It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator god or intelligent design, the facts that inform the theory?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The bible is a collection of stories from many different cultures. All of which are heavily embellished and sprinkled with magic here and there. I have no doubt that the people who wrote those stories may have believed them in some way or another, but with our modern understanding of natural forces, it is impossible to accept that the book is anything other than fiction. If they got close with a few of their descriptions, i commend them, but that is not enough for me to accept everything written in it wholesale.

Now you know how we feel! While I commend science for the breakthroughs that they have managed to come up with, there is no reason for me to believe every scientific theory as wholesale! See how that works?!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

and there is no reason to believe that it is anything other than natural chemistry that put everything in motion.

Explain why you believe that natural chemistry put human life into play, on it's own.
Are you aware of the experiments that proved beyond any doubt, that RNA is a naturally occuring molecule? It has been repeated successfully many times. It is proposed that DNA would be similarly formed through natural circumstances. It has not been demonstrated, but i know of at least two labs that are working on this and they have made many leaps towards this conclusion.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

This thread has not made any assertions just merely asking the god squad for evidence, and so far the god squad have been shown to have nothing except speculation and philosophical argument.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Then you do not understand what a theory is. Scientific theories are a collection of processes that have been sufficiently demonstrated.
edit on 26-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

No problem.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Like I've said several times before, while we may know how RNA or DNA works, we don't know how it was created. What created the first molecule or cell and created the pattern allowing it to multiply?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Goodbye. I have alerted your thread for lack of discussion and lack of tolerance for discussion from you.

The thread is still going lol, did the mods get back to you and say stop whining because you have no verifiable evidence to support claims of creator gods?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Then you do not understand what a theory is. Scientific theories are a collection of processes that have been sufficiently demonstrated.

Demonstrated to what extent? Theories change all of the time.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Verifiable evidence of creator gods has remained constant at zero lol

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Verifiable evidence of creator gods has remained constant at zero lol

Ditto. Verifiable scientific evidence on how the universe and humans were created still remains constant at ZERO! LOL!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The difference is I'm making no claims in this thread just asking the god squad for their evidence
Lmao

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The difference is I'm making no claims in this thread just asking the god squad for their evidence
Lmao

Yes, we already know that you're not capable of making any claims of any kind.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Lmao

Yes, we already know that you're not capable of making any claims of any kind.

Why would I make wild claims based solely on speculation and faith in an old book? That seems mental to me, like a child believing in Santa Claus lol.
You have nothing verifiable to back up your claims of a creator god, and I'm not making any claims, just asking for evidence as the 'other' thread was regarding evolution.
You have nothing and it is hilarious.

EDIT
I thought you left this thread anyway, after whining to mods lol?
edit on 26-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You don't need to remind us again that you've got nothing and know nothing! We already knew that! You are hilarious!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Like I've said several times before, while we may know how RNA or DNA works, we don't know how it was created. What created the first molecule or cell and created the pattern allowing it to multiply?
Natural chemical reactions

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So, 14 pages in, the god squad have nothing other than speculation and philosophical argument to bring to the table regarding 'creator gods'.
Why does anyone even believe such claims when there is zero verifiable evidence to support it?
It has been a funny experience discussing the lack of evidence for gods though

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You don't need to remind us again that you've got nothing and know nothing! We already knew that! You are hilarious!

I don't make any claims dude, I don't have to support anything I've said.
Now why are you still here, you said goodbye earlier after reporting me to mods lol...notice the thread is still going?

EDIT
And if the thread dies, I've made my opposing point to Raggedyarse's 'evolution' thread...you have zero supporting evidence aside from speculation and philosophical argument lol, you have nothing...and I'm happy chuckling to myself.

EDIT
I'm popping out for a bit but if any of you god squad people have some new evidence to support your claims of a creator god please do post it here...obvs pure speculation and philosophical argument will be ridiculed though. Actual verifiable evidence is welcomed though.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So, 14 pages in, the god squad have nothing other than speculation and philosophical argument to bring to the table regarding 'creator gods'.
Why does anyone even believe such claims when there is zero verifiable evidence to support it?
It has been a funny experience discussing the lack of evidence for gods though

Thanks.

I'm easily amused.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

you have zero supporting evidence aside from speculation and philosophical argument lol, you have nothing...and I'm happy chuckling to myself.

Likewise, this entire thread has contributed nothing and I'm happy chuckling to myself too! LOL!

NOT ONE PERSON WAS ABLE TO USE SCIENCE TO EXPLAIN HOW ANYTHING WAS ORIGINALLY CREATED! WELL DONE! LOL!

edit on 26-5-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A Chemist Finds Powerful Evidence of Creation

How Can I Defend My Belief in Creation?

Creation Reveals the Living God

The apostle Paul provides one reason why we can be convinced that God exists, even though we cannot see him. Regarding Jehovah, Paul wrote: “His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship.” (Rom. 1:20) How might you help someone who doubts the existence of God to see the truthfulness of Paul’s inspired words? You could consider some of the following evidence from creation that reveals our Creator’s power and wisdom.

GOD’S POWER EVIDENT IN CREATION
GOD’S WISDOM REVEALED IN NATURE

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join