It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NFL Policy. Re: The National Anthem.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: American-philosopher

They have every right to protest, even if their rules are against it. Sure there may be repercussions, but that's the choice they make when protesting. Some of the repercussions are that fans chose not to participate anymore. That effected the bottom line, and enacted the change we see here today.

so everyone is still free to do anything they like. Fans are free to not watch, players are free to break their leagues rules.

No they're not. They do not have every right to protest. Never have. Never will.

What part of the 'Gov't shall not infringe' do you not understand?? Rather simple.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If you do not care , why do you invest so much of your time responding on an obscure thread tucked away on the vast internet never to be seen by the large majority of the world ?

Are you just having a bad day and venting to feel better ? , Did you lose your dog ? , or is it just that time of the month ?

If you and the introvert think so little of football and it means nothing to you at all and is irrelevant why even post ?

It has to be SJWism or ego , if not honestly tell why you post about a form of entertainment you care nothing about?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It's all good, both very funny movies!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

from your list

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL personnel.

seems the ball is squarely in the nfls court as they get to decide what that "conduct" is as I posted earlier

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

a reply to: American-philosopher

They have every right to protest, even if their rules are against it. Sure there may be repercussions, but that's the choice they make when protesting. Some of the repercussions are that fans chose not to participate anymore. That effected the bottom line, and enacted the change we see here today.

so everyone is still free to do anything they like. Fans are free to not watch, players are free to break their leagues rules.

No they're not. They do not have every right to protest. Never have. Never will.

What part of the 'Gov't shall not infringe' do you not understand?? Rather simple.

I think the first amendment covers that.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

All they are doing during the game is refusing to stand during the spectacle, that is being fined, the reasons they give AFTER in interviews doesn't disrupt the game, so this argument that it "disrupts the game" is false

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just now realized that someone people may be offended at this stuff. I apologize if people are offended. I simply assumed people who post here generally don't watch football, and know what games are used for. Therefore it should be ok to talk about football as a distraction for the dumb masses, which is what this website has discussed for YEARS!

It literally comes up every year, and the consensus on this website USED to be that it's bread and games. Times are changing.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I am confused now.

I can see that.

Was Trump smart for enacting change in the NFL with just one sentence, or was he dumb for being able to enact change in the NFL with just one sentence?

Him being "smart, or dumb" is as irrelevant as the price of eggs in China, and I made no claim regarding either.

What I said is that his attacks against the NFL were simply motivated by immature notions of revenge.

This may come as a surprise to you, but both "smart", and "dumb" people are capable of acting immature.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to straw man and deflect to notions of his intelligence, or lack thereof. Try to keep up and address what people actually say.
edit on 5/23/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It's fine, man... the holier than thou enlightened elitist facade bothers very few anymore. If the one giving the opinion isn't respected, then why would the opinion matter in the least?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It is not a 'spectacle' and the attitudes of many of you in this thread are the reason we need it. It is unifying. It is not about race, color, religion, hate, or even love. It is about respect. Respect and common decency are missing in this day and age. Stand up and support your country.

It does disrupt. Do you have kids? If you do, then your children might have asked you why they do it. What does this dialogue bring? An intro to hate for many. One Dad can say they are standing up to oppression. One Dad can say they are complaining about a non issue. It can plant seeds of ignorance in young kids. You can believe it or not but they are very impressionable. Not all but a lot and it is unneeded.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't expect everyone to understand pride in one's home. Some people are takers, and some are givers. My experience serving my country was good, I feel like I was able to do a small part, while gaining some training and knowledge along the way, and for that I am thankful. I firmly believe that when I was working as a USAF person, I was helping to keep the tradition of keeping my country safe.

You are conflating simple pride and patriotism, with ultra-nationalism.

I won't apologize for my beliefs, just as I won't tell you what yours should be. You are free to mock the military, mock God, and mock those who served and died thinking they were trying to keep you safe. I'll just smile, shake my head and know in my heart that no matter what little folks like you think, there are those risking their lives right now, to make sure you have the right and ability to spew the garbage you spew.

