It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani: Trump 'probably' has power to pardon himself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have a feeling if Trump attempted something like this it wouldn't be a smooth pardon and it would be heavily contested in the courts.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Why would Trump need to pardon himself...he has done nothing wrong!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I have a feeling if Trump attempted something like this it wouldn't be a smooth pardon and it would be heavily contested in the courts.

If Trump were to do something like this, it would be the epitome of corruption, elitism and exactly what many would think Obama/Hillary would do.

The fact that Trump's team sent a letter to Mueller discussing this, and his lawyer discussing it openly, should throw up many red flags to everyone.

You have a president in which his team is telling the public they can do what they want and get away with it.

Congratulations. Many of the reasons we didn't vote for Hillary is coming manifest through Trump. Irony in it's finest.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

There we have it, the Tiny Handed One believes he is above the law. Absolutely the words of an innocent man lol! This corrupt garbage president will be held accountable no matter how much he stomps his little feet.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well, you see, it's only a problem when ANYONE other than their cult leader Trump does it. If it's their God Trump, well, he's divine and can do as he pleases. Who needs Jesus with Trump around.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
mobile.twitter.com...

There we have it, the Tiny Handed One believes he is above the law. Absolutely the words of an innocent man lol! This corrupt garbage president will be held accountable no matter how much he stomps his little feet.

I suspect the opposite is true. Trump does not think he is above the law and may be scared #less. Why else would your legal team look in to the issue and why would you not only announce it publicly, but also have your lawyer push it in the MSM?

Seems to me that the are trying to get out in front of this in the media because something may be coming down the pipe that makes them very uncomfortable.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Congratulations. Many of the reasons we didn't vote for Hillary is coming manifest through Trump. Irony in it's finest.

This has been apparent to me for quite some time now predating this particular quip. Though I don't really think Trump will attempt this. At least not given the current situation.

However, I'm still appalled that Congress refuses to pass a bill to protect the Mueller investigation. That would squelch a lot of these shenanigans and posturing by Trump.
edit on 4-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm still appalled that Congress refuses to pass a bill to protect the Mueller investigation.

That would require republicans to be on board and even though many have come out to voice their "displeasure" with Trump and the things he has done, they may be reluctant to take it that far.

The Republican party is changing. Trump/Trumpism has taken over and many seem to be uncertain if they want to jump on the bandwagon or stick to their principles. So it seems reasonable that they would not want to be a part of something like protecting the Mueller investigation until or unless they know which way the current is going to flow.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
What a waste of time to create a thread like this.

You should step out of the internet and get some fresh air.

Hahaha! How ironic. Hell of a reply on your part!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Now every Republican, on every news show will be asked if the president can pardon themselves. And also ATS Trump worshipers....

Fun times....

Now Trump has broadcast it on the Twitter sphere and the MSM is blowing up. Even Fox...

Trump claims ‘absolute right to www.rawstory.com... myself’ in latest Twitter rant

edit on 4-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
mobile.twitter.com...

You had me at twatter.

Ahh my spelling must be off today. Twitter. Or was it just twit. I cant rember.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Which is disgusting. Protecting the country and the rule of law is supposed to be more important than your job as a Congressman.
edit on 4-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Which is disgusting. Protecting the country and the rule of law is supposed to be more important than your job as a Congressman.

I think congressmen are more worried about protecting themselves at this point. The republicans want to stay in power and have their guy in the White House, but the party itself is changing and the Republicans are hostile towards their own now.

Look how many people, just on this website, will praise a republican for one issue, and then turn on them quicker than # when they do not fall in line with the Trump train.

Right now the most important thing for congressmen to decide is whether or not they are willing to face the Trump-supporter hate machine if they do not lock-step with the agendas/narratives.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is insane. Anyone who supports team Trumps argument that the president is above the law has no room to ever talk about the rule of law again.

The wannabe tin pot dictators are becoming more and more apparent.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong? In the meantime, the never ending Witch Hunt, led by 13 very Angry and Conflicted Democrats (& others) continues into the mid-terms

I'd like to know who those legal scholars are? The drop outs from Cohen's alma mater Cooley Law School? LOL.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Giuliani isn't acting as a legal counsel here. He's acting as a spokesperson. He's only saying what trump wants him to.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Buffoon? I bet he’s smarter than you and you just don’t want to let on. He’s a lawyer.
edit on 4-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Is this is a step up from Cohen?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Buffoon? I bet he’s smarter than you and you just don’t want to let on.

I bet he's smarter than you?

Really?

Amazing how childish people's arguments have become.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Buffoon? I bet he’s smarter than you and you just don’t want to let on.

I bet he's smarter than you?

Really?

Amazing how childish people's arguments have become.

Yours are infantile. That’s all you guys have is name-calling. The president can pardon himself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join