It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration agents arrest 114 in landscaper sting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Instead of working to create trades and skilled training programs they allowed floods of illegal labor.

there's PPLLLENNNNTTTYYYYY of people willing to work in the trades this is a lie used by bigger construction companies who want cheaper labor

if there is an unfilled skilled trade position it's because the company isn't paying enough to fill it it's that simple

I can make a single post on a jobs board on facebook and get 15 applicants overnight with experiences and tools just begging for more work BEGGING FOR IT

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

How is not allowing "under the table" remotely the same as raising the base costs of everything with a min wage jump?

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I don't care who create the problem stop building a strawman

it doesn't make a damn difference who create the problem we are talking about the impacts of the problems on the market and yes it's because of illegal labor

the !=logic

Of coarse it does. Because you are following a scapegoat around.

If the problem were to be solved it would include

Worker verification mandatory
Visa programs for labor voids
High penalty for employers
And a system for extended visa while the millions here are sorted out who is useful and productive and who is not.

But no you follow the scapegoat. The illegal themselves. Hence nothing ever gets solved because it's easy for you to put your anger on them, they are why your wages are low.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: mtnshredder

Really. They came here and forcibly took over jobs?

Lol. Keep fighting that culture war bro. It will never be solved.

Yes, they fricken did in some trades and states. Like I said you don't know what your talking about and you're not seeing the reality of the situation. I've been working with illegals most of my life and have become friends with many, they have even have told me their game and how they work it themselves. You're wrong on so many fronts. On that note I'm out, you can try and blow smoke up someone else's caboose.
edit on 5-6-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

How is not allowing "under the table" remotely the same as raising the base costs of everything with a min wage jump?

For one min wage areally not all jobs.

Two the areas are food production and housing. Hard to avoid those.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Yes, they fricken did in some trades and states. Like I said you don't know what your talking about and you're not seeing the reality of the situation. I've been working with illegals most of my life and have become friends with many, they have even have told me their game and how they work it themselves. You're wrong on so many fronts. On that note I'm out, you can try and blow smoke up someone else's caboose.

Awh..
You can't prove it with any real info and are mad?

I have been a carpenter my whole life. You know what I did? I stopped crying about poor me and trained myself in niches to make more money.

I worked in Austin for 10 years. Was it a shock coming from journeyman training yeah...

But it isn't the illegals fault. I am a really good carpenter. I didn't spend my money in drink and blow and fixed up houses I lived in. I got ahead..

They could have stopped the illegals. They didn't want to so they came up with this argument for you.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Instead of working to create trades and skilled training programs they allowed floods of illegal labor.

there's PPLLLENNNNTTTYYYYY of people willing to work in the trades this is a lie used by bigger construction companies who want cheaper labor

if there is an unfilled skilled trade position it's because the company isn't paying enough to fill it it's that simple

I can make a single post on a jobs board on facebook and get 15 applicants overnight with experiences and tools just begging for more work BEGGING FOR IT

What are the actual numbers?

Oh right you have no idea.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

actual numbers of what you didn't qualify your question with proper context?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

For one min wage areally not all jobs.

Two the areas are food production and housing. Hard to avoid those.

A mandatory pay rate will travel up the chain.

John gets 15 now and Bob, who was at 15 now demands 20. It will go all the way up and be absorbed by the customer.

The problem with these wages is that people will actually work for them, out of necessity, or they are too stupid to place a value on their limited time here on earth. No one should dictate how valuable your life is. That is your job.

From the employer side it's "let's see how cheap we can get employees for", from the sales side, same thing "how much will people actually pay?"

You can't just allow a group of people into an industry void of all the expenses we are required to pay to survive.

I say nail them to the wall -employers and the invading illegal financial migrants.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added.corr

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Of carpentry jobs available if we deported every illegal vs number of American carpenter trained and ready to go. You know reality.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

OK so when Jose goes home the 3 million or whatever in agriculture and now they are 15 an hour (30 after workman's comp etc) that travels up to the consumer.

Same with housing.

I think the rational non dogmatic approach is
Verify mandatory.
Temporary visa with no welfare
And large fines for employers

Easy peasy

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Awh..
You can't prove it with any real info and are mad?

I gave you real info dude, besides I don't have to prove a damn thing to YOU and you don't seem to be comprehending anything I've said anyways, so what's the use. I know what I know because it's directly effected me and it's fact. The illegals have even told me how much of their world works, but of course you probably think thats false too.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I comprehend it it's a common narrative.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

We don't have the problem with illegals taking carpentry jobs in Iowa.

Commifornia and any other illegal labor dependant states can go pound sand.

They made their own beds by not enforcing the laws.

I agree to arrest the illegal aliens and the businesses hiring them.

Our social services are tied to our taxes.

No es bueno.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

I'm a carpenter they are completely full of s***

I work on every kind of commercial and residential job in the market illegals have literally crushed the industry in a dozen states at least

there is no need for real world life experience

not when there is an agenda narrative to push foward
sarc

Look up the real numbers fella there aren't enough carpenters. Now that illegals are being shut down prices are increasing and real labor shortages are happening.

Good, I hope it does slow down and labor is in demand. Wages would start to go back up to where they should be instead of the current slave wages. Are you just not getting this or what?

I get it fine.

since you know basic economics.

Do ya? Apparently I know more about it than you do. Since you're coming off as some financial genius , let us know how big your "sales tax" reimbursement check is that you mentioned. LOL WTF.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Do you eat food in Iowa? Your carpenters would probably go to the states with massive voids and it would effect you...

And by the way California pays in to the government, Iowa requires money from the government.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

It is because of votes..

80+% of immigrants vote democrat..

Why do you think the Dems are overly supportive of immigration and the gop is overly against it???

Even if they let them work but not have citizenship. They will have children/spouses/friends here who will vote.

That is what it is all really about.

The gop has only won one popular vote for the presidency in almost 20 years so they have been pulling out all the stops to stay relevant. ..the only reason they have maintained power is by gerrymandering the rural areas that have less oversight and they are backed by all the big oil, pharma , private prison lobby’s.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Pretty big. I have three kids. For my business I am exempt.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Building a home in southwestern Ohio through Ryan Homes. I hope I.C.E. Doesn’t go snooping around their home building operation until AFTER my home is built. Those are some fast and hardworking employees who seem to do a good job. Pretty stereotypical of me to question their citizenship but I’d put money on one or two of them not being here legally.

I’m a little torn on immigration and it’s probably from a mostly selfish view. Most of these guys are here doing jobs most Americans are to fat or lazy to do. They bust their tails in crappy weather for a job that pays pennies. They send their profits home and keep their heads down and mouths shut so as not to get caught. Theres something admirable about that.

I know plenty of people who could do that kind of work and need the money but think it’s beneath them. Yet they struggle from month to month to pay their $500 car note, $100 a month cell phone bil, and $150 cable/internet package. They’re usually the first to be screaming for immigration reform not knowing that if our borders were completely secure, they wouldn’t be able to afford a lot of the stuff they take for granted.

On the flip side, not all of these transient workers are good people. They bring drugs and gang activities with them. They allow companies to make more of a profit instead of paying appropriate wages. And they feed off the American taxpayer system.

Just wait until September to be safe before you raid Ryan Homes! Lol

Jk...jk...they’re all totally legal citizens.
edit on 5-6-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Do we eat food in Iowa?

Yeah, we have the best meat and corn in the country.

AS well as the best quality of life.

California is a wasteland outside of the farming and hills.

Concentrating millions of people to extract taxes from isn't really impressive.

I would have to check your statement, it seems bankruptcy and other mismanagement issues in CA are in the news about daily.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: corr

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join