It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is no one a WOW fan?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

The best times playing WoW for me were Vanilla and BC. I was a hardcore pvper but I raided MC a little. Going back to Classic I can do all things I missed. Also, I miss server communities, instead of Cross Realm. LFG tool and fast queue times for BGs are great and all but I miss being apart of a community where you recognize players when visiting major cities and I miss running to dungeons.

I might be nuts, but I miss the Honor system and week long AV stalemates.
edit on 13-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: alphabetaone

Played since Vanilla but didn’t play MoP or WoD much. I did enjoy Legion but stopped playing about 6 months ago. I always check out the new expansions but what I’m looking forward to is Classic WoW!

Having had played since beta, I have this love/hate relationship with Vanilla wow. On the one hand, the memory of that initial exploration and, even then, the world was outrageously large...especially since flying wasn't even a concept then. It felt like a serious accomplishment to simply find a flightpath that you shouldn't be able to attain until much later...and it was, since often times it was on foot. Having to wait until level 40 to get a mount IF you could afford it was truly a luxury. Those are great memories along with a lot of others.

Some of the not-so-great memories...spamming trade for hours or sometimes days just to get a 5-man, or waiting for weeks on end just to get a 40 man for original naxxramas or MC only to find that on the scheduled day half the people showed up and typically they were all or mostly DPS...the old naxx attunement - enough said, keychains and acquiring the keys (though this should be more on a positive side as often they were fun to get, but annoying if you didn't have them), attunement for UBRS / LBRS - nuff said, hunter ammunition and mana - nuff said

LOL like I said, love/hate relationship

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Started 2007, still playing 11 years on. Sad to say, my main is still my first roll human paladin

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: trollz

LOL my druid and hunter are my 2 favorites too, with mage being a close third (or second)...so you like guardian eh? I do, but prefer feral in raids

Yeah guardian is definitely my favorite druid spec. They're so fun to tank with. It works pretty well in BGs too, especially when defending mine carts or holding orbs. I was so excited when I got the pvp skin.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
Started 2007, still playing 11 years on. Sad to say, my main is still my first roll human paladin

Nothing wrong with that! I think its great after all these years still enjoying the same class.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Haven't played since lvl cap was 60. Took too much of my time away. Relationship punisher. Since then I've also stayed away from other online-based games. Too many foolish kids playing. But there was a time when I loved it.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I played like crazy during vanilla up to burning crusade. Lost interest with the expansions and the changes.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Slinki

The best times playing WoW for me were Vanilla and BC. I was a hardcore pvper but I raided MC a little. Going back to Classic I can do all things I missed. Also, I miss server communities, instead of Cross Realm. LFG tool and fast queue times for BGs are great and all but I miss being apart of a community where you recognize players when visiting major cities and I miss running to dungeons.

I might be nuts, but I miss the Honor system and week long AV stalemates.

I heartily agree, my friend.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There are pro's and con's for Live and Vanilla, neither one will ever be better than the other. You just gotta take the good with the bad, like everything else. For me, Vanilla was the best, even with all the headaches that came with it so I look forward to Blizzard launching Classic servers and I hope it's sooner rather than later!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Did a while back go and create a demon hunter and within a few weeks was off tanking LFR raids, had played from vanilla to MOP but just found the grinding a bit boring so the account is back to being a trial acc.

Guess given my age its just quite the crack it used to be.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

There are pro's and con's for Live and Vanilla, neither one will ever be better than the other. You just gotta take the good with the bad, like everything else. For me, Vanilla was the best, even with all the headaches that came with it so I look forward to Blizzard launching Classic servers and I hope it's sooner rather than later!

Yea for sure, I don't think one person's experience is more "correct" than anothers...like you said the good with the bad! Some quality of life items I appreciate now, and some of the nostalgic way things WERE I wish were still there....mostly the community

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Huge WoW player. I'm in the Beta right now as I type this, building up my battlepet collection for the point when they release the pet content!

