It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits cant even be trusted with sharp objects

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

But that's the thing, knobheads will just sharpen screwdrivers on a grinder instead of buying a kitchen set from Wilko's.
Or switch to other tools, wrecking bar, even my plastering trowel sharpened I could slash your face to bits.
They're tools is all, would you want me to have a license for my Paslode nailgun?
Laws don't save lives, societal change does.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They keep us all restricted to 'urban zones' and only hard work in the factories will earn enough credits to see the countryside. It's tough, but the bread rations are enough for us.

Didn't deserve being lost at the bottom of the last page, PMSL!
We have cider rations in my parts, tourist industry credit here not many factories...but we all survive on the crumbs of foreign income.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Honestly I am not calling for or advocating any ban, I am just offering my insight into the possible reasoning of the judge, he is paid a large sum of money (too much) for his opinions, rightly or wrongly to me and you.

But if knife crime is on the increase what other option (maybe he took the easy route) is there?

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
How are there still deer, or even trees for that matter, on that tiny little island with that many homo sapiens walking around?

There are thought to be 1.5 million deer in Britain. I get deer in my garden, along with badgers and the occasional pikey taking a short-cut from the pub. Just think... If I was in the States I could legitimately shoot them.

The UK, or specifically England is not London.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't know mate, in my parts using a weapon of any kind is frowned upon by the tribe. It's not a generational thing either, I was chatting to my early twenties son about it, he says it's still the same in his generation, fists is being a man, knives is being a girl.
I know some big time bad boys as well, just in these parts it's only weapons when somebody rips someone else off for a large deal or whatever, then it's just punishment, not a 'fair' fight.
It's a societal problem in some #ty parts of Britain...laws won't change a thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Agreed.
This is my mantra.
edit on 5-6-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: fix quote tag

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Lets just not make it easier for knobheads to purchase knives then, may i suggest speaking to a relative of a victim of knife crime, i promise you saving 1 persons life ultimately can save many, the hurt and pain caused when a young life is lost is insurmountable for some people.

You aren't being serious are you? Yes it may cause insurmountable pain but the last thing you want to do is throw all logic out the window and let your emotions guide you. Criminals are always going to be able to acquire knives regardless of how hard you try to stop them because it's simply a sharpened bit of metal. Thinking that regulation on sharps bit of metal could ever possibly work is so ridiculous it verges into the realm of insanity...

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The beauty is we don't have a pro-knife lobby entwined in our Parliament or Judicial system. It means it's possible to discuss problems with knives without it becoming an existentialist partisan conflict. For example, most Brits would probably agree that we don't like the idea of teenage criminals walking around with machetes or zombie knives. Doesn't matter if they're black, white or whatever, nobody wants them armed with big knives...or bottles of acid.

At the same time, we can just about muster the mental wherewithal to appreciate that criminals won't retire if they can't get access to big knives. Yes, they'll find other ways. We can reflect and see it as a problem of society that isn't fixable by jailing everyone carrying a knife. And still we can have the discussion in peace.

Without the pressure of lobbyists, we can have the conversation at work or round the kitchen table without it being a Left/Right dynamic. No sweat broken and no spit spat.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

......and the occasional pikey taking a short-cut from the pub. Just think... If I was in the States I could legitimately shoot them.

Now that I'm all in favour of!

A point so many non-Brits seem so incapable of comprehending.

a reply to: Kandinsky

Some things seem to stay the same; a shining light of reason and not so common sense amidst a swamp of absolute bollocks and cod#!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Agreed. We have lots of deer here - even in Central London. Look, here are some in this short video:

Fenton!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You sound like you dont want a discussion. Did you preface all your comments with such a rider as you drift into this thread and the other? Ever consider that my response to you is not a private message but on topic and shared for other posters as well? You've been here awhile so this is nothing new to you.

And if it was 1 member of your family who you loved which was saved I would be happy yet you state

Well skylab landed in the outback of Australia, if it had landed closer to Perth and killed a few of my relatives I should demand the end of all space exploration. Makes sense yeah?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
New British Fork Unveiled!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What has the OP described that is not factual. The amount of cameras doing surveillance of public places?

To be fair, the only place that's ANYTHING like you describe is North Korea.

Have you been to North Korea? Like Reductio ad Hitlerum maybe we need a Reductio ad Kim Jong Un? as I see this card played all the time.

All well and good in the 5 eyes nations

www.abc.net.au...

Now the New York Times claims the ball was set rolling after a tip from a trusted ally, with Australia's very own Alexander Downer front and centre. The newspaper claims Mr Downer had a night of heavy drinking with former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos at the Kensington Wine Rooms in London in May 2016. According to the Times, it was Mr Downer who held his booze better — extracting an admission from Mr Papadopoulos that Russia was shopping dirt on Hillary Clinton to her political rivals. When leaked Democratic Party emails began appearing in public two months later it is alleged Australian officials passed on the Downer intel to American counterparts, helping to trigger the FBI probe into Russian interference in the US election.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Come now...that adheres to the Liechtenstein psychiatric model of treatment by Dr. Emil Shaffhausen. A modern US psychiatrist would have just medicated him prior to dinner

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

And gave him an AR-15.

Too soon?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Only in the proper season.

Here in the States, there are, reportedly, more whitetail and mule deer than in the early 19th century.

The critters are every where.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What has the OP described that is not factual. The amount of cameras doing surveillance of public places?

I wasn't replying to the OP so the rest of your post was a hit and a miss.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I agree with the op I nearly cut myself in two a little while ago while practicing with my sharp Scottish hilted broadsword.
That watermelon made it slip.

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Be more careful fella, and watch out for women as well, they are the ones doing terrible things...you should go your own way lol

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

If more people carried knives in London urban knife crime would vanish. Swords would make people feel even safer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join