It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cancels Singapore Summit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well, he did more in 2 years than the previous administration did in 8.

I'd suggest he celebrate.

He's said a lot, but what has he actually accomplished?

He upsets a lot of people. For the 5 year old attention seeker, that is sufficient.

Trump is a Carnival Barker.

He throws crap out - - sees what sticks to his base - - then zeroes in on it.

There is no political thought or reasoning in what he chooses to do.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

From the get go, this was a trap that was laid for a sitting US President, where North Korea has alot to gain, no matter how it went. If it went badly, it would gain in stronger ties with China, if it went well, it would gain from a loosening of the sanctions against it. And it would be used at home and abroad. This is far better for North Korea, cause now they can go to China and point out that the US rejected the olive branch, and to end the Korean conflict, bringing stability to the the region and a chance for Korea to be reunited for the benefit of both and all in the area.

North Korea is going to use this, make no mistake, and from the looks of it, it will go badly with the US, when it comes to other countries, that it may be wanting to either have stronger ties with or start with say new interests.

When one combines the pull out of the Iran treaty, even though every other country that signed it stated that it was working, along with the refusal to take the olive branch, pretty much shows that the US can not be trusted with any treaty or to promote peace. And most leaders would look at that and start to wonder if the credibility of the US is any good, and to be a bit far more wary about such.

Now if the President had continued and even shown up, then it would force North Korea to either show up, or ultimately be the one to say it will not meet. That would have shown the world, but more importantly, those countries still doing business and supporting that country, like China, that North Korea is not interested in peace, talking or ending the Korean conflict, and that is something that China is not really wanting. China would rather prefer a more stable Korea, one where the economics are far more appealing and the growth there would benefit it in the long run.

link   

From the get go, this was a trap that was laid for a sitting US President, where North Korea has alot to gain, no matter how it went. If it went badly, it would gain in stronger ties with China, if it went well, it would gain from a loosening of the sanctions against it. And it would be used at home and abroad. This is far better for North Korea, cause now they can go to China and point out that the US rejected the olive branch, and to end the Korean conflict, bringing stability to the the region and a chance for Korea to be reunited for the benefit of both and all in the area.

North Korea is going to use this, make no mistake, and from the looks of it, it will go badly with the US, when it comes to other countries, that it may be wanting to either have stronger ties with or start with say new interests.

When one combines the pull out of the Iran treaty, even though every other country that signed it stated that it was working, along with the refusal to take the olive branch, pretty much shows that the US can not be trusted with any treaty or to promote peace. And most leaders would look at that and start to wonder if the credibility of the US is any good, and to be a bit far more wary about such.

Now if the President had continued and even shown up, then it would force North Korea to either show up, or ultimately be the one to say it will not meet. That would have shown the world, but more importantly, those countries still doing business and supporting that country, like China, that North Korea is not interested in peace, talking or ending the Korean conflict, and that is something that China is not really wanting. China would rather prefer a more stable Korea, one where the economics are far more appealing and the growth there would benefit it in the long run.

link   

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Zarniwoop Trump just now.

We're more than ready to wipe you out if you do something foolish.

My question is, why TF does he have to say this? IS IT NOT OBVIOUS? Was there some doubt about the US Nuclear Capability?

He is an embarrassing idiot.

There's this quip too :

You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that i pray to God they will never have to be used

Shocking !

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

You got a triple post going on.

Edit for thread space please.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

They will still mark the event because it's going through whether you like it or not.

Your hatred for peace makes my stomach turn.

✌ I bet you find that symbol derogatory for one reason or another....

Your 'peace' is appeasement which eventually morphs into defeat. You want peace? "Rest in Peace". That's where it real and lasting peace is found.
Strange edit but something needs a coffin here. Let's hope it's the coffin of hostility.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Two ways North Korea ends.

1) China cuts the Umbilical Cord. yes they get refugees fleeing across the border into China. Yes, it gets worse with Kim before it get's better. But hell, Kim killed his brother that China had been hiding/protecting as a back-up plan. That spray in the airport bit. Enough. Cut him off, he is a liability.

2) We bomb. Civilian causalities are an absolute given where Kim has located his Nuclear facilities. Ditto with his retaliatory capabilities at the border. It will rank 2nd to Hiroshima for civilian losses at best.

Otherwise we continue the dance. Kim will get Nukes capable of hitting the US mainland, we will gamble we can intercept.

China needs to be shut down by the international community. All trade, all everything, until they cut NK off entirely.
They need to deal with the fall-out sooner than later.

