It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Not Reporting Rapes - Sexual Assaults - Incest - Child Abuse.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Still better than the plight of women in the Republic of Ireland who had to catch a ferry or plane to Britain for an abortion until recent weeks.
Northern Ireland UK women still have to come to Britain for their abortions.
I was watching a few interviews on 'the news' last night and because the Northern Irish government still won't play nice and form an administration, the UK government is considering changing their law by act of Parliament to allow abortions.
Massive political gamble by the UK government though, many in NI would be unhappy, for the decision, and the interference by London in NI affairs.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's funny how you want news outlets to hung for treason and yet you use a source that is very clearly biased.

If we dig in to this even more, it looks like the members of Congress backing this are using Live Action as their source. An organization that has been linked to Project Veritas' James O'Keefe and has employed similar tactics (ie selective editing of videos).

Any member of Congress that is still trying to legislate based off what they saw on YouTube should be immediately removed from office.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yikes! That's scary.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It is, the political fallout/demonstrations 'could' be a concern for sure.
The UK government/establishment has been more vocal lately for womens health, a London council recently banned protests within 100 metres of it's abortion clinics to stop poor women running the gauntlet of hate...
MSM UK Newspaper

Ealing’s three-year Public Spaces Protection Order bans groups congregating within 100 metres of the clinic, which carries out about 7,000 abortions a year. Demonstrators are also prohibited from shouting, displaying posters and playing recordings about abortion in the area. Anyone who breaches the order can be arrested and charged.
Now I know all about the freedom of speech can of worms, but those poor women at a desperately low point in their lives can now get a taxi to the door of the clinic and walk in without being subjected to such poisonous abuse.
So yep, I support the decision of that council.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

It is, the political fallout/demonstrations 'could' be a concern for sure.
The UK government/establishment has been more vocal lately for womens health, a London council recently banned protests within 100 metres of it's abortion clinics to stop poor women running the gauntlet of hate...

Damn. I wish they'd do that here. If you ever want to see how hateful Christians can be, go to an abortion clinic and just watch and listen to the awful AWFUL things those people say to expectant women going into those clinics. It's horrid.

Now I know all about the freedom of speech can of worms, but those poor women at a desperately low point in their lives can now get a taxi to the door of the clinic and walk in without being subjected to such poisonous abuse.
So yep, I support the decision of that council.

Good.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well at least there is a "Source"

Sure beats the heck out of all the other news stories claiming information from an "unnamed source"

Just saying ....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
If you ever want to see how hateful Christians can be, go to an abortion clinic and just watch and listen to the awful AWFUL things those people say to expectant women going into those clinics. It's horrid.
I know, awful, I can only imagine how distressing it was for women having to run through a crowd of hate at possibly one of the lowest points of their life.
I expect more city councils to follow suit now because the protesters will target different clinics instead.

I'm all for protest, heck I've been arrested lots of times for protest and civil disobedience, but my gut tells me that 'freedom of speech' is not supreme when it's essentially attacking vulnerable women.
I'd counter protest and end up fighting if it happened at a clinic near me, and all my mates would.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Excuse me, but it is not Planned Parenthoods job, or decision what information about their patients is disclosed to the authorities. That is the sole choice of the people to whom that information refers, namely the patients themselves. If a person decides that in the interests of their mental state remaining in what little peace they might be able to maintain, they will not divulge to the authorities, the details of crimes committed against them by others, then no matter how terrible the offense done to that person, it is no ones business but theirs as to how the information pertaining to them is used, whether it is passed on or not.

I have no doubt whatsoever, that if a young lady were to walk into a Planned Parenthood facility, request termination services as a result of being sexually assaulted, by the milkman, postman or even by a family member, and also that the Planned Parenthood director on site call the police in order to begin the process of reporting the crime, that someone at the facility would indeed get on the phone.

But I also believe that if a person comes into one of those facilities tired, frightened, and on the verge of nervous collapse, begging to receive a termination, but also utterly unwilling to go into, or report the nature of the pregnancy and the intercourse that lead to it, then as utterly heart breaking as that is, that decision HAS to be up to the patient, it can never be anyone elses decision. Never. The moment that power gets taken away, you can be certain that the reasons for its removal from their grasp have more to do with someone elses puritanism, than they ever do to do with helping the victim of an act of abuse.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Careful. Counter protesting is why people seem to think that Antifa is a hate group/fascist group now.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Careful. Counter protesting is why people seem to think that Antifa is a hate group/fascist group now.

Haha! I've never worn a mask though, I'll take my public arrest with pride if I'm protesting something because I believe in.
And absolutely, if any poisonous hate filled Christians protested at a clinic near me then I'd be with many mates telling them what we think about how they are treating our women.

Most abortions are done at the major hospitals here, and being large NHS campuses protesters can't try it on there at the womens health wards...but if they could they'd get a massive counter protest.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

it's funny how it's probably the same group of legislatures who are griping that the mueller investigation has been going on far too long, wasting far too much money and time are so eager to jump back into investigations into planned parenthood so soon after their last flop...
relying on the same "sources" that are continually shown to be spreading what is very close to being misinformation...
although much of it can be considered misinformation and downright knowingly lying.

but, continue on...

