It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration agents arrest 114 in landscaper sting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

You are very welcome!

Most of those items where learned the hard way for me. lol

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Gothmog

Employing illegals and cheating taxes bigger crime.

No employment no workie no come.

What ?
Again , who sets the penalties and enforces the laws in the case of hiring illegals ?
You may not know , it is the US Federal Government
What Presidential Administration was very lax (nay criminally negligent) on the matter of illegal immigration and employment ?
I am willing to wager that the government is doing their diligence in this case and investigating if the company was complicit in hiring illegal aliens. If the investigation turns out they were , then the fines come in. Not before.
"You got to ask yourself a question " - Clint Eastwood "Dirty Harry"

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

So true.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Lost taxes?!?!

Now maybe landscaping the owner was paying them cash, but only if his whole buisness was off the books and he wasn’t paying taxes at all..

That not true at all. I know people who both pay and get paid under the table without having to be of off the books.

The vast majority of illegals pay taxes, but never file a return.

What proof do you have of this?

edit on 5-6-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

A house built by illegals is cheaper. Period. This has been studied and proven countless times.

Workman's comp, insurance bonding, healthcare, ssi, federal income tax...housing in Texas is cheap.

Cheaper for the buyer or more profit for the builder?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: xuenchen

Sarcasm on.

Maybe we could create a citizenship exchange program. For every illegal working and making the economy better we deport one citizen on welfare that refuses to work.

Sarcasm off.

I don't understand why we go after those who work. They are in some way a benefit to our society, a contributing member.

I would love to see us tighten our borders then enact laws that make it simple for anyone who has proven capable of maintaining employment to become a legal citizen.

It would make sense to make these laws temporary. Something that would allow us to fix the problem today without opening a can of worms for tomorrow.

Add****

Just in case someone in Trumpland is listening. What better way to show minorities you have their best intrest in mind by protecting and aiding the illegal immigrants who are currently employed.

Imagine the boost to the GOP if a Republican President did something positive for immigration. That would completely destroy the lefts argument against the GOP when it comes to immigration and may encourage many immigrants to rethink about the dynamics of partisan politics.

Some industries like landscape gardening allow individuals to charge their own rates. These depend on their personal overheads. An American family business would have the overhead of a house in a safe middle-class area. If illegals move into the area, then they will keep their overheads low by sharing a house in a sketchy area. They can charge 50% less and drive down salaries for everyone.

If this was a problem in Canada, they would probably have a Blue Book of salary pay scales like they do with second hand car prices.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The nail salon industry is really bad with suppliers and salons not charging taxes or skirting license/school hours with their "own" school. You can't compete. It's why you don't see a lot of American owned nail salons. It's also why so many of the salons out there have bad health grades.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

The vast majority of buisnesses take takes out ahead of time.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Cheaper for everyone..

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Only they don't have to if the person is paid under the table, thus, not taxes are taken at all.. thats the point. They do risk being audited.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
double post
edit on 5-6-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Wasn't there an argument that if you pay people more, then they can spend more and the economy thrives...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
So if by some act of sorcery or the wave of a magic wand, all illegals doing manual labor were sent back home tomorrow, please explain, in detail, the positive effects you would see on your daily life. Your life. Immediately. In detail.

People would get their jobs back at a wage that you can actually live on. That alone would contribute a lot of positive changes in our quality of life that has disappeared over the years due to decreasing wages from the impact of illegal immigration.

Quality in craftsmanship would also hopefully come back. I also think more kids would want to apprentice to become journeyman tradesman as they're a dying breed nowadays, literally.

My tax dollars would be spent on something besides supporting and educating people illegally in this country. Education is in a downward spiral as a result of illegal immigration. Test scores are being lowered all across the nation in order for schools to continue receiving Federal funding. One of the public schools where I used to live had 75%+ of their enrollment being illegals. Teachers were having to teach English to kids in High School, ESL is a huge burden on the school systems and takes away teacher resources that could be being used to improve our kids education, not lower it, which is the current trend. This is something that doesn't get talked about much because districts don't want to acknowledge that it's issue. The quality of education is in the crapper in many parts of the country.

Mexico doesn't want to put in the effort to fix the corruption and problems they have and that's why it's the $hit-hole it is. So what do they do? They take the easy lazy way out and just leave to come here where all the groundworks already done for them. When they get here they abuse the hell out of our system. Personally, I'm sick and tired of paying for other people's bad decisions and also tired of people trying to make me feel guilty because of my opinion on said topic. This isn't a race issue for me, it's a legal issue and the lack of enforcement of our immigration laws from the very people that we as a county employe. We pay their salaries to protect us from the very issue they've chosen to ignore. It's a derelict of duty on a massive level and the main reason why I'm glad Trump is prez.
edit on 5-6-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Xtrozero

Cheaper for everyone..

I think builders are greedy and will take advantage of cheap labor for profit. I guess that is just me....

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

polarization is gathering momentum and the danger is that polarized individuals are so busy looking at the wrong issue that they miss what is going on right in front of their eyes. Point in case pro trump and anti trump focus on Muellers strengths or faults but the reality is that the investigation is going to cost a fortune and nothing will be found but the investigators will make a fortune and that was the gameplan all along

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

A house built by illegals is cheaper. Period. This has been studied and proven countless times.

Workman's comp, insurance bonding, healthcare, ssi, federal income tax...housing in Texas is cheap.

Cheaper for the buyer or more profit for the builder?

Cheaper for the buyer. That is well established. Cheaper quality as well, and more profit for the builder through more sales because of cheaper prices.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It's not just the feds. The state government to also has a responsibility to enforce employment laws.

Again every single administration has offered scapegoat responses to this problem. The symbolic wall is no different.

The actual problem is the illegals are embedded in the system that benefits both parties. Either through votes (why some republican don't want pathways) or through profit and donations (why both parties don't want this to go away).

If we allowed controlled vIsa for labor voids, came down hard on illegal employers, and deported those without a visa we could avoid creating higher labor voids in key areas for the consumers like agriculture and housing and discourage the employment of illegals.

As it stands you have people like Tyson foods literally sneaking them in to the country. You had builders doing the same. Actually advertising in Mexico and setting up coyotes.

Everyone knows exactly where to find the illegals they just don't want to create an economic crisis. Every year in SC they come for the planting and the harvest. Everyone knows where they go yet they do nothing.

Pretending it's the democrats only and "sanctuary cities" is just another run around. It's a systemic problem of cost and labor shortage.

People say if those jobs paid more...well they don't if they did cost goes up and the higher pay stops being effective. Particularly with an overnight style solution.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Work visas are issued and tax revenue will increase. Gangs of CA would fall apart and lawbreakers would be less a toll on the prisons. Social services would be made available to more Americans who need it.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Maybe they would actually have enough housing for aging populations

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Cheaper quality as well, and more profit for the builder through more sales because of cheaper prices.

Why cheaper quality? You ever see Mexicans poor concrete, mud drywall, lay bricks, roof...? Much of it is perfection.

Cheaper prices doesn't mean more sales when dealing with houses as it does with crops. Where I live the houses are 2x Texas prices and they use illegals too AND ever house has someone in it so house sell no matter what unless they are in a totally crap area that people do not want to live.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join