It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your quick go bag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So any real survivalist has a multitude of bags and places to go already mapped out. But this thread is strictly about your quick go bag. Now we all that have a bag and any smart person will carry a gun but that is not attached in most cases so if it is not then don’t tell me what you got. I started this thread because I was recently rummaging though mine and mucked it up.
So my basic contents are
Czech Republic poncho with a wet bag
Two first aid kits
1 bottle of water purification tablets(taste like poo btw)
One fire starter kit but I also have my knife and i also have my survival watch
One singly use poncho
Space blanket
One E-tool
A mess kit
2 pairs of wool socks and 2 pairs of long johns
1 pair of heavy duty winter gloves and 1 pair of worker gloves
1 pair of Nemesis shades(the good ones)
And last but not least Nutts and jerky, I left out a few things that I don’t want to share but those are my basics.
What are yours?!?

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I never liked the idea of bugging out. Unless you live in certain areas of the country where population density is already low and resources plentiful, it doesnt make sense. I live next to Disneyland, so anywhere i could likely get to that has enough resources to sustain me would likely have a few hundred thousand people also heading towards it eager to pick it clean like a swarm of locust.

That being said, if one was to bug out you would likely be living a lifestyle similar to the trappers of old and should probably pack accordingly.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

That is very true and luckily I am good at trapping and hunting. Where I live now it would be very hard to bug out seeing how it’s just outside Vegas and all but I still stayed prepared from when I was in Oklahoma.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I am still refining mine, my get home bag more closely resembles a bug out bag.

But the gist is along these lines.

First aid kits
Compact fishing gear
Poncho
500 ft of para cord.
hatchet
multiple knives (carrying, fish cleaning, deer cleaning etc)
some form of packaged food
Couple bags of candy (while rucking my favorite are skittles, usually lets me go further before I have to stop and eat)
change of underwear and socks
gloves
broken in boots
compact cook stove (usable with multiple fuel types)
magnesium rod for fire starting
Snares

Probably several others I am forgetting at the moment.
ETA: water purification of any variety.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

an what do you envision that the above list will enable you to acheive ?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well if I was on my own it could achieve a lot with what I know how to do. Why do you ask?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

edit on 24-5-2018 by Plotus because: pffffft

edit on 24-5-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Like i said earlier there are a multitude of bags you should keep. This thread is strictly about a you have no time and have to GTFO bag. Cmon guys stick to the thread. I meant for this to be more of a informative thread.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I don't plan on going anywhere.
I prefer the home field advantage if you get my drift.
All my survival supplies are at home.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Sorry mate, I have a 3 day bag in my wifes car and in my car, both bug out bags fully packed in the house.

There are few situations where I wouldn't have at least a fully prepared 3 days worth of food water and shelter.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think I need a moving truck for my bugout bag.

Or....I'll stay in my nice cozy home with a great mattress. Who cares if I have to get water out of the water bucket to flush the toilet and burn the trash since they won't pick up the garbage. Most of our trash is junk mail and newspapers anyway..hopefully they won't be delivering those.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Mine

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
My bag is just a small joggers backpack,but it has some goodies in it and it doesn't need to be big.
Its a basic kit that doesn't look like a survival pack.

A folding saw.
15 meters of small chord and 15 meters of heavy chord
Water purification tablets and a 1 liter bottle.
A multitool.
Bic lighter
Sharpener
Magnesium stick and 2 ferro rods
Swiss army knife as well as a big working knife
Small tin with charred clothe
Small medicine bottle with cotton and vasoline
Compass
A pocket fishing kit
Space blanket
Mess kit with rice,muffin mix,biscuit mix and some dehydrated veggies for a soup.
2 small flashlights

My other bag is what I call home in a bag.
edit on 24-5-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)
forgot my lighter and compass
edit on 24-5-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
'Buggout Bag' being the popular term (just FYI).

I live out in the country and although I don't consider myself a 'prepper', my perspective and preperation is souly from a seasoned hunters and survivalists point of view, not some MadMax fairytale. I do have a bugout bag. If sh!t we're to hit the fan, I think I'd do fine. I've got a couple relatives that live on a an adjoined 80 acres or so, half hardwoods, half pasture, with a natural spring on the property... that's hugely important.

