does not have to answer questions.

Ergo--and I'll quote you quoting me, here--"'patients don't HAVE TO talk to authorities about what happened...'"

I thought that was a rather simple and understandable point to make. So, where is the misunderstanding and lack of comprehension of that reality?

I mean, it's appropriate to cite this reality in a logical discussion, is it not? Would you have to talk to police in the UK in such instances?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I didn't mean to assume. But as you've expressed, you feel like any pregnant, underage, female should be subjected to a police investigation.

Not what I said at all--I pointed out the law and the probable reason as to why there is a requested investigation into the skirting of said law by Planned Parenthood.

I don't believe that I've expressed any feelings concerning individuals being investigated by police--like, at all. In fact, I've specifically noted via a quote from a women's organization that these girls' experiences that PP must report does not mean that these girls must talk to police about it.

That's kind of the opposite of what you just claimed.

The fact is, despite what you claim, most jurisdictions do not consider sex between minors to be a felony. And that is where most teenage pregnancies occur. Sex between teenagers.

Well, I never said anything about felonious assault, either, unless you inferred that from "statutory rape," which in hindsight was a misnomer and over-generalization.

Yes, different states have different laws, and often times, depending on ages of people involved (even if both are under the age of consent), charges can be filed and often are by the parents of the affected teenagers--and "Romeo and Juliet" exceptions do exist in some states (and rightfully so, IMO), protecting the sexual activities of two underage teens.

So if sex between teenagers is not statutory rape, and there's no signs of sexual assault, why should a doctor be required to refer a patient to the authorities?

Well, as I noted before--because it's required by law. At the very least, a pregnant under-the-age-of-consent girl is blatant evidence of what many states refer to as sexual assault or sexual abuse, but cannot be know for sure if it falls under another category unless asked. And don't forget that even sex with people over the age of consent by certain people (say, teachers or people in positions of authority over the individual) is still illegal, so there are a lot of reasons why police should probably be contacted--but as I've noted, that doesn't mean that the patient MUST divulge information to the police nor press charges simply because the incident needs to be reported by law.
edit on 11-6-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

And people who have been victimised and controlled by others, are rarely capable of refusing, even if it would harm their minds greatly to discuss the matter at all.

So the effect of what you are saying is, that you are perfectly comfortable with someone having their mental health further endangered, as long as your way of doing things is the one that wins out, as long as the law, rather than anything remotely morally or ethically sound, is followed, to the exclusion of all things including a persons psychological safety.

That is just awful.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Your fetish for judging others on this site is what is "just awful."

Like I had to explain already, but will do again for you (which is a repetitive theme on ATS, it seems): Just because I point out laws and explain how they affect different parties to an incident in no way means that I am "perfectly comfortable" with any or all of the law or procedure around it. Coming to such conclusions is simply silly.

You make these ignorant claims about me on a regular basis. Stop--it's a pathetic attempt at demonizing others to pretend that their comments lack any sort of factual basis or any merit whatsoever. It is, in fact, your favorite tactic, and it's a tired one.

And in the interest of intellectual integrity, your version of how a sexual assault affects someone mentally is not the only thing that happens...but way to cherry pick. And if you're on the bandwagon of PP as much as you seem to be, you should have full confidence in their on-site counselors who would protect these kids/people from discussion traumatic events in a dangerous way.

I get the feeling that I have unfortunately had much more experience dealing directly or indirectly with victims of such assaults than you have, but I'm sure that in your experience, it's always best just to sweep such suspicions or evidence of sexual assaults under the rug and not have to report them at all--especially in those instances where these victims were taken to PP by their abusers and were sent back home with them for the abuse to continue, all while PP ignored state laws about reporting the illegal behavior that could have stopped it from that point forward in the victims' lives. It's always better for the human psyche to never have to deal with such traumas, for sure. Suppress and bottle it up, because that always works out well in the end.

I knew that I shouldn't have responded to you, considering that you ignored any relevant questions that I asked of you and instead went straight to trying to make me sound like an awful, heartless buffoon. Misconstrue comments and force your subjective idea of moral superiority on someone else--I'm bored with such silliness.

And just for fun, here is a link to my state's reporting requirements, which shows that not all reporting has to be to law enforcement: KCADV: Mandatory Reporting. That matters when you're making the leap over logic that "reporting" always means calling the police.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

And don't forget that even sex with people over the age of consent by certain people (say, teachers or people in positions of authority over the individual) is still illegal, so there are a lot of reasons why police should probably be contacted--but as I've noted, that doesn't mean that the patient MUST divulge information to the police nor press charges simply because the incident needs to be reported by law.

so... should we question every women who shows up at the doctor's office pregnant, since ya know it might be the result of a crime? and, sure they don't actually have to answer the questions, but most people will automatically feel pressure to when the person asking is a cop.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstarso... should we question every women who shows up at the doctor's office pregnant, since ya know it might be the result of a crime? and, sure they don't actually have to answer the questions, but most people will automatically feel pressure to when the person asking is a cop.

Sure, because that's exactly what I and the laws have said is a requirement.

/sarc

So, are you intentionally trying to outdo TrueBrit's misrepresentation of what I say and misunderstanding of the laws, or is it just in your nature to keep pace with the silliness?

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The kill babies in the womb.

Why would anyone think they'd give any more care to a child once it's up and running?

No surprise here.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

if they are minors and/or have injuries which indicates rape or abuse then yes... the job of the law is to protect people from rapists and the like, regardless of peoples feelings. not reporting makes you complicit in the possible future rape and abuse of that victim, and other women/girls that individual rapes and abuses in the future.

it's a simple matter of responsibility towards protecting the community, not feelings and statistics.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

the key words are have injuries that indicate rape. somehow I got the impression that some were interpreting that as consensual sex between two teenage kids, which would just about open up every minor girl going into a medical clinic for birth control open for interrogation.

but, personally, I have more faith that planned parenthood is following the laws than I do that the source of this story is actually presenting something factual...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join