Nice appeal to emotion. I've said nothing about the military or my approach to vets.

Again, you are conflating separate issues.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

It's sad that you would say silly things like that, then act as if he's not intelligent in the same sentence. Kind of shows a lack of intellect.

He didn't need to be president to attack the NFL, but having such support certainly didn't hurt. Correlation is not causation, and his lack of emotional maturity has nothing to do with his intelligence. There's a reason EQ an IQ are different concepts. Your straw man arguments kinda show a lack of intellect when it comes to constructing logical arguments.

I am confused now. Was Trump smart for enacting change in the NFL with just one sentence, or was he dumb for being able to enact change in the NFL with just one sentence?

Why should anyone have to choose? He's duart... or would it be smumb?

Seriously, in this regard I think Trump caught an updraft and rode it for awhile. Not saying he didn't 100% believe in the message he stated on the topic, but I think he's one of those "finger on the pulse of populist opinion" wizzes who realized the kneeling issue was about to boil over and the league was about to see a measurable number of fans say "we've had enough of your BS, millionares who's only reason for being on TV is your ability to catch, throw, run, or hit" and he roped that storm. Personally speaking, I stopped watching middle of the prior season and Kapernick's sideline act was only a piece of why... the league isn't fun anymore, Goodell sucks, the rule changes suck, etc. I probably won't watch again until Goodell is gone, and even then maybe not.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: intrepid

Isn't it sad that the NFL feels the need to explain themselves or placate to ultra-nationalists?

What’s sad is they have to intact a policy that should be common sense, but this generation of NFL communists need it spelled out for them. Standing for the anthem isn’t ‘ultra-nationalist’. Not standing is ultra-liberal.

No. Standing for the anthem is not ultra-nationalist. Even I stand for the flag, out of respect.

It is the outrage surrounding the entire ordeal that is rooted in ultra-nationalism.

Snowflakes and SJW's on both sides of the issue. People such as myself wonder why it's an issue at all. Both sides are a bunch of #ing whiners.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
I just now realized that someone people may be offended at this stuff. I apologize if people are offended. I simply assumed people who post here generally don't watch football, and know what games are used for. Therefore it should be ok to talk about football as a distraction for the dumb masses, which is what this website has discussed for YEARS!

It literally comes up every year, and the consensus on this website USED to be that it's bread and games. Times are changing.

ATS is another digital "pen" for the Right Wing sheep of today.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

The facts seem to be rather straightforward. The Pegulas paid about $400 million more for the Buffalo Bills than what Trump claims to have bid.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So you are blaming people who have legitimate issues (regardless if you believe it or not) for parents who don't know how to explain things to their kids?

And, it was never televised until "patriots" and Media started making such a big deal about it, they hardly ever televised the spectacle, when they first started sitting no one knew the first 2 or three times, so why don't you blame the special snowflakes that got upset someone wanted to sit during the spectacle, they are the ones that really brought it to attention and became a media marketable thing

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

I post for the same reason conservatives post about obscure things they read on the internet related to so-called liberals that have nothing to do with them, yet they post to complain about it anyway.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

Dupe

edit on 23-5-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: redmage

The facts seem to be rather straightforward. The Pegulas paid about $400 million more for the Buffalo Bills than what Trump claims to have bid.

Ok, so he was simply being dishonest when he made his claims of being shut-out/denied the opportunity to become a team owner. I guess it was easier on his ego for him to claim to be a victim than it was for him to openly admit that he simply couldn't reasonably afford the team.

Trump being dishonest isn't really much of a surprise anymore, but thanks for the update.

edit on 5/23/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's fine, man... the holier than thou enlightened elitist facade bothers very few anymore. If the one giving the opinion isn't respected, then why would the opinion matter in the least?

Yeah, but I didn't mean it that way, lol

Personal experience is most everyone here is pretty intelligent, so they understand football is bread and games. It would appear the website is going through a regression.
I'll be more careful not to trigger people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join