It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any fresh takes on the Myakka Skunk Ape photographs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I was curious what everyone thinks about the infamous Myakka Skunk Ape pictures from 2000. It's been a long time since they've been introduced, so I'm legitimately interested to hear if anyone has heard of or personally seen anything that has ever resembled what looks like the creature captured in these photos. Admittedly it looks exactly like an orangutan... if not a bit "loose" looking. Maybe we could implement the photography eval guidelines stickey'd on the crypto forum.

Apparently, the backyard sighting took place on the edge of 37,000 acres worth of a marshy, Florida state-park.

The orangutan was making deep “whoomph” noises. It sounded much further away then it turned out to be. If I had known it was as close to the hedge row as it was I wouldn’t have walked up as close as I did. I’m a senior citizen and if this animal had come out of the hedge roll after me there wasn’t a thing I could have done about it. I was about ten foot away from it when it stood up.“

via Bigfoot Base

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If I had walked up on that thing I’d likely have crapped my pants and froze. If and I mean IF I were able to maintain composure I’d have backed up slowly went inside and start drinking whatever is on hand. I’d never leave house again lol or I’d have to move.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DelmarRozan

I had no idea there was a second photo. Interesting, but to me, it looks like an old chimpanzee.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

From the first time I saw that photo until now, I still say it looks like a mature male orangutan. Though it does seem a bit thinner around the middle.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Yeah, it looks like a starving orangutan.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
These pics always make me think of a stuffed Orangutan or chimp. It doesn't seem to change it's stance, but looks like it's moved from one spot to the next rather than moving by itself, it definitely looks very ape-ish, but it doesn't have the supposed human like features that some reports say bigfoot has.
edit on 26-5-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
These pics always make me think of a stuffed Orangutan or chimp. It doesn't seem to change it's stance, but looks like it's moved from one spot to the next rather than moving by itself, it definitely looks very ape-ish, but it doesn't have the supposed human like features that some reports say bigfoot has.

i tend to agree... i think someone have a bit of fun with a taxidermied orangutan

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Florida has three primate sanctuaries that I know of, two close to this sighting, and a lot of monkey farms and petting zoos...

Chimps do get out, depending on the conduct and stability of the facility in question.

I volunteered at a primate sanctuary for over a year... new volunteers were often astonished at how large and aggressive an adult chimpanzee is, in person... nothing in film or television prepares you for it. This looks a little like a chimp.

edit on 1-6-2018 by Valentinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Valentinus

Yeah, it does have that typical chimp expression "fear" or "frightened". I think it looks a bit like that.

edit on 2-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

It does... I think it could go either way: escaped primate, or "posed", as others have suggested, primate.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I looked up that sighting that was on "finding bigfoot", plus it was all over the regular TV news out here..
Breakdown - Myakka skunk Ape Video (revisited)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Kurokage

i tend to agree... i think someone have a bit of fun with a taxidermied orangutan

Would the eyes still reflect the camera flash if it was a stuffed animal?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Chemicalbrother

I'm sure someone on here that ain't drinking (maybe) will research that ...hahaaa

I would guess without looking into taxidermist eyeball usage...maybe.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

right... aren't they glass? glass seems like a pretty reflective substance.

i'm not about to field test it tho, hehe

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If they were glass, I would have thought so.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A friend of mine claims to know a guy who is responsible for the story...but then, I'm not 100% sure on when he's spinning a yarn himself...lol. Old ranchers are like that sometimes. Wish I would have talked to him more about it. I'll make it a point to, next time I see him.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I had MY own bigfoot sight near Elkridge Maryland many years. I also delivered mail as rural letter carrier in Woodstock Md were they have had numerous bigfoot sighting. Near Woodstock Md they also have an APE sanctuary. APES of all types over the years had escaped from the sanctuary.

I have NOT heard about any recent Bigfoot sighting in Woodstock. BUT many years ago very large trees wee pulled out of the ground and either thrown across roads or force back into the earth, with roots now on top. AS letter carrier though I heard stories from customers. I would spot what appeared very large dream catchers left hanging either by roads or peoples home. Some of the customers believed it was a thank you or nice chestier toward the human others believed the opposite.

MY own bigfoot sighting it is not possible to confuse a bigfoot with an ape.

Though I believe that this image in the first post is an type of ape. It would not surprise me if it an hybrid between two different escape apes in Florida. JUST Because I believe it is an ape does not mean that I do not believe BIGFOOT is also living in the swamps in Florida

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noppie
JUST Because I believe it is an ape does not mean that I do not believe BIGFOOT is also living in the swamps in Florida

Looks pretty ape-y. Most people like yourself who have interacted in some way with real Sasquatches usually say they are much more human-like than apelike.

What I've always thought was most interesting about these images is that the "thing" seems to be wearing leaves as a kind of fake mustache. The leaves are not attached to a plant, but rather right under the thing's nose. Pretty playful, if it's the real deal.
edit on 25-6-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Skunk Ape was a pot farmer who wore a gorilla mask on the way to his spot. Thats my assumption since I saw similar activities in other southern states.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Considering that this was in Florida, and it's KNOWN that many apes and monkeys were released from zoos and other facilities there, I think it's possible this was an orangutan, as it appears to be. That said, the coloring seems a bit off for that, and odd things are seem there. Possible this is some other primate, as yet unidentified "officially".

I'd bet good money it's a real animal in the pics, and taken where it's claimed to be taken, at any rate. Analysis from primate experts of the changes in expression showed them to be authentic.

top topics

join