I've been playing WoW without a break since BC and have already pre-purchased BfA. Don't get as much time to play since I'm working full time now, but I'm still plugging along making gold.

Looking forward to Classic WoW as well. I wasn't there for Vanilla, but BC still had a lot of that old legacy content and feel and I loved it.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It was interesting and epic when it first came out, but now it’s old and tired.

Time for a new game.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I would agree. Not much looking forward to BFA though. The Aztec empire thing isn't quite my cup of tea, kind of the same foreboding as MoP. However it wasn't that bad.

Looking forward to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen?

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yep, I'm with you there bro. I miss the sheer nostalgia of the way things were then, but I have a feeling nostalgia is mainly all it is------vanilla was a raw grind, lol. Don't get me wrong, though, it was a grind I sure miss, I'm just wondering if it will be the same this time around.

Anyway, it's cool seeing that other ATS members play. Kind of nice seeing that some of the members I disagree with politically, I have something in common with on our love for the green fields of Azeroth!

That's why WoW will always rule.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

It was interesting and epic when it first came out, but now it’s old and tired.

Time for a new game.

I can certainly understand that sentiment.

Played EQ one and two, GW 2, Conan, Warhammer online, Neverwinter nights online, FF, DDO, LotRo, BDO, Terra, ESO and a handful of lesser known MMOs and still return to WoW.

No one yet does it better than Blizzard right now IMO.

I wish ESO would go in a direction I favored as the art design and style is much better.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Huge WoW player. I'm in the Beta right now as I type this, building up my battlepet collection for the point when they release the pet content!

That's fantastic! I was invited to beta, but gracefully bowed out lol

I've been playing WoW without a break since BC and have already pre-purchased BfA.

I'm thinkin, your fingers must be mighty tired. That's 12 years since BC launched lol

Don't get as much time to play since I'm working full time now, but I'm still plugging along making gold.

I hear that. Though, that's another QOL thing that I enjoy, the relative ease with which you can make gold..if you have enough of a "110 farm", the mission table can literally pay for the game without you spending a dime.

Looking forward to Classic WoW as well. I wasn't there for Vanilla, but BC still had a lot of that old legacy content and feel and I loved it.

It was great, and as one poster said nostalgic and lots of fun, BUT it was also rife with server downtime, to the tune of every other day when it first launched. It was maddening at the time, but its funny how NOW I look back at that and would want it that way al over again.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I would agree. Not much looking forward to BFA though. The Aztec empire thing isn't quite my cup of tea, kind of the same foreboding as MoP. However it wasn't that bad.

Looking forward to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen?

Truth be told Jinmi, I've been burned (mostly by myself) with high expectations for an MMO only to see them turn F2P in months or a years time and P2W by way of micro-transactions....so I'm being a bit reserved these days on how much I look forward to anything new....it DOES look promising, I will concede that much lol

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

Yep, I'm with you there bro. I miss the sheer nostalgia of the way things were then, but I have a feeling nostalgia is mainly all it is------vanilla was a raw grind, lol. Don't get me wrong, though, it was a grind I sure miss, I'm just wondering if it will be the same this time around.

Exactly right... it was a HUGE grind, at times I think people forget just how lengthy it was getting to level 60. The grind from 50 to 60 was absolutely brutal...but felt like such an accomplishment when there.

Anyway, it's cool seeing that other ATS members play. Kind of nice seeing that some of the members I disagree with politically, I have something in common with on our love for the green fields of Azeroth!

That's why WoW will always rule.

I agree in large part with that sentiment. Though, its also the way life should be (and for me typically is), I can disagree with someone I know vehemently, yet always maintain the common ground we always had...

You know what would be interesting, if the active players on here got together and created an Above Top Secret raiding and social guild, then every wipe gets blamed on insolent political party du jour LOL
edit on 13-5-2018 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I was just contemplating putting up a Discord server for that.

I'm mostly a solo player and Ats is my social media. It would be a boon for myself.

Any others?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join