It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making the case against Iran's government.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: nwtrucker

Did you know Israel is the only country known to have developed nuclear weapons illegally against international conventions? Why wasn’t they stopped?

Also it was the west that got the Ayatollahs in power in the first place? It was a secular country before then. You should do more research

Israel never signed that accord, as far as I know. Of course, you cite Israel and omit Pakistan, India, China and South Africa. I can't recall which one were signatories and which ones weren't, off the top. But no, not the only country by any means. Research, then spin.

As I posted earlier, when it comes to nukes, it's semantics.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Its not correct to define countries as jokes and then invade them. We have internation laws that we should all abide by. Many of these rules where put in place atfter the second world war to stop the same mess happening again. These are soveringn nations and aslong as they stay within the law there should be no issue.

How many nations has Iran started a war with over the last 200 years. You would be suprised. Personally I would be more worried about the countries that have these wepons and have used them in the past. The only nation to use them on civilan populations was the US.

Who just used depleted uranium in Iraq. Children are still being born like blobs of jelly. Do you consider this responsible use of weaponry.

Israel has there weapons illegally. They have not signed a treaty. Do you think they should be invaded.?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I asked the question because you seemed to be saying that its wrong to have these wepons illegally. Ask yourself how Israel got there wepons and ask yourself why they have signed no treaty. That is illegal use of nuclear wepons. Using your logic we should invade.

Not going to happen though now is it. Why because the USA is Israels #

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Your lack of knowledge of the targets in Japan adds to misconception. Both Japanese targets were industrial cities that supplied material for Japan's war efforts. My understanding is that was part of the target selection process. Cutting through your rhetoric, there is no point in having nukes if use of them is out of the question. That's their value. Deterrence.

Take a seat and and I will break this too you easy. Your understanding is mute. You have been fed propaganda.

Many countries in other parts of the world have a different understanding of those events. So here is some history for you. Japan was already negotiating a surrender and had been for a period of time before those weapons where used.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Honestly mate, Iran are the last of our problems. We have enough domestic threats that outweigh Iran any day of the week.

True we have a pretty big Sunni issue here that does outweigh the Iran thing, in addition to which we have a right wing Nazi type issue too rearing its head too with political attacks. Brexit stuff issue too, plus keeping our economy alive too. I still back the case for taking any nuclear development off Iran by whatever means it takes, North Korea can be left with them they are not a true ideological threat these days but Iran is and has global ambitions unlike Korea.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Its not correct to define countries as jokes and then invade them.

In the grand scheme of things Iran don't count and you know it. Therefore they are a joke country relative to others that count economically and militarily on Planet Earth. They are not permanent five council member so should not be allowed nukes pure and simple.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Israel has there weapons illegally. They have not signed a treaty

Jews developed nukes and were instrumental to their development along with Christians. They developed them therefore it's non of anybody else's business having them. Israel has a right to them as their people developed nukes. Muslims did absolutely nothing therefore they are totally thieving the intellectual knowledge of others. Therefore they should not have any right to the technology, it's none of their business.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I asked the question because you seemed to be saying that its wrong to have these wepons illegally. Ask yourself how Israel got there wepons and ask yourself why they have signed no treaty. That is illegal use of nuclear wepons. Using your logic we should invade.

Not going to happen though now is it. Why because the USA is Israels #

Slightly different from your original post. Israel isn't the only country. I don't 'ask myself' your questions.

Using the analogy of owning weapons in the U.S.. Everyone has that 'right' via the Second Amendment. Some, however, have lost that right. Felons, the insane are not permitted.

The same, in my view, applies to nukes. I've never mention 'legal' or 'illegal' in this or any other thread regarding nukes.Period. It is the argument of those that do not recognize the potential of a nuked up planet will likely result in.

The U.S. has never signed onto the 'World Court' and even it it had my position would be the same. It has to stop. Pakistan should never been permitted nukes. Next to impossible to undo it after the fact. As are all the other nuke capable nations. Yes, that includes israel and the U.S..

So restricting the proliferation of nukes has failed, by 'legal' means. Fact. That leaves only pro-active intervention as the means to stop it.

Fair? Nope. A survival point, none the less. Could it result in war? Yes.

Faced with potential nuclear war and the alternative of non-nuclear war, I will take the latter. I like neither choice. Yet avoiding both assures the former.

Be it via internal revolt, peaceful change in leadership, intense pressure combined with negotiation, as with NK, or kick them where it hurts, one way or the other, it will be done. Just my opinion, though.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It seems to me that Iran's only crime is that it supports Palestine. Since Palestine has done nothing wrong except for being located in a place that the internationally backed Zionist community thinks belongs to them, I don't really see an issue with that. In fact, all things considered, I think their support is commendable.

On the other hand America wants to support Israel. This is in a large part down to the huge Zionist influence there is in highest level of American politics and commerce.

The US wants Iran not to have nukes yet it allows Israel to have them! How is that fair??

The US wants Iran to be subjected to regular weapons inspectors but not Israel!! How is that fair??

