It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home From The Hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
My husband took me to the ER friday evening.I had multiple TIA's with some slurring and
facial drooping.I was admitted to the hospital and the games began...
Very little sleep,one nurse hooked me up to IV's and another tried drawing blood from
my other arm.Couldn't get any vein from that arm and they got my hand instead.I was very
nauseated and threw up several times until I had dry heaves.
I had a brain scan done on friday morning and the hospital did another scan on saturday.
I had no damage done to my brain! I saw a few therapists to check my speech,walking
and feeling everything is okay.I was finally released from the hospital saturday evening
and slept several hours.
I woke up and sent a message to my kids' and logged on here to let you all know I am home.
I want to thank everyone for their messages and prayers.Love you all,Mama

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Good for you!! I followed the other thread and am very glad to hear you're out of the woods.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

oh mama
I am glad everything is okay at the moment with you.

Have they given you relevant blood-thinning meds? Advice on lessening risk of stroke?

This hits close to home, my mother had a stroke on Christmas Day. She lives out in the country and went in on Christmas Eve to the hospital, following FAST symptoms (she had a TIA 18 months prior) and the ER sent her home, then Christmas day needed ambulance, fortunately she didn't die or have severe complications, though she still doesn't have complete use of her right arm thus lost a bit of independence there. I am so mad the ER sent her home but the doctor who did got a big reprimand apparently.

Mum is one of those lucky 5%ers of Small Cell Lung Cancer patients who survive, they had to do radiation on her brain to make sure there were no nasty cancer cells there and apparently that's what is most likely to have caused her TIA and stroke. Though, on her paternal side of family there is a long history of cerebral haemorrhage and the like so who knows.

You may have been told this before: But now is a good time to put in place plans for your loved ones who are around you to be educated on the FAST symptoms and relevant first aid for you in case another TIA or worse occurs, also make sure missy you don't do certain things like climb ladders by yourself. I gave mum a good serve for doing so, and she finally got the message when she fell off a step ladder (lucky it was a step ladder!)

Also! Be aware, and ask your loved ones to look out for, any symptoms of memory, cognitive, behavioural changes. These things can go unchecked and not be so fun to deal with later down the road.

Keep on trucking and look on the bright side, you had a few days rest being pampered. And having tasty hospital food

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Glad you are doing better!

Best Wishes, Mamabeth!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Sometimes it's nice to miss the first episode ...

Just to know there is a happy ending ! 😄😎

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Good news!!!

I didn’t see you were in such a difficult position health-wise. So glad to hear you are making a great recovery.

AB

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Keep on .
One of the very best times a person can have is crawling into their own bed after being in the hospital for a while.
Paradise Found

edit on 5/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Happy to read the news mamabeth , you do have Da Force.
May Da Force remain with you.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am so sorry you are dealing with this . How scary!..... I am glad to hear you are home, And Happy Mothersday !!! . .... Please do me a favor when you go back to the doctor , ask to see a GOOD cardiologist .... I am not a doctor , but more studies are coming out about the link between TIAs and fanged heart tissue .... So please see a GOOD cardiologist . ... Stay well .... Hug your loved ones .... I'm sure they missed you !

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Happy to hear that you are home and doing better!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Glad to hear your home! Take care and rest up!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So happy to hear you are doing better Mamabeth.

Happy Mothers Day to a beautiful soul. God bless you !

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Great to see all is ok Mama...

Right, about them sammiches!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The only time I did crawl into bed was after a spinal tap a few
years ago.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I might be interested into making a rabbit sammie with ALL
the fixin's.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I might be interested into making a rabbit sammie with ALL
the fixin's.

Catch me if you can...

« Clenches buttocks »

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Sorry,I can't play anymore I am getting tired.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Maybe you are eating too many lectins or lectin like chemistry. Many plant based foods can cause platelets to stick together. Maybe use a little more onions on things, garlic does thin blood but it also increases thromblin creation if overconsumed. Lots of junk food has chemistry that can cause clogging of arteries too, the salts of spices can still contain lectin chemistry. Cooking veggies does help to lower lectins.

I have always had blood that is either too thin or too thick. I was diagnosed with this around fifty years ago when I was twelve. I learned to automatically eat things to balance it now, I have collected lots of information that was pertinant to me over the years, but some of it has now been proven false, it never was real.

If you have a hamburger, put some raw onion on it and check in on the lectin connection. www.biotype.net...

Don't get afraid, just learn how to balance things. Yesterday I scraped myself while changing the plug wires on the car, it bled a little too much but it did stop. Maybe a little too thin, I keep an eye on these things always. I got a lot of problems from onion and garlic chips, I used to eat a whole bag. I used to get nosebleeds when I did that. Back in the sixties the doctor told me I had some kind of blood problem but did not know what it was. It was onion and garlic chips.

Moderation and diversity works for me, when I have a salad I like it with some onion on it. When you get used to living that way, it seems normal. Your blood seems to be a little sticky, a baby aspirin works too, you may need some anticoagulant meds for a while. That is a whole different story, my mother was on cumadin and it was hard to regulate her blood, diet is very hard to do when on those meds. My uncle just told us to stay away from anything green when on coumadin so it is easy to keep the dose in place and stop events. It seemed to work with my mother, she did not have all the ups and downs.

It is important to state.....if you do go on blood thinners than what I am talking about might be hard to do. If you are put on blood thinners because you eat a lot of green leafy stuff and cheeses and milk products and grains, then you quit, it could lead to problems with regulating the blood and result in internal bleeding from too thin blood. Talk to your doctor about dietary changes and mention the lectins connection. A good doctor should know about the pertinance of lectins and other chemistries that can cause blood agglutination like any animal product containing albumin.

The idea is to balance things, either with diet or with meds.
edit on 13-5-2018 by rickymouse because: Wrong link in original version. I wanted one that listed things.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So glad you are okay. The force must be with you. Best wishes-enjoy your life any way you can!

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Have a great Mother's Day, Mama B.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join