It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Justice Announces Probe Of FBI Politically Motivated Spying On Trump Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Department of Justice announced Monday they will investigate the FBI
to determine whether there was politically motivated spying conducted
in the Trump 2016 Presidential Campaign.

Following demands by President Donald Trump for the Justice Department to investigate his claim that his campaign had been "infiltrated or surveilled" by the FBI, the agency on Monday directed the Inspector General to probe those accusations.

"The Department has asked the Inspector General to expand the ongoing review of the FISA application process to include determining whether there was any impropriety or political motivation in how the FBI conducted its counterintelligence investigation of persons suspected of involvement with the Russian agents who interfered in the 2016 presidential election," Department of Justice spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said in a statement.

www.nbcnews.com...

"If anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes, we need to know about it and take appropriate action," Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said.

Well that sure happened fast!

So much for all of the threats that were made Sunday by the former CIA Director,
Nancy Pelosi, and Eric Holder. Listening to them you would think the sky was
falling, ironic considering none of them even hold a current position in Government.

All of those texts from Peter Strzok, and Lisa Page are going to fuel this.

Something about not letting Trump win, and an Insurance Policy, etc.

Additional sources
www.bbc.com...

Townhall.com

ETA: Breaking update:

Confirmed: @POTUS 3pm Meeting w/ Coates, Rosenstein and Wray. “Focus is on the response to congressional requests. It was scheduled last week.” - White House Official

twitter.com...

Will Trump order the documents the FBI and DOJ are withholding?

edit on 21-5-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Fake news for real!!

+1 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: burntheships

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Fake news for real!!

If that's what you're buying, I got a bridge for sale you may be interested in.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
www.nbcnews.com...

Didn't Rosenstein say yesterday that the investigation of Obama Admin using a mole to infiltrate the Trump campaign, had already been assigned to the Inspector General's department? Only 4 hours after the President said he wanted the investigation. Something was fishy about how quickly Rosenstein responded.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Presidential Schedule Change Today...

Additionally, President Trump has changed the last half of his daily schedule to allow for a 3:00pm meeting today with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. Meeting Topic: ‘The Big Ugly’.
Excerpted from an update at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Another year long investigation? No thanks, I think I'll focus on more important things, like my family and enjoying the time I have left on this beautiful planet. Good luck to those who continue to chase the carrot at the end of the stick.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ka-boom-ication

😎

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And who still believes the DOJ is fair? Since Eric Holder's corrupt "fast and furious" reign, the DOJ is probably infiltrated with enough Obama Zombies to make a movie. Having them engaged in any investigation sounds like sending the fox to find out exactly what went on in the chicken coop...I fear Obama has infected our democracy and hope TRump has a cure...

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zoyd23

EXACTLY RIGHT! Too many investigations by entities (Congress / OIG) who are powerless to do anything but submit "findings" to Sessions and Rosenstein, for them to line their bird cages with.

ONLY a well-funded team of Special Counsels can tackle and prosecute something this HUGE and UNPRECEDENTED before various limitation statutes expire!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I smell a reverse impeachment of a past President.

I can spell it too 😮

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Fastest I have ever seen the DOJ move.

This is a scandal of epic proportions. Yes I think Rosie is a very
conflicted man, who can not and should not be trusted.

But he did order it, we will see where this goes. Personally,
I think Trump knew this all along and he is priming the pump.

This is an earthquake.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is an earthquake.

and a typhoon, a volcano, a hurricane, and a tsunami at the same time.

Biggest scandal in U.S. History unfolding.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Fastest I have ever seen the DOJ move.

This is a scandal of epic proportions. Yes I think Rosie is a very
conflicted man, who can not and should not be trusted.

But he did order it, we will see where this goes. Personally,
I think Trump knew this all along and he is priming the pump.

This is an earthquake.

Unless Rosenstein has actually flipped..

At this point, his dirty laundry is most likely well known around the White House ( and beyond.) And like Mueller, the situation could very well be "cooperate or be exposed"

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Eric Holder sounds like he needs a lawyer.

Trump demand for DOJ investigation is dangerous/democracy threatening. DOJ response is disappointing.There is no basis/no predicate for an inquiry.It... ’s time to stand for time honored DOJ independence.That separation from White House is a critical part of our system.

twitter.com...

John Brennan too after this -

Trump Tweet

“John Brennan is panicking. He has disgraced himself, he has disgraced the Country, he has disgraced the entire Intelligence Community. He is the one man who is largely responsible for the destruction of American’s faith in the Intelligence Community and in some people at the....

twitter.com...

Brennan should be worried at this point.
edit on 21-5-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that Trump wasn’t already under surveillance far before the election?

It seems completely counter intuitive to anyone that knows the slightest bit about our intelligence agencies and how they work.

Like a billionaire who hangs out with questionable members of rival foreign governments isn’t already going to be under constant surveillance..

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
..I fear Obama has infected our democracy and hope TRump has a cure...

If Obama did it, Trump is undoing it.
You can bet on it.

+7 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Why does everyone assume that Trump wasn’t already under surveillance far before the election?

It seems completely counter intuitive to anyone that knows the slightest bit about our intelligence agencies and how they work.

Like a billionaire who hangs out with questionable members of rival foreign governments isn’t already going to be under constant surveillance..

So then I guess that the intel community has just about every politician under surveillance, seeing as how they are wealthy and have questionable foriegn contacts.

So then why is it only Trump who had people around him charged, unmasked, etc?

But I love how thae anti trump narrative is changing.

First is was the fbi wasnt surveilling trump, now its of course they are they always have been.

What a joke!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The MSM is reporting this story without mentioning that the NEW YORK TIMES got the ball rolling last week, with their detailed explanation of how the spying worked. They even "outed" Stefan Halper as the spy.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
I’ll hold off for someone who actually has something intelligent to say instead of stacking assumptions on top of assumptions and calling it the truth.

Thank you.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So glad to know your still posting here too, do you do that
from the hiking trail?

Amazing where WiFi is these days eh?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join