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Good grief. Worse than I even thought, you people (yes, I understand that phrase offends you and that's exactly why I'm using it) aren't even talking about PP except in the context of Christian-bashing.

What the hell is wrong with you? You people need therapy.

And dare I say prayer?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
And dare I say prayer?

No thanks. I gave at the office.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Maybe you are looking at this from one angle but not another. Have you had a friend get raped and impregnated at a young age? Why would that young girl want to bring this instance to light? They would face ridicule and retribution in that area for the rest of their life. I completely understand them not reporting the issue depending on the situation. But the situation is very circumstantial.

I think that you're missing the point. I'll look End Violence Against Women Int'l for better guidance for you (edited down to pertinent sentences...check the link for more in-depth points):

Q If a sexual assault victim comes in with injuries, should the health care provider report it to law enforcement?

All U.S. states mandate medical professionals to report sexual assault when the victim is a child (as defined by state law). In addition, most states require medical professionals to report sexual assault when the victim is a dependent adult.

The majority of states do not require health care professionals to report sexual assault of a competent adult, however they may still require a report if the victim presents with certain types of injury including those that are non-accidental, result from violent crime, or involve the use of a weapon that is either described as “deadly” or specified in some other way (e.g., firearm, knife).

Finally, a few states have medical mandated reporting for intimate partner violence. In these states, if a patient discloses that a sexual assault occurred within the context of intimate partner violence then the responding medical professional will be obliged to report the assault to law enforcement.

The amount of information required in a mandated report also varies by state. Some states do not require that the victim’s name or other identifying information be provided, while other states require not only the victim’s name but also detailed information about the suspect if available (e.g., name, age, location) and the nature of the sexual assault (e.g., date, location, basic description).

Finally, a few states have medical mandated reporting for intimate partner violence. In these states, if a patient discloses that a sexual assault occurred within the context of intimate partner violence then the responding medical professional will be obliged to report the assault to law enforcement.

To be clear, however, just because a medical professional is mandated by state law to report a sexual assault it does not mean that the victim is required to personally talk with law enforcement.

So, the reality is that ALL states require reporting of sexual assault and violence in certain instances, and most/many require it in even more instances as well.

You'll note that the outrage is that Planned Parenthood is not reporting statutory rape, and the congressional letter specifically notes "instances where Planned Parenthood failed in its duty to report suspected child abuse to local authorities and to HHS.”

In these instances, it's not about only viewing this from one angle, because the only angle that matters in this regard is the laws governing reporting the instances.

If Planned Parenthood is intentionally disregarding legal reporting mandates, this is just another notch in their belt of, at the very least, unethical and immoral decisions that reflect poorly on them receiving federal tax funding.

I have personally seen more than one local doctor's office get shut down for failing to pay taxes and/or medicare fraud--both illegal acts that ignore or purposefully break federal laws. Why should Planned Parenthood be treated differently and not investigated by federal authorities and, if breaking federal law, be shut down or (at the very least) lose tax-payer funding?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I can see your argument. At the same time, these patients aren't going to PP for sexual assault. They're going weeks later because they found out their pregnant.

By then most signs of sexual assault will no longer be visible. Odds are just as likely, if not more, that any underage girl going in for an abortion was impregnated by their teenage boyfriend.

So if PP has no reason to suspect sexual assault then what obligation do they have to report it?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Beautiful, deep and truthful post.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I can see your argument. At the same time, these patients aren't going to PP for sexual assault. They're going weeks later because they found out their pregnant.

By then most signs of sexual assault will no longer be visible. Odds are just as likely, if not more, that any underage girl going in for an abortion was impregnated by their teenage boyfriend.

So if PP has no reason to suspect sexual assault then what obligation do they have to report it?

If they are under the age of consent it doesn't matter if they show signs of sexual assault! It should be reported.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

As far as I'm aware, consensual sex between minors is not a sex crime. That's going to be the more likely cause for teenage pregnancy.

Because of things like HIPAA, any medical professional has to walk a fine line. Unless PP has clear evidence sexual assault has occurred, they're not going to go to the authorities.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I didn't say that they have an obligation to report something that they cannot detect or was not told to them.

No offense, but that's a very odd thing to ask me, because that's neither what I said, what the requested investigation revolves around, nor is it what the law necessitates.

Of course no one can report something that they don't know about.

But like Seeker noted, if a child comes in and is pregnant under the age of consent, that's statutory rape and it's an automatic reporting. We must address the reality that these medical facilities need to employ common sense and err on the side of caution.

edit on 8-6-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: dawnstar

Wow. We're becomming a third-world country in regard to women's health and people want to take away the only source for care that many women have?

What country are we living in???

putin's Manchurian candidate winner....trumpy Amerika

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join