It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cancels Singapore Summit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Trump just now.

We're more than ready to wipe you out if you do something foolish.

Looks like we're back to square one... or worse.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I can't agree with the logic, at all.

Do you really think Trump would sign an agreement negotiated by other nations-unless it was unbelievably in the U.S.'s favor- without input?

An unlikely scenario, to say the least. The others might pre-negotiate points, perhaps merely 'advise', but Trump 'signing' anything that didn't meet with his views of a fair agreement. Don't hold your breath...

Heck, it was even implied that the U.S. would guarantee NK's security!!

That was a mind warping offer!! NK still sends antagonistic rhetoric???

Screw that meeting.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
Trump just now.

His letter read that way, too.

Maybe he feels that this is how he needs to communicate to that person. I dunno. Its not how I would do it, but I keep power hidden as a trump card rather than projecting it in front of me.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Balls in NK's court. Up to them to really want to make this work.

Course Pence telling him he could end up like Qaddafi was horribly counterproductive.

WTF was he thinking when he said that. Sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut Mike.

I'm holding out hope there can be a good, solid agreement, not one just for political legacy....cough cough IRAN.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Bolton mentioned just as things look great that the US should follow the Libya model (Libya also agreed to stop trying to get nukes and look what happened after).
Iraq also, they let inspectors in and everything, didn't matter.

Now with Iran as well, Iran agreed and let inspectors in their country and they followed the rules but no, the US just quits with agreed terms!! and follow the old road of sanctions and or war.

The US is not trust able at all! not even close.
They care about control in the world and that goods like oil getting sold in us dollars (keeping the world trading currency in tact (free money), that their main export (weapons) keeps growing.
Even more so now the US is doing really bad economical, Obama in 8 years from 10.5 trillion > 20 trillion and now the debt is growing even faster since the US doesn't sell that much except weapons (that is also allot of jobs!).
Of course this is very dangerous for world peace, and lets hope the US doesn't go all crazy when the US is really bankrupt (I do believe they are already but not in a free fall yet!)
edit on 24-5-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Seriously! These leaders are like children. And to think they decide if we go to war or not!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm pretty confident Kim is going to come back with... "bring it!"

Of course, we won't do anything unless Kim lobs a rocket at US interests.

But, I just get this feeling things may go downhill quickly.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Trump just now.

Well if it's boom time then we will know for sure that he is the snake that he warned about in his favourite poem....

I'm optimistic about the future because every time it looks like doom, Trump seems to keep things orderly.

Only an observation...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

Bolton mentioned just as things look great that the US should follow the Libya model (Libya also agreed to stop trying to get nukes and look what happened after).
Iraq also, they let inspectors in and everything, didn't matter.

Now with Iran as well, Iran agreed and let inspectors in their country and they followed the rules but no, the US just quits with agreed terms!! and follow the old road of sanctions and or war.

The US is not trust able at all! not even close.

Your whole post is alteration of facts. As it's off opic to delve into those messes. Nothing in the ME has anything to do with the fact that if fat boy continues on his course, he and his regime is going down.

He's been offered an 'out'. Whether he misuses it or not is a subject for later on.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Awe shucks, I guess Trump won't get the NOBEL peace prize after all.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: theantediluvian

Atleast we got hostages back and Kim's nuclear bases destroyed.

Pres. Obama got 11 Hostages released (All but one that was taken in his final year) and he didn't have to make the USA look like idiots to do so.

Nobel Peace Prize!!!...Hilarious!!!

And psst...Kim did not destroy his nuclear bases??? He set off a bomb near a mountain and claimed it was a test facility.

What kind of news do you watch?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm pretty confident Kim is going to come back with... "bring it!"

Of course, we won't do anything unless Kim lobs a rocket at US interests.

But, I just get this feeling things may go downhill quickly.

Kim will likely continue talks with South Korea. He will ask for all US Troops exit South Korea as a starter.
If South Korea plays ball then the Korean Peninsula and South Korea trade goes to China and Russia.

Trump's art of the deal seems to always benefit China and Russia?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I only mentioned facts and real events! If you don't think so who is blind really!?
Of course it matters, it ain't that much different then with N-Korea.. N-Korea is also on that axis of evil list from Bush, of course Trump is just following the same road (as did Obama):
Axis of evil list:
IraQ
Iran
N-Korea
Cuba
Libya
Syria

Any country on that list is = listen or get destroyed basiclly!!! no deals and even when they comply it doesn't matter they still bad and the US just say; not good enough we go on with sanctions or worse war.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump just now.

Maybe he feels that this is how he needs to communicate to that person. I dunno. Its not how I would do it, but I keep power hidden as a trump card rather than projecting it in front of me.

"Projecting it in front of" you is a sign of insecurity and weakness.
Frankly it is embarrassing that this is our President.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The US democracy sometimes works against itself. Here you have A HALF SOBER PRESIDENT IN Obama that makes a reasonable deal with Iran, and then the nation elects an utter idiot who is an Israeli puppet who will literally follow anything they dictate and threaten world peace.

Bolton now, the neocon from hell is influencing Trump--the mindless dodo bird who knows nothing about anything.

Bolton comes in and the Iran deal is gone and the negotiations with NK are history.

Trump is clearly being manipulated by a powerful deep state neocon faction, who are pretending to be anti-Trump in the media but are just puppeteering Trump to start a war with Iran and probably NK as well.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
But the Q cult said the deal was already made, it was done...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Trump just now.

My question is, why TF does he have to say this? IS IT NOT OBVIOUS? Was there some doubt about the US Nuclear Capability?

He is an embarrassing idiot.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Bolton comes in and the Iran deal is gone and the negotiations with NK are history.

AFTER Bolton gives an interview and says the US is aiming for the "Libya Model" with North Korea. (Wink Wink)

Remember when Libya gave up their weapons and the US helped overthrow Kaddafi?? He was dragged out into the street and shot in the head?

Bolton got what he wants, but what Trump was offering wasn't legit either, Money and Guaranteed Security by the USA.
Essentially we would be bankrolling and defending a dictator that made Sadaam look like Ghandi.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn

I only mentioned facts and real events! If you don't think so who is blind really!?
Of course it matters, it ain't that much different then with N-Korea.. N-Korea is also on that axis of evil list from Bush, of course Trump is just following the same road (as did Obama):
Axis of evil list:
IraQ
Iran
N-Korea
Cuba
Libya
Syria

Any country on that list is = listen or get destroyed basiclly!!! no deals and even when they comply it doesn't matter they still bad and the US just say; not good enough we go on with sanctions or worse war.

Nope. Zero evil in any of them. Just a game plan against righteous nations. Yawn.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I would imagine this is why no other president has accepted the first, or rather any, invitation from this regime to meet - because they play games and make you look weak in the end, like this. He shouldn't have fallen for it, but he probably didn't listen to any advice.

And we knew the meeting was canceled a couple of days ago when there was "slight" chance of the meeting getting canceled.. please. The letter is just a few days late, but then again, the letter is not for Kim, it's for us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join