It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration agents arrest 114 in landscaper sting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The agents came quietly.

They surrounded the perimeters.

They got 114 illegal immigrants working for a landscaping company in Ohio.

Some had stolen i.d. !!

Others were legal.

I.C.E. Boom 😲

Immigration agents arrest 114 in landscaper sting

U.S. immigration agents made more than 100 arrests Tuesday at an Ohio gardening and landscaping company, one of the largest such stings in recent years and part of the Trump administration's growing crackdown on employers for hiring people who are in the country illegally.

The 114 arrests occurred at two locations of Corso's Flower & Garden Center, one in Sandusky, a resort city on Lake Erie, and another in nearby Castalia. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said it expected criminal charges including identity theft and tax evasion.

No criminal charges have been filed against Corso's, but the employer is under investigation, authorities said. Two locations were searched, and Khaalid Walls, an agency spokesman, said "a large volume of business documents" were seized.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Garden center stealing jobs from Americans...there is only one thing to do...

And shut down the business for illegal practice and seize lost taxes owing for paying illegal workers.

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

No criminal charges have been filed against Corso's

That right there is the biggest part of the problem.
edit on 5-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We had better lock up their children then disappear them into the system.

SOP

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

No criminal charges have been filed against Corso's

That right there is the biggest part of the problem.

Yes. Again, enforce the existing laws, and see if that helps. In this case, it did. Now punish the guy who hired them knowingly and let others know that such violations will be met with harsh penalties. this is how businesses can compete unfairly with others who play by the rules.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could make it easier for immigrants to legally work and PAY TAXES like some of us have to.
It might fix two problems with one stone.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Waiting for the raid on Tyson Chicken....

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Lost taxes?!?!

The vast majority of illegals pay taxes, but never file a return. Now maybe landscaping the owner was paying them cash, but only if his whole buisness was off the books and he wasn’t paying taxes at all..

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

And in probably 90% of every eating establishment in America.

edit on 5-6-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sarcasm on.

Maybe we could create a citizenship exchange program. For every illegal working and making the economy better we deport one citizen on welfare that refuses to work.

Sarcasm off.

I don't understand why we go after those who work. They are in some way a benefit to our society, a contributing member.

I would love to see us tighten our borders then enact laws that make it simple for anyone who has proven capable of maintaining employment to become a legal citizen.

It would make sense to make these laws temporary. Something that would allow us to fix the problem today without opening a can of worms for tomorrow.

Add****

Just in case someone in Trumpland is listening. What better way to show minorities you have their best intrest in mind by protecting and aiding the illegal immigrants who are currently employed.

Imagine the boost to the GOP if a Republican President did something positive for immigration. That would completely destroy the lefts argument against the GOP when it comes to immigration and may encourage many immigrants to rethink about the dynamics of partisan politics.

edit on 5-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Um....

I’m pretty sure that has been the democrat line for ages..

The gop line is kick them all out they are stealing jobs and committing crime..

The rightwing propaganda factor says the democrats want open boarders and blah, blah, blah..

The real problem is a political one.

Because of the gops decision to demonize them and demogoge them. Like 80% vote democrat..

Then the kids they have here vote democrat..

That’s the real reason the democrats want a fast path to citizenship as possible and the gop just wants them gone.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Waiting for the raid on Tyson Chicken....

lol
that is funny
near me is a pilgrims pride processing plant and town full of mexican workers

like the whole town of 30,000 people the majority are mexican

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Who is gonna cut the grass now?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Do it themselves...if they know how....

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Hopefully he means the owners. The business owners employing the 8 million are the real problem.

Can't get a job without an employer. They are the cheats.

When I worked in Texas for 10 years it was a sanctuary state. Every residentual construction crew was illegal. From Lubbock to Houston. Probably millions. Employers paying zero taxes on the labor. Usually not even getting Porta cans for them.

Funny but the Republican governors, AG, and state legislature has never been called out. Just those cooky Californians...
edit on 5-6-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Wait did you think this was about fixing a problem?

Silly it's about dividing the bases.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Point here.

Legal immigrants - WENT thru legal process to weed out criminals, RECEIVED health checks to live next door to you and serve you and your family food

Illegal Immigrant - AVOIDED legal process, for reasons unknown, NO health check for infectious diseases. Keep in mind they will still live next door to you and potentially work in food service.

Do you see the difference ?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Hopefully he means the owners. The business owners employing the 8 million are the real problem.

Can't get a job without an employer. They are the cheats.

When I worked in Texas for 10 years it was a sanctuary state. Every residentual construction crew was illegal. From Lubbock to Houston. Probably millions. Employers paying zero taxes on the labor. Usually not even getting Porta cans for them.

Funny but the Republican governors, AG, and state legislature has never been called out. Just those cooky Californians...

I didn't know that. I'm assuming that goes back a bit and the current crop in Austin wouldn't be culpable. Hopefully that's moving in the right direction these days.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: network dude

Um....

I’m pretty sure that has been the democrat line for ages..

The gop line is kick them all out they are stealing jobs and committing crime..

The rightwing propaganda factor says the democrats want open boarders and blah, blah, blah..

The real problem is a political one.

Because of the gops decision to demonize them and demogoge them. Like 80% vote democrat..

Then the kids they have here vote democrat..

That’s the real reason the democrats want a fast path to citizenship as possible and the gop just wants them gone.

Um...yes, I am aware. Since you pointed this out, I changed my mind and am totally against illegals, send them all back where they came from. (is that better?)

Seriously, the word "illegal" is the part of the whole thing that makes those of us on the right angry, so I get the resentment. But I believe that making it easier for the good ones to be here and pay taxes makes sense, and allows for the bad ones to be sent back without all the bleeding hearts getting upset. They are going to be here regardless, so we may as well get paid.

But if Trump came out for that platform, I'd wager Pelosi would be sure all the left was against it.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
good, there's perfectly healthy and willing Americans who will do that job is the market value of that job is high enough

artificially decreasing the value of the landscaping market has taken it from a legitimate trade business to slavery with the use of illegal labor

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well considering the new Govorner wd the AG I doubt it.

The fact is Texas is still booming. There are labor voids..these things are real which is why season visa and labor shortage visa programs need to happen.

I went to work in 2002 down there because they were literally blanketing the country looking for skilled carpenters, mill wood workers, and cabinet makers. When I arrived it was the wild west..when I left it was the wild west.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join