It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope on Homosexuality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If God made all then God made sin too.

Sin is God's little accident. Who could have known free will could be so complicated? No one knew!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
God claims it knew, when it claims to be all knowing
I think someone was lying in its resume

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
To the point, he's responsible for the entire Catholic religion, so essentially, what he says goes. And, how is he wrong? To a religious person, god made everything and everyone to be what they are. So...god made mistakes with homosexual people? That means he isn't all-powerful, therefore he isn't a god. Otherwise, if you take the premise that god is always right, then he was right to create people with homosexual feelings. Therefore, it isn't a sin.
Who cares who anyone loves, as long as it isn't harming anyone.
Bottom line, keep religion out of love. And government. And everything else.

Well said... it reminded me of something I heard in a movie once, but I cannot remember where or which one, but it stuck...

Paraphrasing: "If God is good, then he is not all powerful, and if he is all powerful he cannot be all good."

It applies here. If he created homosexuals in order to condemn them to his own hell, then he is not all good. And if he didn't want to create them like that, then he is not all powerful.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: redletter

Wait a minute...

You are going to defend TheBible™ with scripture from The Bible™?

Is that even Kosher???

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: visitedbythem
It doesn't matter what the pope says. He is just a man, and men cannot forgive sins regardless of what he says.

Scripture is very clear about Same sex sin. They spell it out very clearly.

Will my Father in Heaven stop loving and protecting me if I have sex with the same sex?

"My Father does art in Heaven..." Now if that read "My Father does Art in Heaven..." those w/a sick mind take it as a "green light" not only Sodom but Gonorrhea too...

Y'all are sick.. Unless You abide by King James Version II; 3rd re-write; 4th re-vision, if thats the case see You in Heaven I'm on cloud #487290 about 32 light years from Uranus...

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If God made all then God made sin too.

Sin is God's little accident. Who could have known free will could be so complicated? No one knew!

God should have known being all Omnipotent.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: redletter
I respect the Pope's opinion. But he is wrong to say that God created him that way. The Bible says:

And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.  Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” Genesis 1:27, 28.

So God made them male and female. Adam and Eve they were given the names, and they were married by God and told to have copulate and have children and fill the earth with human beings.

After that they sinned and died. And thus sin entered into the world through one man. Sin is a defect not made by God.

So whether a person is born with the birth defect, or they later become that way through their own freewill, or by the environment around them, it wasn't God who made them that way. Why would God condemn homosexuality if he made people that way? That makes no sense.

What the pope is in effect saying is that he doesn't believe in God's word. He is in effect saying he does not believe the Bible. He probably doesn't even believe in God.

I understand that you are explaining the dominant christian view of Genesis. But there is a chance that Genesis has a deeper esoteric meaning. That the Tree, Adam and Eve represent the masculine (Adam) and feminine (Eve) energies within our bodies (also shown in caduceus or staff of Hermes). These energies are known by Kabbalist to be suppressed if we use the energies for sense gratification (the apple).

If the spiritual book is giving us a spiritual understanding of our earthly form then its not mandating any freedoms we have on earth. Free will to do as we wish as long as we don't harm others.
edit on 21-5-2018 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: carewemust

No one can tell you that except the god of the Bible. Anyone else, can't prove they are speaking with its will. People need to think hard before accepting the words of some random crank

Apparently the POPE has expanded his thinking. That pleases God.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: redletter

Well Jesus believed the OT to be true... literally true.

It's only out of recent convenience that Christians now will just cherrypick the OT or try to write it off. But historically we both know that this the OT was/is part 1 of a 2 part book that to Christians shared the same god, the word of god, the holy spirit, the mightiness of god, divine justice & mercy, etc.

The same god.

Christians have always looked to the OT for life's big questions. So please, just because we've come to realize just how totally (and obviously) man-written and outer limits it is, doesn't change the truth of it's relevance in Christianity.

And if you believe in that contemptuous god, you best watch it when it comes to dismissing it so readily.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well he has not been struck down yet has he? Mind you neither has anyone in a long long time. There have been very few smitings of late.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How about this question though - not, did he create the Gays, but did he create the Grays?

If there are aliens then he created them all too, right? Did Jesus incarnate on every planet in the universe in order to die for their sins too? At which point does this become theatrics?

If we're in his image, whose image is everyone else in?

Now, that will be an evolution of the church I'm looking forward to, but it seems Francis is already getting ready for that one - he will welcome them and baptize them all.

Time

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
It doesn't matter what the pope says. He is just a man, and men cannot forgive sins regardless of what he says.

Scripture is very clear about Same sex sin. They spell it out very clearly.

I think there's more to it. I think he's going to try to exonerate all of the clergy who have been raping little boys.

"God programmed them this way."

Will never respect Catholicism from this day forth. It's a way of life now, much like a couple of other popular 'religions'.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I get the feeling you believe what you believe because that is what you were told to believe

Says the guy who cannot answer a simple question about God.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23421777]Noinden[/post
Don't try logic in these discussions
It never ends well for one side. No matter how correct you are about something which is claimed to be Omnipotent, omnipresent, etc

The best part is they know it and are scared to answer.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Omnipotence precludes making accidents.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Omnipotence precludes making accidents.

That would make sin intentional. If sin is intentional, can God be good?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

For Centuries Gay people have been told that they are God's abomination.

People themselves are not an abomination unto God, but homosexual acts are. As someone else said earlier, God loves everyone, but he hates their sin.

Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I get the feeling you believe what you believe because that is what you were told to believe

Says the guy who cannot answer a simple question about God.

You asked if God made gay people, I said "No"
I type in English, must be your problem not mine AM

Do you want me to repeat myself?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
That would make sin intentional. If sin is intentional, can God be good?

God can be indifferent, neither good nor evil. I suppose it all comes down to what you want to believe.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You asked if God made gay people, I said "No"

Then there are things the omnipotent creator of the universe didn't make?

I type in English, must be your problem not mine AM

Speaking of a failure to grasp the English language, you do know what omnipotent means, yeah?

Do you want me to repeat myself?

Sure, it's fun watching you fumfering about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join