Trump has Zero clue how to even put the USA in a position to ask that, let alone demand it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

Why? You go join the armed forces (if you ain't already or was?) in the US and spread peace and democracy since perhaps you believe in that?
I never get in a fight! never look for troubles and you dare saying I should ISIS??

So you get this low and say I should join ISIS? That is the best argument you have?

For someone who makes comments about the U.S. as yours? Yes. I 'dare'. Stand by it, too.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I stopped reading your post after the first couple of lines. I assume the rest followed a similar vein.

No way NK gains closer relations with China. Not under this President. The relationship between China and the U.S. are so far above anything NK brings to the table for either China or the U.S..

Except ICBMs and Nukes.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

They will still mark the event because it's going through whether you like it or not.

Your hatred for peace makes my stomach turn.

✌ I bet you find that symbol derogatory for one reason or another....

Your 'peace' is appeasement which eventually morphs into defeat. You want peace? "Rest in Peace". That's where it real and lasting peace is found.
Strange edit but something needs a coffin here. Let's hope it's the coffin of hostility.

When an accord is reached.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I stopped reading your post after the first couple of lines. I assume the rest followed a similar vein.

No way NK gains closer relations with China. Not under this President. The relationship between China and the U.S. are so far above anything NK brings to the table for either China or the U.S..

Except ICBMs and Nukes.

You sound like an arrogant American.

Why does anyone need the US anymore?

We're not manufacturers, Mexico has stopped buying corn from us and gone elsewhere, etc.

There was a time America was needed for trade goods. That is no more.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Sure they ain't saints but the US is in my eyes less of a saint then those country's on that list for sure!
The US is build on war and only has known 21 Years of peace in her existence.
How many wars and how many lives after WWII? Man I dunno, maybe Hitler looks better. At least wwII was only for a few years...

So go join ISIS.

Well, the west pretty much brought isis into existence!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Basically where it started except NK broke their test site months back.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Sure they ain't saints but the US is in my eyes less of a saint then those country's on that list for sure!
The US is build on war and only has known 21 Years of peace in her existence.
How many wars and how many lives after WWII? Man I dunno, maybe Hitler looks better. At least wwII was only for a few years...

So go join ISIS.

Well, the west pretty much brought isis into existence!

Very true.

All the "experts" told Bush/Cheney this is what would happen if they attacked the middle east from the "top down".

The Bush/Cheney presidency followed the PNAC agenda - - and it backfired.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I only mentioned facts and real events! If you don't think so who is blind really!?
Of course it matters, it ain't that much different then with N-Korea.. N-Korea is also on that axis of evil list from Bush, of course Trump is just following the same road (as did Obama):
Axis of evil list:
IraQ
Iran
N-Korea
Cuba
Libya
Syria

Any country on that list is = listen or get destroyed basiclly!!! no deals and even when they comply it doesn't matter they still bad and the US just say; not good enough we go on with sanctions or worse war.

Nope. Zero evil in any of them. Just a game plan against righteous nations. Yawn.

Are you serious!?

This is the problem with the planet. If other countries do it, it is evil, if your country does it, then it is ok.

This is why governments brainwash people with patriotism for your country. Means they can get away with pretty much anything because the people are so brainwashed and conditioned!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Gee, you don't 'need' the U.S.. Best news I've heard all day.

All I can say in response is I hope, really hope you, never do need the U.S. again.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You know this is really between the 2 main players here. North and South Korea. They're still talking and making progress.

US, China and whomever else, are secondary players.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Cheney did know it seems yes, yet he did what was planned I guess, go with the flow something like that!?:

edit on 24-5-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

I only mentioned facts and real events! If you don't think so who is blind really!?
Of course it matters, it ain't that much different then with N-Korea.. N-Korea is also on that axis of evil list from Bush, of course Trump is just following the same road (as did Obama):
Axis of evil list:
IraQ
Iran
N-Korea
Cuba
Libya
Syria

Any country on that list is = listen or get destroyed basiclly!!! no deals and even when they comply it doesn't matter they still bad and the US just say; not good enough we go on with sanctions or worse war.

Nope. Zero evil in any of them. Just a game plan against righteous nations. Yawn.

Are you serious!?

This is the problem with the planet. If other countries do it, it is evil, if your country does it, then it is ok.

This is why governments brainwash people with patriotism for your country. Means they can get away with pretty much anything because the people are so brainwashed and conditioned!

Yes, I'm serious. I will point this out once more, you...and others, use the U.S. as an excuse for the countries named above. Period. Simple.

What ends up is they are 'excused' and the U.S. isn't. I suggest that is as biased as it gets.

I will compensate and use your bias as a rational for my bias.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join