It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits cant even be trusted with sharp objects

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just the opinion of a sheltered upper middle class moron (like a lot of judges are) who has probably
not had to cook his own food since university and has not the slightest idea what knives are for what or why
in a kitchen it won't amount to anything.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Wow! That's a #-talking 'stab' at the UK from the propaganda arm of the NRA.

The UK isn't banning knives with pointy ends. Even if it happened, it wouldn't have any effect on the 2nd Amendment. Some Americans get so defensive of their gun rights that they see weapons legislation in other nations as a direct threat to the 2nd. Your guns are safe from the opinions of UK judges.

Our pointy knives are safe too and I'm not bothered at all if the judge or anyone else wants to discuss them. Seems like a rational topic for conversation.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If you fire them with a catapult, does it count as a ballistic missile?

Iv seen the horror documentary that is Tom and Jerry and that perfectly demonstrates just how lethal flying cutlery really is.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Obviously that judge doesn't do any cooking or he would know why we need pointy knives. On a weapons note, if they remove pointy knives, people will just use screwdrivers or Stanley knives or something else that is sharp.

I nominate this judge for Most Shortsighted of the Year Award.

I'll bet I could put you eye out with pretzel sticks.

And with a TBone, sheeeeit, I could make a punching weapon with a sharp bone skewer sticking out my fist.

I've seen whole fish one could bludgeon someone with (and all those bones oh noes).

I could knock a bitch out with an English Cucumber.

Lime juice in the eyes.

Hot PEPPER SPRAY.

The lid left over after opening a soup can.

McDonald's being sued for spilt hot coffee, as if he shouldnt get all this.

And then what about round thin crust pizza, all those sharp points in the middle... put anchovies on it... dont even get me started.

Dude, you''re scary

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
Just the opinion of a sheltered upper middle class moron (like a lot of judges are) who has probably
not had to cook his own food since university and has not the slightest idea what knives are for what or why
in a kitchen it won't amount to anything.

Is that what he is? A "sheltered upper middle class" person. Well, as a circuit judge he's probably been exposed to more human rubbish and suffering that you, or anyone you know. The judge made the comments having just completed his third hearing of violent knife crime in three months.

He suggested that "normal" domestic cooks don't need kitchen knives that are pointed. For most domestic cooks that is probably true.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I saw this. Pretty dumb. Then it will be sticks next. Then Cars and Trucks. Then your fists .

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well at least the judge in question is actually offering something in regards to the heavily reported knife crime in London/UK, there are many threads on ATS about the subject with most insisting that the UK is becoming more dangerous, not my opinion, so this Judge is trying, may I ask what is your OP trying to do ?

I have read and reread your Op and cant quite find the part where you are offering A solution, did I miss it?

Also judges are not part of the Government

I hope that I am not being to scornful I am just tired of seeing this mass UK - US debate, I get it you like to kill with guns we use knives, lets agree its HUMANS which are the problem, history informs us we have killed each other thru out the ages, justifying it as crimes of passion, revenge or hate, not much changed really other than the means of said act.

If this Judges advice is listened to and just 1 innocent life is saved, well I guess i can always buy sliced bread, so win win

edit on 4-6-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Ummm...yessir...we wouldn't want you to put your eye out running with that butcher knife...

Just how the hell is grinding off all the pointy ends supposed to protect someone from a slashing stroke...Or better yet...how many wrist slashers will be foiled by the lack of a pointy end...

Best we just ban knives and anything pointy or sharp altogether...
Olympic javelin catchers had better look for another sport...sport...

So then next everyone 'needs' to dull the knives. Maybe the cops do a "kitchen knife buyback", and pass out butter knives in their place.

Already done:

metro.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, let's hope most knife-wielding criminals are like this dude.

www.youtube.com...

The problem here is that the judge did not address the core problem of WHY this is happening. Everyone knows that London id the coc aine capital of Europe and it is attracting unsavoury people in to cash in.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You Brits were warned about the dangers of fish decades ago. Oh.... the horror.

And, about fresh fruit!!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

No, just serious as a heart attack.

Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas Sees Real-Life Heart Attack in 'Triple Bypass Burger' Eater

Top 10 Foods that Can Literally Kill You
edit on 4-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Fish slapping? Loved the swastika.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
In all seriousness though, it is sooooo bad such a great and enlightened nation cannot seem to trust its citizens enough to allow them to have sharp pointy things. After all we've heard of that being a bastion of how we should be here on ATS. At least Americans protest when our government begins to cross that line, and can still be trusted by our judges to cut our own food without government intervention.

edit on 6/4/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh please give it rest. So ONE let me state that again ONE person states something and that means all 65Million of us agree. Please come on. Brains on. This thread is as bad as a Daily Mail headline.

IT ONLY TAKES ONE INCIDENT TO MAKE A HEADLINE

Surely folks here on ATS are smart enough or at least experienced enough with MSM to realise ONE statement by ONE person means absolutely F. All.

So he's a judge so fricking what. A.holes come in all shapes and sizes, colours, religions, job titles etc etc.

Stop leaping to stupid headlines, check first.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

IT ONLY TAKES ONE INCIDENT TO MAKE A HEADLINE

And it only takes one good headline for us to have a great thread and good times.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
We all have to ban water.
There is a far better chance that a person will expire due to some form of dihydrogen monoxide poisoning than most other ways including guns AND knives combined .

This dangerous substance has permeated our atmosphere to the extent that in most cases it falls to earth in liquid form in most areas .So much so that , over the years , this toxic substance has gathered in very large pools called lakes , ponds , and the like. But the most dangerous is when these pools gather so much , this substance starts flowing across the land in the form of fast moving rivers .

Some brave researchers partake in a form of testing called "recreational water sports" . That research runs more risk than any other contact.

But , a person is not safe even at home. Some partake in the dangerous cult practices of showering and bathing . These cult practices are nearly as dangerous as the research work being done.

edit on 6/4/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've used the sharp point of a kitchen knife to break the surface of a really ripe tomato or other over-ripe fruit that would otherwise be crushed by just trying to slice it.

I'd suggest our cousins across the pond start offering combat knife training classes. And then institute a concealed carry license for kitchen knives. In all seriousness though, I have a drop point chefs knife that is razor sharp and has the best balance of any knife in my collection.

-dex

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Surely folks here on ATS are smart enough or at least experienced enough with MSM to realise ONE statement by ONE person means absolutely F. All.

And surely you're paying enough attention to realize that these seemingly insane ideas "that could never happen" have a way of happening especially when we pay no attention to them because we don't think they could happen.

British Knife Legislation Proposals (2018)
London murder rate beats New York as stabbings surge
Mayor of London Tweets Carrying a Knife is Unlawful
Reminder of the UK knives and offensive weapons law
UK School Bans Triangular Flapjacks
First 'Stab-Proof' Knife to Go on Sale in the U.K.
(UK) Hold a knife in a photo? Police will be sent to your home.

Lol I love it when I get to use the flap jack story.
edit on 5/6/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Admit it, thats you Eric Bloodaxe the Viking.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Ban walking sticks?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join