As far as my buggout bag goes:

I've got an Eberlestock military pack, with two rifle sheaths built into the pack.
High medical grade first aid kit.
Small water tight box for lighters, strikers, matches, batteries and electronics.
- handcrank radio and flashlight with usb charger, which can be used to recharge my rechargeable batteries.
Leatherman multi-tool
2 Skinning Knives
Tomahawk
Machete
Takedown recurve bow (30 arrows)
Wringer towel
Pocket magnifying glass (for fire).
Telescoping fishing rod & small tacklebox.
Reel of Paracord
Sleeping bag
1 person tent
Camelback
Sewing kit
Boresnake & rem-oil
Backup pair of leather shoes, socks, 2 shirts, poncho, jeans, underwear and flipflops

edit on 24-5-2018 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i keep go bags in the office and commuter vehicles.

At home, my outdoor projects are each in their own bag; i.e., a shooting bag, a fishing bag, archery bag, etc. everyone of them has game knives, first aid kit, lighter, backup fire source.

The car and office bags have cheap China-made ham radios.

We practice abandoning the house in 5 or 10 minute Windows. Each family member knows their part. The focus is on tools and supplies that leverage your skills, rather than "victory through superior inventory".

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i keep go bags in the office and commuter vehicles.

At home, my outdoor projects are each in their own bag; i.e., a shooting bag, a fishing bag, archery bag, etc. everyone of them has game knives, first aid kit, lighter, backup fire source.

The car and office bags have cheap China-made ham radios.

We practice abandoning the house in 5 or 10 minute Windows. Each family member knows their part. The focus is on tools and supplies that leverage your skills, rather than "victory through superior inventory".

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My bag is more or less a 72 hour emergency bag in case of flooding/fire/whatever happens in a big city, which can also be used as a bug out kit. I've made it so it can last 30 days. Including one for our dog.
- first aid
- prescriptions for all family, including pepsin/gravol for the dog (he has tummy issues)
- toilet paper
- garbage bags
- fishing line/hooks/weights
- fire starter kits, feroo,magnesium, waterproof and normal matches, kindling (I bought those takeout aluminum containers and put dryer lint/fabric sheet/kindling/tealight in them and they are sealed in ziplock bags. Have fire starter pucks
- large tarp that can be used as a tent or floor
- portable stove
- portable tiny lanterns that use tea lights
- candy
- nuts/protein bars/tea/electrolyte/coffee packets/soup packets
- water purifier pills/liquid
- ties
- thread kit
- knives
- socks
- work gloves
- mosquito head coverings
- toques
- waterproof ponchos
- emergency blankets
- pack of cards
- survivial edible plants cards/defence cards
- antibiotics (3 types/prescription pain meds), ammonium, gravol, vitamins
- socks for the dog (for paw safety)
- face masks, heavy rubber gloves (one for every member of family)
- maps
- bug repellant
- fingernail clippers
- flashlights
- radio/batteries
- Lumber crayons
- One backpack per person with a waterproof itemized list of what is in each bag tied to the handle of each bag
- old eyeglasses
- duct tape
- pot for boiling water/soup

I know I'm forgetting something. And, of course there are the heavy items such as axe/shovel/etc.

I go through them once a year and add as I can afford, and to rotate meds, etc to keep them fresh. I keep a photo of each bag's items.

If I or my family is in danger of being nuked or some such horrible ending then so be it. These bags are made for short term survival in the event of a natural catastrophe and the ability to make it in most locations.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Ohhh a pack of cards is smart! I didn’t think about something to keep me busy in a slow time.
Thank you for that one

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

The reason i said quick go bag is that I take this one with me every where i go. It is somewhat light. My bug out bag I keep on my work bench with supplies kept out and a check list next to it. Last time I weighed it was at 76 pounds. That was with a full bladder which I can’t remember the amount it carries.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: ccseagull

Ohhh a pack of cards is smart! I didn’t think about something to keep me busy in a slow time.
Thank you for that one

Not that you would need this, but there are several sets of playing cards out there that are survival themed and have bits of bushcraft lore printed on them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join