It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate barely passes resolution to restore net neutrality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
honestly I think most people are just complaining because of fear their ability to download unlimited pirated copyright content like a God given right will somehow be compromised.

People are selfish, just like corporations.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I pirated The Devil is A Part timer.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
THIEF! I watched it on Netflix

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I don't pirate anything. I'm still in favor of Net Neutrality.

One thing I am very leery of, is anything which allows ISP's to take packets which are built to provide additional security (obscuring where they're from, encryption, etc) and slowing that traffic down. Among many other very good arguments, a reduction in consumer privacy is not something I support.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, assuming that ever happens, I would think it gets resolved like all the other cases, in whatever way it gets resolved.

There is another option, just don't structure your life around the use of the internet. I can remember how life was like before 1999, it was not difficult. I pay my bills and purchase everything I can in person. I am so done with online shopping because I like to examine products I am about to purchase before I open my wallet.

Its entertaining to come here and chat in all, but my life would be just fine if this board was inaccessible tomorrow.
I secretly pray for the day the internet just goes out of service one day all over the globe. Systematic failure, or alien/AI attack, whatever it takes. That will be the day billions of mind go free.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That's great, but for those of us who do like the internet, and want it to be sustainable, we would rather have good legislation behind it, and that means Net Neutrality.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
but you said yourself you don't even know what the law is or what is actually in it. Would it not be proper to first read whats in it?? Lets not make this another "pass it to read it" fiasco.

The protections against the discriminatory practices are already outlined in the 1996 law including penalties and process for resolution.

Whats in this alleged NN law that is not already in the existing laws?? I need to read what is trying to be shoved down our throats first. My memory on the subject from two years ago is too fuzzy.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I know roughly what's in it (the major points at least, like all laws these days there's always a lot of unrelated pork), what I do not remember is it's name to reference it for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join