It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NFL Policy. Re: The National Anthem.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If they didn't get angry at the term SJW, it might go away, but when the exemplify the qualities so profoundly, it's almost impossible not to point it out.

Hell, they don't seem to be afraid of it, why not embrace it?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You mean like the thread about the “cry closet” at university, even though it didn’t directly affect the OP at all, and no one is forced to go into the closet? You mean like that?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Just wants an opportunity to bash his fellow countrymen for daring not to think and live like he does.

Isn't that what the "must stand and respect" people are also doing? Each side has an opinion and thinks it is the way it should be.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You mean like the thread about the “cry closet” at university, even though it didn’t directly affect the OP at all, and no one is forced to go into the closet? You mean like that?

"University" = emotionally stunted weak "adult" factories.
edit on 23 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Kharron

Sounds like your brother is a judgmental asshole.

No, sounds like he watched The Campaign, when everyone laughed when the protagonist says it in the movie; he says it because he plays an idiot and everyone knows it and finds it funny.

My brother doesn't care about politics, doesn't discuss them, he works in the medical field and helps every single person he can. He just has a keen eye for idiots. The funny thing is not that he said it, but how well it worked.

edit on 23-5-2018 by Kharron because: wrong movie title

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Just wants an opportunity to bash his fellow countrymen for daring not to think and live like he does.

Isn't that what the "must stand and respect" people are also doing? Each side has an opinion and thinks it is the way it should be.

It's a respect thing. Just as you are free to go through life as a giant asshole, you are free to show disrespect during the Anthem if that's your bag. You may get some looks from others, but they will just be quietly wondering what your problem is.

You aren't forced into anything you don't want to do. That's why so many died to protect your rights.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I see "compromise" isn't in your vernacular.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You do know that is not a quote from Talladega Nights, right?

link   
Ultra-nationalists? Nope, just citizens sick of whiny ass wannabe's who think they should dictate politics or social issues. Go chase your football....hell wimps cannot even tackle each other like they used too...might get hurt. No #!

Duck people who do not like the anthem.
Duck people who do not like our flag.
Duck people who do not have patriotism.

Why? Because I can say it. It is my right. However, if I was at work I would have to not share my views based on company policy.

Fine them 100k a game.

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-23T13:23:55-05:000155 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: network dude
It's a respect thing.

It's a good thing Jesus and God don't know about it.

I mean, people have actually been kneeling in churches for ages. Such disrespect!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The players are employees with a union negotiated league contract.
The NFL can insist that the players stand and show respect to the flag or the players can be fined or suspended under the league's code of conduct rules that the union reps signed.

Don't like it?
Get better negotiators next time.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: intrepid

Isn't it sad that the NFL feels the need to explain themselves or placate to ultra-nationalists?

Respecting the flag and the national anthem is "ultra-nationalist".
Hmm, who'd have thought...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Ultra-nationalists? Nope, just citizens sick of whiny ass wannabe's who think they should dictate politics or social issues. Go chase your football....

So people with social concerns should just sit down oops, stand up and shut up?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Ultra-nationalists? Nope, just citizens sick of whiny ass wannabe's who think they should dictate politics or social issues

why single out only sports players?

what about Rightists who are outspoken?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Isn't it sad that the NFL feels the need to explain themselves or placate to ultra-nationalists?

What’s sad is they have to intact a policy that should be common sense, but this generation of NFL communists need it spelled out for them. Standing for the anthem isn’t ‘ultra-nationalist’. Not standing is ultra-liberal.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is nothing more than manufactured outrage because Trump was denied the opportunity to purchase the Buffalo Bills back in the day, and the man-child-in-chief holds eternal grudges. He played his supporters like a fiddle to get his petty revenge, and they ate it up.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
dbl posts

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

People with concerns should voice them on their own time.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornYesterday

You do know that is not a quote from Talladega Nights, right?

No, I really don't, I took a guess. I just looked it up and it's another Will Farrell movie, The Campaign, where he plays a dumb, corrupt politician.

Which now makes more sense, in the movie it's funny because the politician knows how to appease the lowest common denominator.

It's not the words "America, Jesus, Freedom!" that are funny, it's how well they work on the uninformed.

p.s. Sorry for all the double posts, ATS is running like molasses and posting a single post takes 2-3 minutes and creates doubles. I don't know what's going on with ATS for the last month.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join