It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NFL Policy. Re: The National Anthem.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock
While they are at it then they need to shut down all concessions during the anthem as well. If the national anthem is the single most important thing in the history of the universe then it's only right to make sure that every individual present within the stadium is recognizing it's glory.

Yeah take out the tables and chairs while it's playing.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Well yeah, we wouldn't want to tempt any commies to plop a squat while the greatest creation known to man is being performed before their very eyes.

Hold them at gun point if they have to. We will not tolerate anyone offending the great Kim Jong Un.

USA USA USA

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
this is painful to watch. NFL players protested during the anthem. Fans didn't like it. They showed their displeasure by not spending money or watching the NFL. For whatever reason, the NFL decided to listen to the fans and not the players on this. That's it.

Players can still hate the PoPo, they can still protest, they can still do whatever they like. Even protest like they did. But now, there are fines associated with it, because the public made their point loud enough.

No rights were trampled on, no animals were harmed.

You are still free to hate whomever you like. But if the NFL wants the majority of it's patrons to patronize it, they will do what the patrons wish. END OF STORY.

all the rest is mental masturbation.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Precisely.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: CorvusJackdaw

Concussions? It's football. Injuries happen. That is your job. If you do not want to take the risk give back to 4 million a year and go get a job at Home Depot.

That's like saying:

"Mesothelioma from Asbestos Exposure? Malfunctioning equipment happens. That's a Firefighters job. If you do not want to take the risk give back your 40K a year and do get a job being a hair dresser."

However, if 281 cases of malfunctioning SCBA gear was reported a year you bet your ass there would be a public out cry to do something about it.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It is called a hazard of the job. Like saying welders should not get burns....

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Then WTF is it about? Please tell us oh wise one?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Then WTF is it about? Please tell us oh wise one?

This.

Why the heck do the players think they have to take a knee during the anthem? Are they opposed to banners that wave or dawn's early light?

Why don't they take a knee during half time? Why don't they take a knee during commercial breaks? Why don't they refuse to shake hands after the game is done? Why don't they protest when police show up for security?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Been like this for decades in the NBA...

www.sportingnews.com...

What is the big deal?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Way to little way to late. They’ve already shown their cards and I could care less if they penalize them or not. I really enjoyed not watching last season as I will enjoy not watching this one doing something productive. Thanks, NFL!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Those troublesome, unpatriotic athletes.
What are they thinking with this whole freedom of speech and peaceful protest business anyway!?

You’d think they lived in a democratic society or something....

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Well yeah, we wouldn't want to tempt any commies to plop a squat while the greatest creation known to man is being performed before their very eyes.

Hold them at gun point if they have to. We will not tolerate anyone offending the great Kim Jong Un.

USA USA USA

F the commies, wtf are they doing at an american football game?

They confused? Where's renaldo?

Gotta STAND in line to get popcorn.

But who cares, it's on the GD players not the customer.

Kim might go up in smoke like some of these assholes career.

Besides, I'd like to see more whites and asians playing.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Those troublesome, unpatriotic athletes.
What are they thinking with this whole freedom of speech and peaceful protest business anyway!?

You’d think they lived in a democratic society or something....

Nah, they think people are spending hundreds just to see them and care what they think.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I know! The nerve!
Nobody’s paying those guys to think.
This is Murica!
We don’t tolerate free thinking—especially where the flag is concerned.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CorvusJackdaw

Concussions? It's football. Injuries happen. That is your job. If you do not want to take the risk give back to 4 million a year and go get a job at Home Depot.

That's like saying:

"Mesothelioma from Asbestos Exposure? Malfunctioning equipment happens. That's a Firefighters job. If you do not want to take the risk give back your 40K a year and do get a job being a hair dresser."

However, if 281 cases of malfunctioning SCBA gear was reported a year you bet your ass there would be a public out cry to do something about it.

So? Anyone twisting your/their arm?

I'd get in the ring with Tyson for $40 mil.

He might let me hit him once or twice but i bet he'd knock me out in the 7th.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

I know! The nerve!
Nobody’s paying those guys to think.
This is Murica!
We don’t tolerate free thinking—especially where the flag is concerned.

Not on my dime.

You have support or ya don't.

Can't make me, nyah nynah.

No one gives a f.

PLAY BALL!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It’s so ridiculous—those meatheads trying to exercise their constitutional rights.

We pay to see them play, and they dare to insult us with such innocuous displays!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Anyone who decides to stop watching their favorite team just because someone takes a knee in protest is completely pathetic. I mean it is pathetic you fervently follow this nonsense of a sport in the first place. Now you're doubly pathetic. And the NFL is pathetic for taking your complaints seriously at all. They should just ignore you like anybody with any good sense. You don't even care what the protest is about, so what does it matter to you?
edit on 24-5-2018 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

7th seconds? I think it would be ding ding *bonk* 3 seconds.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of this A law barring the open carry of loaded firearms was passed in 1967 with the support of the National Rifle Association, after armed Black Panthers "invaded" the California state capitol earlier that year. .

Black players kneel then republicans attack and talking about having faux outrage that they are disrespecting the military personal, yep the same group who has attacked a war veteran John McCain.

I guess this outrage only applies when black people kneel during the anthem but not when it comes to other areas in support of Military personal.
edit on 24-5-2018 by dwaynedabigguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join