It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Cancels Singapore Summit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
President Donald Trump offered Kim Jong UN a very face Saving option to acquiesce. Leaving a path open with no one eating that delicacy A La Crow.....

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He deserves a nobel piss prize for this. MAGA.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthernLites
a reply to: theantediluvian

Kim threatens to cancel Summit.

Insults our VP

Trump cancels anyways.

ALPHA MOVE

"Know when to walk away from the table." - The Art of the Deal

Yup, seems like it could just be nothing more than a negotiating tactic. Reminds me of the dreamer proposal that trump offered, dems wanted more, even when he already offered them more then they initially wanted. They refused so he pulled the whole thing off the table. Isn't that how a good negotiator, who holds most(the better) cards, is supposed to work.

I don't think some of these people are used to dealing with someone with a spine, atleast not one representing this country. It's a bit of a change of pace for many on the world stage.
edit on 24-5-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

They will still mark the event because it's going through whether you like it or not.

According to the letter, signed by Trump, the summit will not take place. I find the coin distasteful because it features an image of Kim, but not XI or Moon who also have a large hand in these peace talks. The coin should depict all 4 players, don't you think?
edit on 24-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You have a good point

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Interesting point. I'm unable to argue with that.

Credit where it's due, they may be somewhat irked by Trump and Kim taking all the credit.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Also apologies for judging you. My bad.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
As far as the coins are concerned, placing them on a B-52 and dropping them on North Korea is out of the question. However a rail gun shooting them over NoKo from the 38th might would work.

I'm standing behind the president for canceling the summit, its the right thing to do in lieu of the very recent messages from the North Korean political bureau. North Korea did blow up a known nuclear site about an hour ago, so there may still be hope for a restarting of the talks. I can't believe the lefties on here that can't see past their noses going but Trump but Trump... You all need to to go see the world as it really is. There are still cannibals in Africa, South America and some of the South Pacific Islands. What I'm saying is: The world is a very, very dangerous place...

fox6now.com...

edit on 24-5-2018 by NightFlight because: plain as the nose on you face...

edit on 24-5-2018 by NightFlight because: Terrible slepper

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Like I said after Trump's statements yesterday, he wants Kim Jong to BEG.

The U.S. has nothing to lose by not going to Singapore.

Kim Jong's country is going down the toilet fast, thanks to global sanctions.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Word.

It took a few decades for me to realise it but in the end you just have to accept it.

There is no Utopia and there never will be.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And Utopia is fraught with contradictions
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Indeed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Very interesting timing...

www.9news.com.au...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just as I expected. If there is peace no weapons to sell to S-Korea (& Japan) and less control in the region (with China) for the US. But N-Korea and S-Korea should continue without the US for securing peace and working together.

Why they need the US for that? Especially since it's not in the the US interest having peace / no conflicts, as they care about that really, the most war mongering nation / biggest producer of arms there is.

edit on 24-5-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

They will still mark the event because it's going through whether you like it or not.

Your hatred for peace makes my stomach turn.

✌ I bet you find that symbol derogatory for one reason or another....

Your 'peace' is appeasement which eventually morphs into defeat. You want peace? "Rest in Peace". That's where it real and lasting peace is found.
edit on 24-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
Just as I expected. If there is peace no weapons to sell to S-Korea (& Japan) and less control in the region (with China) for the US. But N-Korea and S-Korea should continue without the US for securing peace and working together.

Why they need the US for that? Especially since it's not in the the US interest having peace / no conflicts, as they care about that really, the most war mongering nation / biggest producer of arms there is.

While I appreciate your logic, we are there because of the United Nations. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail in North Korea and we will soon be out of there...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't blame Trump for this. If you are trying to negotiate with someone and all they want to do is play games and denigrate you. You walk away. Trump even did it in a mostly polite way. He left the door open for more negotiations without burning any bridges.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Like I said after Trump's statements yesterday, he wants Kim Jong to BEG.

The U.S. has nothing to lose by not going to Singapore.

Kim Jong's country is going down the toilet fast, thanks to global sanctions.

I disagree. NK bitched about the long scheduled military exercise that went down- nothing has really changed other than talk- Trump responded and pulled the B-52s back to Guam.

That didn't appease NK at all. Trump gve them a face saving move and rather than acknowledging it, the Rhetoric continued.

Trump doubled down. If you don't see where Trump and the U.S. are likely in a lose situation with that meeting, I suggest you look at it again. JMO, though.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

A little macabre view on things but not wrong.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Having heard this, the following can be stated:

The first thing to consider, is that this is nothing new. North Korea, has promised many things in the past, and then chose to not do such, or to do an about face. And while many seem to think that Trump cancelling the meeting is a good idea, in reality it was the opposite, and will come back to haunt the USA.

If Trump had made the determination to keep this meeting, it would put North Korea on a scramble, that they would have to show up to the meeting, to actually start and prepare to negotiate for peace. The claims that they could make about the US being a bully, that the sanctions were unjust would not hold water, when if they were holding the proverbial olive branch, and the US took it, would mean that in the eyes of the world that they were serious and that there could be an easing of sanctions, among other things.

However, in this case Trump cancelled the meeting. That message, that action will have more ramifications that will ripple around the world, far more than anyone can guess. From the get go, I have stated this was a trap, carefully laid by the North Korean government to play Trump. And he took the bait, now it has been sprung. The first thing is that North Korea is going to use this to their advantage, and play the victim. And with Trump having pulled out, gives their claims weight, that the US, and its allies are bullying them, that the US was not serious about peace. This in turn will give them a sympathetic ear in their allies, more importantly China who will come to their aid and ease up the sanctions on them. It will also give the other regional countries and powers there pause to consider this relationship and decide on how to proceed. South Korea, is caught in the middle, and having to decide what is in its best interest right now, to either proceed and try to salvage the process and proceed with an ending of the Korean conflict, or to continue it.

On the other hand, had Trump continued on with the preparations, and not cancelled, then the weight would be given more to the US, showing that the country was very serious about peace and ending the Korean conflict. China would then be forced, though that action to put more pressure on North Korea, to attend and participate, and ultimately work towards that goal. Their inaction would not really be tolerated.

Something tells me that the next time this happens, will be that a treaty will have been forged, and the only reason for the US to show up, will be to sign the treaty and will have had no part in its framing, design or terms in it. IN short Trump just removed the US from the negotiating table, leaving it in the hands of China, Russia, and Japan to be the participants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join