Well the simple answer is, it's not fair at all, but because we're subjected to brainwashing by our Zionist supporting media outlets, a lot of people, mainly those who are easily led, believe Iran to be the bad guy when in fact this couldn't be further from the truth.

Israel is an illegal state and a lot of people are waking up to this despite the medias best efforts to convince us all otherwise.

I hope Iran doesn't buckle.

All that's left to say is #FreePalestine

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Those advocating for war with Iran should be ashamed of themselves. Have you learnt nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan and other horrible wars? The arrogance of Americans discussing the merits of war with Iran while they sit comfortably removed from war. How would you like it if world powers were discussing whether or not to invade the US? That the US government needs to be removed and so forth

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
Those advocating for war with Iran should be ashamed of themselves. Have you learnt nothing from Iraq and Afghanistan and other horrible wars? The arrogance of Americans discussing the merits of war with Iran while they sit comfortably removed from war. How would you like it if world powers were discussing whether or not to invade the US? That the US government needs to be removed and so forth

Sit with your head in the sand. It's you that is sitting back comfortable and ignoring the fact that war is already occurring. Iran is a major player. The Ayatollahs of Iran gone, by any means short of war, or if necessary, war removes a major player in extreme militant Islam.

Even ME nations have endorsed Trump's cancellation of the agreement. Obviously Israel, but Saudi Arabia, U.A.E. and Bahrain. That should be telling. if one isn't siting back being comfortable, that is.

As far as the same happening to the U.S., I'm very sure similar thoughts and exploratory planning has been gone into. At this juncture, not a practical option. If it was, or becomes so in the future, I will lock and load...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I am very disappointed in our EU allies with their decision to continue trade with Iran, and undermining our own economy in the process by cedeing to their refusal to accept our currency in trade. I can understand Russia and China dumping the dollar. But Europe's decision to dump it also when dealing with Iran is quite the insult, and hopefully they will feel the consequences of such action .

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I am very disappointed in our EU allies with their decision to continue trade with Iran, and undermining our own economy in the process by cedeing to their refusal to accept our currency in trade. I can understand Russia and China dumping the dollar. But Europe's decision to dump it also when dealing with Iran is quite the insult, and hopefully they will feel the consequences of such action .

No doubt they will feel the same results. That's why I don't buy that rhetoric from the EU. If the USD goes done, the EuroZone is toast, as well.

Just talk.

The point I'd make is it isn't just an 'ally' thing. It's a Corporate decision to continue trade with Iran ....and lose trade with the U.S..

The complexity is with, say, an Airbus. They'd gain sales via Iran and lose them in the U.S.. They'd lose far more than they'd gain. Boeing would gain those lost U.S. salesfrom Airbus. The problem is Airbus has a plant, I believe, in Alabama. That's a bunch of jobs that would be lost if Airbus closed that plant. (Cost them a fortune to do so as well.)

That's where the 'fine option' might kick in.

Trump has a big issue with Nuclear proliferation. Hence the big push on NK and Iran. It's an interesting juggle with economic considerations.

It the EU backs it's Corporations, I believe Trump should withdraw from NATO as sooner or later the mess that is ME-Europe machination will explode and the U.S. should flat out stay out of it. Just my opinion, though.
edit on 17-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What is this..? Seasonal HASBARA ATTACK on ATS….?

Lol …

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Jews developed nukes and were instrumental to their development along with Christians. They developed them therefore it's non of anybody else's business having them. Israel has a right to them as their people developed nukes. Muslims did absolutely nothing therefore they are totally thieving the intellectual knowledge of others. Therefore they should not have any right to the technology, it's none of their business.

lol....The Chinese invented the printing press and gunpowder. Do you think that means you should not use a printed newspaper or look at a firework.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Purple's those Chinese techononpny were just yesterday developments. Who cares about the printing press or guns? Nukes are serious. Would THEY let you nor me have a nuke? Would they heck. That's because we are nor=t responsible, same applies for the Muslims. They are not developed enough to handle this tech yet, maybe in a century or two but without doubt not yet

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Purple's those Chinese techononpny were just yesterday developments. Who cares about the printing press or guns? Nukes are serious. Would THEY let you nor me have a nuke? Would they heck. That's because we are nor=t responsible, same applies for the Muslims. They are not developed enough to handle this tech yet, maybe in a century or two but without doubt not yet

Hh dear more cods wollop on the internet :-) Your point is mute! Pakistan is a Muslim country and has nukes.

lol
Smoked and choked..

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Pakistan is ok having nukes as they are run by Israel through the backdoor Pathans. Imran Khan was good with the bat but as a Pathan always leaned towards his home town Irael. Iran and nukes not a good idea. Pathans with nukes = Popeye Mk2 subs (but on land) in Pakistan on th enew front

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Look at how you flap about like a fish out of water. Wriggling this way and that. First you said Muslims cant be trusted with Nukes and now you are saying they can be trusted with nukes as long as someone else is watching.

As the adage goes.. you can bring a horse to water but you cannot make it drink

Drink horse. Drink

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That tech belongs to the Yanks Yids and Brits how dare anybody else steal that. I am personally not responsible to acquire a nuke, neither are the joke countries. Only the Permanent Five plus Indians can have them

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join