It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NFL Policy. Re: The National Anthem.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I call it whining because this is simply standing there for a single song.

It's a bit like the atheist upset over seeing the word God on his dollar bill or being asked to observe a moment of silence because we all know that means he's being forced to pray or something.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I call it whining because this is simply standing there for a single song.

then it shouldnt be a big deal if they dont do it

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
While they are at it then they need to shut down all concessions during the anthem as well. If the national anthem is the single most important thing in the history of the universe then it's only right to make sure that every individual present within the stadium is recognizing it's glory.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
While they are at it then they need to shut down all concessions during the anthem as well. If the national anthem is the single most important thing in the history of the universe then it's only right to make sure that every individual present within the stadium is recognizing it's glory.

good point.
if it is such a big deal to show that forced respect then we cant have people buying beer and taking #s while that is going on.

you know.
"oh #. the anthem is coming. i only have 3 minutes to grab another over priced beer"

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yes. It was never really about patriotism and wanting everyone to stand for our country. That was just the excuse.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Blaine91555

Technically their franchise is their employer. The NFL is just the governing body.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people out there that flaunt OSHA regulations that don't get fired.

I'm at a complete loss as to how that is relevant to anything I said?

This is about the bottom line.

The players have every right to walk away and not play if they wish. They don't have the right to do harm to their employers business and drive customers away. To think that is absurd. They don't want to abide by their rules of employment, they need to leave.

If politics is their thing, by all means, do all the politicking they want on their own time, but not during a game. Run for office if they want.

That OSHA comparison is pretty bad by the way

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
For the lefties that dont understand basic economics its real simple

Veterans and conservatives do not like it when people kneel during the national anthem

They have more money and spend more money on NFL tickets and products and there For the owners of the teams realized during last years protest that in order to not lose billions in revenue they need to mandate policy to doesn't scare off their revenue sources

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Haven't seen this posted yet.

New York Jets chairman, brother of Trump ambassador, says he'll pay fines for team players who protest during anthem

thehill.com...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Let them bleat. They've lost. They know it. Sooner or later they'll tire of complaining and find something else.

Some might even grow up and recognize that they will have to deal with. (I do suspect many aren't even football fans and couldn't really care less.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Everybody’s so patriotic; too bad few here understand the very meaning of the flag

FREEDOM

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
For the lefties that dont understand basic economics its real simple

Veterans and conservatives do not like it when people kneel during the national anthem

They have more money and spend more money on NFL tickets and products and there For the owners of the teams realized during last years protest that in order to not lose billions in revenue they need to mandate policy to doesn't scare off their revenue sources

all veterans?

dont think so

some would say they fought for the freedom/right to choose to stand or not

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Everybody’s so patriotic; too bad few here understand the very meaning of the flag

FREEDOM

so it does not mean you will stand and show respect and you will like it?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There is nothing more American than forcing people to stand for the national anthem or face punishment.

USA USA USA

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

its the american way
force others to conform to your ideas and ideals

hoo ra

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This actually may make things worse.
It may make martyrs out of protesters and just raise the publicity of the situation.
And during games, the press will be looking for players not on the field during the anthem.
Such players may get booed or harassed
Just imagine a shooting occurring and many players invoke their constitutional right to protest.
So even though the owners think this will ease things up, it might, in fact, make things worse.
Also, they’ll probably be lawsuits and eventfully this may get to the Supreme Court

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I don’t go to football games.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2018 by Blackhull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Why can't the NFL just grow a pair and state employees are required to be on the field for the national anthem. If the players don't like it, they can go find a new job.

because without the players there would be no league. The players and personnel have united to decide that protesting social injustice is an American constitutional right. I bet if your job wanted you to stand and salute every day, and you didn't want to-- as it had absolutely nothing to do with your job and/or performance--you'd feel like you were treated pretty unfairly when they fired you for it. Its just a flag and a song. Get over it. They're not disrespecting our country or our soldiers. These anti-constitutional-pretend-patriots, with their fabricated outrage, are much worse than ANY SJW.

Btw nowhere in our sacred national document does it say an employer has the right to force you to stand for an anthem, salute a flag, or stand in support of a tyrannical government. It's not unpatriotic to stand against tyranny or social injustice. In fact it's just the opposite. It's the uber-nationalist d bags who are the unpatriotic ones. Masquerading as true patriots, feigning moral outrage over a poem and piece of cloth, while proudly supporting the perpetual desecration of the Constitution.

Eta: I do not believe sports is the place for social activism. However I much prefer political activism with my football, over a dictatorial league or government. Or for that matter a hypocritical president (Russian collusion and election rigging is far more anti-American than kneeling during a 2 to 300 yr old song.) A song btw, about a flag and country that is no longer the proud, strong, and most importantly...JUST, bastion of freedom it was when it was written.

Bravo for the nfl players union for standing their ground. Imo this is a happy medium. Kinda like a.....GASP!!!...DEMOCRACY

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The irony here, as I see it, Trump uses his time serving Americans using his 1st Amendment right to protest the very government he's supposed to be protecting, attacking judges and the judicial system, the legal system, the CIA, the FBI, the NSA, Congress,the list goes on. But American role models wanting to speak against police brutality and injustice don't respect "the flag" or our country!

edit on 23-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: network dude

Sports is just entertainment. I don’t know why we even have the national anthem played with U.S. teams. At the Olympics - I get it.

We don’t play the national anthem right before a movie starts at the cinema, or at the opera or ballet. Why do it before a football game?

Because people that watch football are usually god fearing beer drinking red blooded Americans. Maybe not so much the Opera people.

They don’t want to see a bunch of black guys getting paid millions to throw around a damn ball talking about what a racist country they live in.

This is the only country in the world that will pay millions for them to play football. The rest of the world doesn’t care.

Yeah!

They want fans back? Let them make it affordable to go to a game.

What is it now, $20 for a dog and a beer?

What's the tic prices?

Bad enough to get pissed to watch your team get smeared but to get pissed at the teams before the game starts?

Then pay those prices?

Gotta put asses in the seats.

Maybe the new rules will help, I doubt it tho. Networks will be highlighting who didn't show up on the field.

If these guys want to SJW, let them do it off season and after games on their own time. They play 16 times a year for big bucks for heaven's sake.

They ain't paid for their opinions until after they retire.

Shut up and stand up!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join