It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swimmer DIES after shark rips off penis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
On my list of "ways I don't want to die", this wasn't even on there.
*RECTIFIED*

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
As a former EMT, when I saw the headline of this article on Drudge (yesterday) I had two thoughts...

1. Unlikely a person would quickly die from a severed penis, something else was likely involved. It would be nearly impossible for a large shark to bite off only the penis and nothing else...like severing the femoral artery in the process, which would cause someone to die very quickly indeed. Sure enough, upon reading the article, the right leg was also bitten from the torso and nearly completely severed as well. I shook my head because this trivial little detail didn't show up until about 2/3rds of the way down the article (at least the one I read). It was sensationalism to get clicks and sell ads (the very definition of "click bait").

2. I thought to myself, this might be a fun story to post in "breaking" on ATS, but then thought better of it due to its click bait-y-ness.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Swimmer DIES after shark rips off penis

Free sex change operation?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
To all those making light of that poor souls tragedy....May Karma bite you as well.

I don't think anyone is making light of this boys death.
The way it happened, yes.
His death, no

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Swimming naked or not, it sounds like he had it coming to him either way. He had no chance of avoiding it other than not going swimming that day.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Before phones, they would all still just stand there gawking. At least now the world gets a record 🤳

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Poor dude, If I was the coroner i'd do the guy a favor and say the cause of death was fellatio.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
The Femur bite probably was the major cause of death ,but that wouldn`t have been near as catchy click bait as the " Shark bites off penis" headlines.

100% with you on this one
But we assume maybe the waters were cooler and the shark saw a shriveled "stub" to bite between the legs vs an entire leg...somehow I don't think the shark meant to bite at the pecker.
edit on 5-6-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Being eaten alive, be it sharks or bears or whatever, has to be pretty high on just about everyone's list of worst ways to die. The fact that he bled out rather quickly (context) is not much comfort. Those things hit you like a freight train. And their teeth are such that a direct bite through is unlikely. Its more of a sawing motion as they shake the victim violently side to side, though a single bite through is possible. Not fun at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well no #.

I died just reading this.

I got better...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: olaru12
To all those making light of that poor souls tragedy....May Karma bite you as well.

But what if this was his karmic retribution...🤔

Given your avatar, I think we shall just refrain from any more biting, thanks !!

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

😂

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The term "click bait" doesn't upset me as much as the word, "bait" does.

Shark bait?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That's a HARD way to go.....

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

If you cut your femoral artery you better hope you on a table with a surgery team right there to keep you from bleeding out it only takes a minute or 2 before the loss of blood is fatal.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: ridgerunner
The Femur bite probably was the major cause of death ,but that wouldn`t have been near as catchy click bait as the " Shark bites off penis" headlines.Regardless,the poor guy lost his life and I feel sorry for his family and friends.When we venture out into nature we are at risk,sometimes it ends badly.

And two heart attacks on the way to the hospital from what I’d heard.

This headline is clickbait and as usual, ATS bit.

How is it click bait? He DID get his Penis and part of his femur bit off.......and did die..

click bait is when its not true....

The headline highlights the most shocking portion of what happen - the penis amputation, in order to draw morbidly curious attention to the article in which the penis amputation had nothing to do with the kids death.
The shark took a massive bite from the boys thigh and femur, severering arteries and muscle and bone, massive trauma leading to death.

A title doesn’t have to be wholly inaccurate to be clickbait it just has to be designed to attract clicks in a misleading way.

How many people would have read the article if it had read “Boy dies after shark bite amputates leg.”

Just because Facebook showed us how bad clickbait can be, doesn’t mean that click bait headlines are just about “these 12 shocking things you never knew about the lord of the rings”.

Seriously, just stop with the Bullsh!t.
Dude got his junk bitten off and then he died. There are no lies in the headline. Shark bites are extremely rare but when they do bite, they're indiscriminate about which part they bite just like rest of the animal kingdom.

Clickbait? More like Prickbait...

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Being eaten alive, be it sharks or bears or whatever, has to be pretty high on just about everyone's list of worst ways to die. The fact that he bled out rather quickly (context) is not much comfort. Those things hit you like a freight train. And their teeth are such that a direct bite through is unlikely. Its more of a sawing motion as they shake the victim violently side to side, though a single bite through is possible. Not fun at all.

I like to think it was quick and relatively painless for him, the damage is so severe that your body goes into shock. Like the girl who lost her whole leg off the coast of Chile to a great white shark. She said she felt it clamp on her leg almost to the hip, and as people where trying to get her on board the raft she felt the pressure of the bite and a pop then the pressure was gone.

Had my thumb amputated in a motorcycle accident, and even though I was lucid walking around with my hand clamped on it till I got to hospital about an hour later your body goes into shock and you don't really feel anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You just had to post this, didn't you?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Yeah,
I rose to the occasion

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Of course he did. He knew it would rile up the tards who already dislike him.

Look at the replies! So venomous! 🐍

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join