It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani: Trump 'probably' has power to pardon himself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
In translation, the president is above the law?

Rudy Giuliani said early Sunday that President Trump "probably" has the power to pardon himself, but has no plans to do so.

"He’s not, but he probably does," Giuliani, who recently joined Trump's legal team, said on ABC's "This Week."

"He has no intention of pardoning himself," Giuliani said.
"That’s another really interesting constitutional question: Can the president pardon himself?" he added.

"It would be an open question. I think it would probably get answered by, 'gosh that’s what the Constitution says.’ And if you want to change it, change it. But, yeah.”

thehill.com...

This extends from the revelation of Trump's lawyers sending a confidential letter to Mueller arguing the President could not have obstructed justice due to his constitutional powers. I am absolutely astounded by Giuliani, how incompetent can one be when tasked with such an important role? If I was Trump I'd pull off immediately but of course Trump is an authority unto himself. Little care for consequences.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Had to actually watch the video to see whether this buffoon actually claimed this and low and behold.

Most powerful man in the world, money at the ready, and this is the best his administration could come up with in place of Cohen? Christ.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
And ....... another hit piece.

Said he wouldn't ... but ... he could, maybe .... we don't know!

But someone said something and so let's blow it up and make a big deal about someone who said something to some dude and well here we all are!

Of course the President could not pardon himself ... s'n-word' ... well ... it is the US of A ... so who really knows.

Go on Donald ... just for the pure joy ... try it out .... and laugh your socks off.

Perhaps the last guy should have done it before he left office ... hang on ... perhaps he did.

Can a subsequent President undo a pardon ... a selfie pardon!

Selfie Pardon

P

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Said he wouldn't ... but ... he could,

Yes we know what he said. It's all there in the OP.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Of course the President could not pardon himself ... s'n-word' ... well ... it is the US of A ... so who really knows.

Oh the auto guy is at it again. S-n-i-g-g-e-r is a word that has nothing to do with the other sometimes naughty word.

Lol.

I am amused!

P

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
you have honestly never talked about if a president can pardon themselves?

I am sure Trump’s lawyers are working off of the foundation of all the presidents before him put down. More to the point, the foundation that the American people allowed them to set.. Did you make a post about Obama giving Eric Holder the ‘immunity’ of the executive branch, when the obama administration ran guns to Mexico?

Trump can use the same power for any of his team, that obama used for holder

This is why people need to make and follow rules and not allow their team to cheat.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian
if that theory worked, then Nixon would have discovered it.
If that theory worked, it would ALWAYS block the impeachment process, so it can't have been intended by the men who set up the impeachment process.
It is a little bit like trying to lift yourself off the ground by pulling at your own shoe-laces.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Giuliani: Trump 'probably' has power to pardon himself

Yep, and pigs can fly!

Wake up Giuliani, or is that sleep training for the death?
If, then go on with sleeping and dreaming!

edit on 4 6 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I have (not) always (but for a good amount of time) thought that anyone in a position of authority thinks/believes that they are above the law because of....power going to said head. I think that the bull# has thickened so much lately that it is hard to get to the # that turned into dry cake last week.
edit on 6/4/2018 by Tundra because: Last 60 years and S&F!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am sure that even GOD almighty has the power to pardon this orange baboon liar.....!

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

What is funny is if he did somehow manage to circumvent the system to pardon himself that is a admittance of guilt. I doubt he knows this but hey you do you dear leader.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Said he wouldn't ... but ... he could,

Yes we know what he said. It's all there in the OP.

Yes, which begs the question... what's the problem?
I'd be more surprised if the President hadn't investigated all his options to protect himself from Mueller trying to snag him on process crimes.
edit on 4/6/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I wish I was POTUS.

I could do anything I wanted, like obama.

Fundamentally change the USA.

Pardon myself for treason.

Or just move to someplace with no extradition with the billions I stole.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a.k.a. the executive priviledge.

Keeps the trash in bay.
edit on 4-6-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
I wish I was POTUS.

I could do anything I wanted, like obama.

And/or possibly, Make me a criminal for not buying into a program that claims to hold my hand while shoving cake down my throat in the name of well-being and at the end of the day charge me for it because after all. It is in my best interest. All I wanted was a pepsi, just one pepsi. And they wouldn't give it to me. They sure as hell tried to make me pay for one though.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I wish I was POTUS.

I could do anything I wanted, like Trump.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It's wearing so old, the beauty part of it ....... the anti/Trump crowd is tortured day and night, their minds "Squirming like a toad" ... As Morrison wrote in Riders on the Storm.

Their every waking moments filled with torment from having lost their foothold of Evil perpetuated for Decades by both parties. Along comes a Champion to clear out the swamp scum, and the rats flee the light, same as the cockroaches that they are.

It brings me pure Bliss to see their misery. Their futility, their evil stomped at every turn. Hopefully before the six years is up, the swamp will pretty well be a thing of the past, and Prisons for Profit filled with the vile scum dishonest politicians, both democrat and liberal traitors

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

That isn't translation. That's bullsnip.

When law enforcement agencies have been weaponized by a political party in to the GESTAPO.

Yeah he is above that snip, and so is everyone else.

This country doesn't have political prisoners.

That's not America.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
What a waste of time to create a thread like this.

You should step out of the internet and get some fresh air.
edit on 4/6/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Haven’t we discussed this with every president, and hasn’t the answer always been, “technically, yes”.

It would look really bad, and few presidents even get to the point of needing to pardon themselves so it’s never happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join